"Uncaught exceptions"

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Razer_*

Guest_Razer_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2005 - 08:11 PM

I've created two working units and decided to start again and make my own team with it's own beginning units. The new army, EU_D or "EU Desert Forces", worked fine with older units, i.e. the default GLAInfantryWorker etc. But when I created my new worker I can't run my game. I get this error message:

Release Crash at Tue Oct 25 21:00:38 2005
; Reason Uncaught Exception during initialization.

Even when I changed the player template back and removed the new worker, the exception stayed. I've replaced the player template in case it was a mistype - but it still doesn't work.... I know the unit works because I entered worldbuilder, which although it wouldn't jump to game (it never would - even before I started modding) it still allowed me to place my unit from the object directory EU_D. So what have I done?

--Razer

#2 AdmiralGT

AdmiralGT

title available

• Members
  • 1,702 posts
  • Projects:Petrolution

Posted 25 October 2005 - 10:35 PM

Try opening Worldbuilder, this will give a more detailed error message which should give you the exact line which is causing the problem. Normally uncaught exceptions are problems in CommandSet or CommandButton.

#3 Guest_Razer_*

Guest_Razer_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:00 AM

Fixed that problem, but I don't know how - simply re-extracted the CommandSet and the PlayerTemplate and it worked. Now I've got a differnt error message after trying to set my own command centre:

Release Crash at Wed Oct 26 09:56:12 2005
; Reason Uncaught Exception in GameEngine::update

Also, how do you bring up the error message in Worldbuilder? I must have missed that tutorial.

--Razer

Note: I have managed to get my new dozer to work before this problem.

#4 Guest_Razer_*

Guest_Razer_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:44 AM

If you're using a csfeditor, what does the error message -

I/O Error 1784

- mean?

--Razer

#5 Guest_ImmoMan_*

Guest_ImmoMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2005 - 01:01 AM

Depends on what csf editor you're using. Have a look at its documentation or look in the forums for it, if it has any.

#6 Guest_Razer_*

Guest_Razer_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 October 2005 - 06:06 PM

How do I use WorldBuilder to get a more detailed description of my error? Also, my jump to game doesn't work - do I have to have the game open at the time?

--Razer

#7 Guest_ImmoMan_*

Guest_ImmoMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2005 - 01:46 AM

Running world builder should be enough. It gives you the errors right when it starts, if there are any.

Edited by ImmoMan, 01 November 2005 - 01:46 AM.

#8 beng

beng
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:19 PM

Running world builder should be enough. It gives you the errors right when it starts, if there are any.

Only in ZH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users