#1 Samael

Samael

Living life to the fullest

• Project Team
  • 1,477 posts
  • Projects:Living my Life the right way
  •  Baller

Posted 03 November 2005 - 06:06 PM

Ok I made this topic to discuss on games that should come out in the future or be remade.

I think Starcraft should be remade into what C&C Generals looks like,I mean freestyle for the airborn units not just hanging in one area they should do attack runs and have better graphics to the game.

And I like to see in the future more first person shooter RPG(role playing) like a soldier game that is almost real life or is. :cool:

What do you guys and girls want to see made in the future or remade. :cool:

Edited by Samael, 03 November 2005 - 06:07 PM.

#2 crave22

crave22

sup dawg

• Project Team
  • 4,295 posts
  • Projects:Feeding Myself to a Koala
  •  Retired RPG Guild Staff

Posted 04 November 2005 - 05:07 PM

Blizzard at one time said they were doing a new SC, but I think it was just a rumor. However, we can't enjoy SC with better graphics till they do because of their "anti piracy team." :p
Posted Image

#3 Samael

Samael

Living life to the fullest

• Project Team
  • 1,477 posts
  • Projects:Living my Life the right way
  •  Baller

Posted 05 November 2005 - 02:52 AM

Well I hope something happens but lets get back to topic. What games would you guys like to see made in the future.

#4 crave22

crave22

sup dawg

• Project Team
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 03:11 AM

Personally, I'd like to see something from a Star Wars genre where you take command of a ship. Not a strategy game like EaW, but instead a mix of KotOR and other strategy games. KotOR when you're walking around your ship or on a planet and strategy games when you're in ship to ship combat. If you get boarded, you can stay on the bridge or go into the halls of your ship and cut people up with a lightsaber or somethin like that.

One thing that would be awesome would be complete customisation. You start out with your warship for whatever faction, and can upgrade it (assuming you have the cash...). You can use standard infantry to defend the corridors in the event of a boarding, or design your own trooper/marine/commando/whatever. Give them a special blaster/armor/helmet/whatever you want.

Anyway, that's a combination of a couple video games I'd like to see. I think it sounds cool, though. :blink:
Posted Image

#5 Mormacil

Mormacil

Knüdel

• Project Team
  • 316 posts
  • Projects:Frontline, Elementis concept-artist

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:54 AM

Personally, I'd like to see something from a Star Wars genre where you take command of a ship. Not a strategy game like EaW, but instead a mix of KotOR and other strategy games. KotOR when you're walking around your ship or on a planet and strategy games when you're in ship to ship combat. If you get boarded, you can stay on the bridge or go into the halls of your ship and cut people up with a lightsaber or somethin like that.

One thing that would be awesome would be complete customisation. You start out with your warship for whatever faction, and can upgrade it (assuming you have the cash...). You can use standard infantry to defend the corridors in the event of a boarding, or design your own trooper/marine/commando/whatever. Give them a special blaster/armor/helmet/whatever you want.

Anyway, that's a combination of a couple video games I'd like to see. I think it sounds cool, though. :p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me and my brother got a simulair idea. I would be awsome to have a game, were you just could buy a ship, be a pirate or a good trader, upgrade it, buy new ones. Etc. Really make the ship and it's ppl your creation. You get the piucture?
Further a remake of Tiberian Sun :sad: and a new Jagged Alliance, hmm that would be more a remake/improvement then. Well there to many stuff that should be remade or created in the future, personally I would love to make a realistic SF shooter, Evil Nazi-like (aliens) invade you nation/Earth. Just replaying WW2 is a SF-look, so add a Staligrad like event, and a D-Day etc. But I mean disturbing realistic, so not just the happy thing about war, when a grenade explodes, you fell :) and drop your gun (Imaging DDay scene and you drop your gun...) Then things like enemies walk into school etc. And things that don;t are what they appear to be (that bunker happend to be hospital) that sort of stuff, also real interaction with AI like they want in Quake 4. In Q4, when you approche a friendly AI it will say something, eather usefull or not. Further fellow soldiers should be able to have emotions, they get scared, just lying on the ground crying or something, they should run away, getting shot in the back or going nuts, getting above the trench, yelling etc. (and dying then) So a game that not just makes you feel happy, but really let you play a war :) just an idea

#6 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 07 November 2005 - 11:59 AM

Anyway, that's a combination of a couple video games I'd like to see. I think it sounds cool, though. :p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Battlefront 2 does a lot of this. Not all, but quite a bit. you can either destroy the fleet from your fighters, or you can board and battle the enemy's Marines. :)

#7 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2005 - 12:37 PM

The market is desperately short of:
Tank simulators.

Armoured Fist 3 I believe was the last good one, but it's age really shows. You were only able to drive 1 tank (an Abrams, suprised?) and while it was 3D, exterior graphics ain't much to shout about by today's standards.

T72, the latest tank sim, has recently been released. While the graphics are certainly lush and it definatly plays like a sim with all the tank controls, it seems to inherit one of the major shortcommings of past titles, lack of drivable tanks. T72 only has 5 MBTs, 2 of which are non Russian and undrivable tanks.

What I'd really like to see in the near future is a new tank sim, with lush graphics like T72's, but has a wide variety of drivable tanks and not just focussing on vehicles from 1 country. But most important of all it must have excellent mod support for fans to create even more tanks for it.

#8 crave22

crave22

sup dawg

• Project Team
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 08:48 PM

@Comrade Jerkov
I have SW BF2, and I love it. But I mean more of a strategy type of thing where you command a battle group or something. Not something like SW BF2. I mean a cross between an RPG, RTS, FPS, and that kind of stuff.

Edited by crave22, 07 November 2005 - 08:48 PM.

Posted Image

#9 Daeda

Daeda

Piñata

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:CNC3.net News & Freedom Studios admin
  •  This text is actually purple

Posted 08 November 2005 - 01:42 PM

DX3, nuff said

#10 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 06:32 PM

After the way you utterly bashed DX2, I'm amazed you even want this.

That said, there is a group who are porting DX1 over to the UT2004 engine. That'll be worth a look. ;)

I want to see a remake of FF7 with FF8's graphics (including the summon graphics where appropriate). Not FF10's! FF8's, which are, no arguments please, the best graphics of an FF to date.

That said, I'd like to play Dirge of Cerberus...oh, and a fully finished KOTOR2, and KOTOR3 (I know Tom wants these too :))

#11 Daeda

Daeda

Piñata

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:CNC3.net News & Freedom Studios admin
  •  This text is actually purple

Posted 09 November 2005 - 11:51 AM

DX2 had some major flaws, So if I made DX3 i based it around most points in DX1.. and some DX2 stuff.. and new things offcource :ohmy:

#12 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts
  • Projects:War Games Moderator (UNSC), Dragon Slayers Moderator (Link)
  •  You want a piece of me boy?

Posted 10 November 2005 - 09:34 PM

Crave I like that free-form idea. I like when games are combined. Here's a thought for a variation on that:

You are some military guy. You can do whatever between missions, but fairly often you get recalled back to base on another mission. Do your missions well and you get promoted. Get up to colonel and you can order around a squad of marines or something. At this point, you can switch to an RTS-style view to move them or simply use something like the command system seen in several FPSs. Somewhere between that and general you can command a starship. Like you said, stay on the command deck or deal with boarders yourself and leave the ship to the first officer. At General, you can command an army RTS-style and switch between first-person and overhead or you can stay on the ship. At Admiral, you can command a fleet. However, these abilities only open up after you receive starship operation for getting a ship, army training for the General, etc.

Also, of course, you have a wide variety of personal weapons, tanks, mechs, fighters, and starships. Along your main idea, you can either use the mass-produced weapons and vehicles for each mission for free or buy your own set of vehicles and a starship once you have enough money so you can customize them.

Maybe this just means I like combinations too much, but I wouldn't mind seeing a hypbrid of Star Wars, Star Trek, Stargate, Starcraft, Halo, and Metroid.
Posted Image

#13 GiantTalos

GiantTalos
  • Members
  • 29 posts
  •  AoE Addict

Posted 11 November 2005 - 07:41 AM

What we need is a new type of game. I havent seen a new type of game for years now! I remember the old days, when games were being invented, instead of being remade like now. Age Of Empires 1 was a mega hit in its time because it was a unique type of game. Blacvk & White was a huge hit because it also was unique. Look at the games now: Fifa series have been the same for years now, and so are all other games.

#14 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 11:16 AM

That said, there's not really a lot you can do with the FIFA series. The rules of football remain static year on year. There's not really much you can do except update team rosters and the occasional shitty graphical or gameplay tweak.

RTS games have had a lot of their possibilities exhausted. Futuristic war, reliving real conflicts, historical battle and everything in between.

FPS games have had the same story as RTS. If I see another new WW2 shooter, I swear, heads are gonna fucking roll.

Racing games...there's been very few good ones since Wip3out. I don't like Gran Turismo, because it's too realistic. That's also why I hate WW2 or modern-day style shooters...they're too realistic. Give me arcadey or sci-fi explosion action any day. I don't want to die in one or two shots. I want to charge headlong into a guy wielding a Hyperblaster and pulverise him with a shotgun, carrying a flag that will respawn back at its owner's base when a friendly player walks over it.

The only new thing now is...*cringes* Nintendogs.

Edited by Comrade Jerkov, 11 November 2005 - 11:17 AM.

#15 Torn

Torn

Mmphumph!

• Hosted
  • 2,238 posts
  • Projects:Only War 2
  •  Mmmph mm mumph umph!

Posted 11 November 2005 - 07:25 PM

Pro Evo 5 > Fifa. You clearly arn't a fan of football games so don't try and judge them as having 'shitty gameplay tweaks'.

#16 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 12:21 AM

It's pretty hard to come up with a new style because almost everything fun has been done. Every camera viewpoint imaginable has been done, and now there are games that let you switch how teh controls work and almost completely change the gameplay as a result just so it suits you(no complaints). Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal lets you roam around adventure-style with a free-rotating camera and an auto-lock, or a third-person lock-strafe mode with manual aiming, or a full FPS mode. Spellforce combines RPG and RTS, just switch back and forth.

Seems like most types of genres come from Nintendo. Mario started the platformers. Zelda started the adventure thing, free-roaming, saved games, collectible items, etc. Even GTA came from that, since games before Zelda were straight linear and there was no room to explore and kill random enemies. Metroid might have spawned shooting games.
Posted Image

#17 Mormacil

Mormacil

Knüdel

• Project Team
  • 316 posts
  • Projects:Frontline, Elementis concept-artist

Posted 12 November 2005 - 12:29 AM

What we need is a new type of game. I havent seen a new type of game for years now! I remember the old days, when games were being invented, instead of being remade like now. Age Of Empires 1 was a mega hit in its time because it was a unique type of game. Blacvk & White was a huge hit because it also was unique. Look at the games now: Fifa series have been the same for years now, and so are all other games.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would like to see swomething like a fantasy BF2 game, maybe a bit like WoW 2, combine them ;) upgradable character in huge battlefields(sieges etc)

#18 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 12:35 AM

an MMO for WWII?
Posted Image

#19 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 11:41 AM

That'd be...weird, heh. Different, and probably a little daft.

Oh, Tornado, I know Pro Evo > FIFA. And indeed I'm not a fan of football or its games, but yearly updates do get tiresome, especially when they provide exactly the same thing but with slightly faster/slower gameplay, or just make it easier and easier to pwn everyone. Because that's all you get year on year.

Tell me, then, what exactly can you do OTHER than churning out yearly updates for football? If you mention FIFA Street, I swear I'll kill you. That game is probably worse than Hugo.

#20 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 03:21 PM

I kinda like the idea of an MMO FPS. WWII had some pretty big battles, so it would work.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users