But im sure that both Pendaelose and Creator have great ideas to improve 'em :p

#22 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 04 December 2005 - 07:58 AM

When I made strong defenses in version 002 they were saying that to attack is suck. I made them weaker. Now you are saying that to defend is suck. In my opinion, defenses are ok. The thing that really suck is your strategy.

#23 M.E.C.H.

M.E.C.H.

MACHINATOR

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  • Projects:B.F. MOD LEADER LEAD MODELLER
  •  mechs are teh best

Posted 04 December 2005 - 10:29 AM

When I made strong defenses in version 002 they were saying that to attack is suck. I made them weaker. Now you are saying that to defend is suck. In my opinion, defenses are ok. The thing that really suck is your strategy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah "rape" this GUEST !
You guy must register first, so we can know who's speaking !!! :)
Then, as for the defences i dont believe that they're fine Creator...... ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Mod Progress:
Models:----------------------------------------
INI___:----------------------------------------

Link : http://forums.revora...p?showforum=859

#24 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 04 December 2005 - 01:03 PM

There not too bad but i do think there still quiet alot weaker compired to that of china/usa
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#25 Madin

Madin

title available

• Hosted
  • 686 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 01:56 PM

There not too bad but i do think there still quiet alot weaker compired to that of china/usa

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They have to be by design. In this sense the mod is no different to normal zero hour. The GLA have defences that require no power. If they were equal in defence power to their USA/China counterparts, the bitter complaining from everyone would never stop!
(remember that in plain old generals they slowed down the build speed of the GLA tunnel because people complained)
Get used to keeping a small 'defence squad' in your GLA tunnel, ready for when it seems your defences will be over run.
That being said though, I don't like the fact that the GLA have 2 generals that have defences that infantry can just run past until the said generals reach level 3 (Assault & Stealth) With the assault general, infantry don't even have to run past, they can take them on, before the defences get the toxin shell upgrade (i'll write a small report on said general soon)

#26 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 04 December 2005 - 02:18 PM

Probably they seem (only seem) weaker because of their size. Stinger site is 2 times bigger than Patriot, but not stronger.

Edited by Creator, 04 December 2005 - 02:20 PM.

#27 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 04 December 2005 - 02:43 PM

Probably they seem (only seem) weaker because of their size. Stinger site is 2 times bigger than Patriot, but not stronger.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the size does infanct make them weaker though... its subtle, but when spamming an area with defenses you can only fit half as many. I think that most people who have complained about the defenses are trying to do exactly this. If you build as many as you can in a little area you will find them only half as strong as USA defenses because you have half as many.

a while back I got a suggestion for Remix to make the stinger site like a bunker or fire base. just load it up with the infantry of your choice. this will go a longway toward making GLA stronger without having to make huge changes. I'm also inclined to make it have 3 additional places for infantry to stand inside (In remix infanrty are smaller and cheaper, so this makes sense)

Edited by Pendaelose, 04 December 2005 - 03:13 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#28 M.E.C.H.

M.E.C.H.

MACHINATOR

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  •  mechs are teh best

Posted 04 December 2005 - 02:57 PM

I'm also inclined to make it have 3 additional places for infantry to stand inside (In remix infanrty are smaller and cheaper, so this maes sense)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah thats a good idea :) But also make the stinger site differend..... Like more armored ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Mod Progress:

#29 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 04 December 2005 - 03:24 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the size does infanct make them weaker though... its subtle, but when spamming an area with defenses you can only fit half as many. I think that most people who have complained about the defenses are trying to do exactly this. If you build as many as you can in a little area you will find them only half as strong as USA defenses because you have half as many.

a while back I got a suggestion for Remix to make the stinger site like a bunker or fire base. just load it up with the infantry of your choice. this will go a longway toward making GLA stronger without having to make huge changes. I'm also inclined to make it have 3 additional places for infantry to stand inside (In remix infanrty are smaller and cheaper, so this makes sense)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey pend the defence for the gla has not be thought bout yet in your remix yet has it?
The bunker ide is great why not use the bunker idea i choose then u can make the upgrades that the contra has be placed ontop of the bunker ?
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#30 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 04:19 PM

Hey pend the defence for the gla has not be thought bout yet in your remix yet has it?
The bunker ide is great why not use the bunker idea i choose then u can make the upgrades that the contra has be placed ontop of the bunker ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

its been thaught about alot, but is not set in stone yet. Rosco and I will both be making a varrety of turrets for the exsisting defense site, and also a variety of new heavy and light defenses.

I don't like stacking a bunker with a modular addon, I think thats a little overkill, but something less flexabe, like a fire base might be done. Much of this will be run last minute and played by ear. I'm hopping we get enough defenses to make a very nice variety to suit every need and style.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#31 Madin

Madin

title available

• Hosted
  • 686 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 08:46 PM

I'm actually being generous when i say that power should be taken into consideration for the assault and stealth generals stinger sites. They are crap, they have always been crap since the original generals release and have actually gotten a little worse. One pool of toxin or radiation or a rifle infantry or sniper units can all take the stinger site out of action allowing any other unit to finish it off. Do you guys actually play has either of these generals? I must stress that I'm only talking about defence before level 3.

#32 M.E.C.H.

M.E.C.H.

MACHINATOR

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  •  mechs are teh best

Posted 04 December 2005 - 09:46 PM

Well well well, as we were talkin about GLA defences... A very good man suggested me a gla truck the mobile missile platform called "BRAHMOS"
But i liked its missiles not its truck...
So i made a turret with these missiles, it's not yet completelly finished but i will finish it tommorow, cause today i'm really tired (i made 3 models... and worked on some code...) So tommorow you will have a pic.. And if you like it i will give it to you also.....
:p

Edited by M.E.C.H., 04 December 2005 - 09:48 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Mod Progress:

#33 Madin

Madin

title available

• Hosted
  • 686 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 07:10 PM

My favourite generals in contra 003.
Nuke general: because :rolleyes:
Super weapon general: Because :ninja:
Stealth general: Superb!

My 3 least favourite generals.
Assault general: Bores me to tears.
Airforce general: :ninja: (censored - ed)
Tank general: Kind of bored of tanks in general games.

#34 M.E.C.H.

M.E.C.H.

MACHINATOR

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  •  mechs are teh best

Posted 13 January 2006 - 04:41 PM

View Post

Really ?
Then what is not boring ? using f-22 to destroy a whole base........... :blush: .zzzzzzz
Posted Image
Posted Image
Mod Progress:

#35 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 05:00 PM

View Post

Really ?
Then what is not boring ? using f-22 to destroy a whole base........... :blush: .zzzzzzz

View Post

Thats not very fair mech. I have to agree with him... I was bored sick of tank rushing before Generals even came out. Its one thing that hasn't changed even a little sense the Original C&C came out. I enjoy almost any part of the game more than build a bunch of big tanks and squish the other guy... Infantry combat, air combat, super weapons... I'll take anything over a tank battle.

I respect the need to have tanks in game... but I think they are dull when over played.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 M.E.C.H.

M.E.C.H.

MACHINATOR

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  •  mechs are teh best

Posted 14 January 2006 - 11:16 PM

Thats not very fair mech. 

View Post

Yes it is

Its one thing that hasn't changed even a little sense the Original C&C came out.

View Post

Thats why it didnt changed cause its the most normal way.... And it will never gonna change in NO strategy game, in every strategy game the ground force is the all round and the airforce is a prescission strike force

I enjoy almost any part of the game more than build a bunch of big tanks and squish the other guy...

View Post

He will squish you with his tanks, when you are trying to stop him with air :lol:

Infantry combat, air combat, super weapons... 

View Post

Infantry combat : Yeah i like it very much... it is the most exciting, cause you can have heroes.....
Air combat : i will never gonna like it as a main force cause its NOT A MAIN FORCE !
Super Weapons : yeah they're preety good, and the most destructive, this thing makes 'em exciting

I respect the need to have tanks in game... but I think they are dull when over played.

View Post

You simply respect it ? :p Its the work house the Alpha and the Omega of an assault....
Posted Image
Posted Image
Mod Progress:

#37 alpha86

alpha86

Vampire Queen

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 12:35 PM

USA: Airforce/Laser
China: Nuke
GLA: Demo!

*~si aeraesar bastosi shai por eil vyri eindral syl sosti eil thasti ail si basti os aeraesar jhyli*~

Posted Image~*Sufletul ei nu poate să fie salvat. Ea este blestemată.*~Posted Image

Posted Image

~*ai jhyli o shor eir si volaer os tia shyjael caes, volaer mai mar, si tyr thor syl si ae os ei baedi*~

#38 Madin

Madin

title available

• Hosted
  • 686 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 06:43 PM

Really ?
Then what is not boring ? using f-22 to destroy a whole base........... ;) .zzzzzzz

View Post

Whatever you prefer. Its just personal opinion. The whole reason that I like contra is that playing has the various sides really has a different feel. I don't mind playing someone who likes to tank rush, my favourite sides have infantry with great anti tank abilities, I just don't like tank rushing myself. :blink:

#39 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2006 - 07:14 PM

tank rushing is bad, but i think that M.E.C.H. wanted to say overwhelming power on tanks not numbers ;)
am i right ?
and i also like tanks more, cause they can do much more things and they dont have to reload :blink: and finally i like robots, i saw some nice mechs in blue fire mod, can u use some of them ??? ;)

#40 Madin

Madin

title available

• Hosted
  • 686 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 08:30 PM

tank rushing is bad, but i think that M.E.C.H. wanted to say overwhelming power on tanks not numbers  ;)
am i right ?
and i also like tanks more, cause they can do much more things and they dont have to reload  :blink:  and finally i like robots, i saw some nice mechs in blue fire mod, can u use some of them ??? ;)

View Post

Indeed. And if you have a tank (Emperor overlord with gattling upgrade) that can be anti-air, anti-infantry, has one of the strongest tank cannons and a lot of amour, can heal itself and heal others and increase other units rate of fire, does this make for an exciting and diverse team? (not flaming ok? ;) )
I think that that set up is too multi purpose.

Edited by Madin, 16 January 2006 - 09:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users