#1 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 03 November 2005 - 09:27 PM

Explored in the film Battle Royale, 9th grade students are sent to a island and forced to kill each other or all die within 3 days.

So basically would kill your friends if you had been forced into you die or they die type scenario to and if so what would drive you?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Samael

Samael

Living life to the fullest

• Project Team
  • 1,477 posts
  • Projects:Living my Life the right way
  •  Baller

Posted 03 November 2005 - 09:34 PM

Well I wouldn't kill my friends in that situation but if he joined our enemy we are going to war with that might be a different thought. But I don't know all I know I just don't want that to happen. :cool:

#3 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 04 November 2005 - 03:22 PM

ROFL. Interesting one AG. It all depends if your value your life more than anyone elses. Maybe so, it depends how you feel about the situation. Here i could say, no i wouldn't kill anyone, i'd rather die and forget it, but on the island, survival could easily kick in and it could more of a reality.

#4 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts
  • Projects:Making a master plan to destroy the consumerist society.
  •  Revora's Local Forum Whore

Posted 04 November 2005 - 04:45 PM

"How much blood would you shed to stay alive??" -Jigsaw
It's amazing how far people will go to save themselves, even to take an innocent live... someone ever seen Saw 1?

Here i could say, no i wouldn't kill anyone, i'd rather die and forget it, but on the island, survival could easily kick in and it could more of a reality.

That's very honorable to say. But by any means it sounds like you are very ungrateful for life, your blessings to be in life the way you are now...

I would probably try to kill them all. Hell yes. I am grateful for life and in that situation I would. It's not like I'm going to rely on someone else for mercy. You can't trust a person that much.

Edited by Holly-gan, 04 November 2005 - 05:53 PM.

Lurking moar since 2004 2003!

#5 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 04 November 2005 - 05:37 PM

LOL, its not about being grateful for life, what right do you have to suggest your life is worth anything more than others. Either its murder or to be ungrateful? The logic is flawed :p

#6 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 04 November 2005 - 05:41 PM

If they were my close friends, then I'd commit suicide first.

If they were just random acquaintances, I wouldn't kill, but I wouldn't top myself.

#7 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 06:06 PM

@Tom: It is being ungrateful for your own life if you aren't willing to fight for it, imo. Atleast grant yourself the chance to survive it?

@Ash: Suicide is just stupid, because then obviously you don't take any value for your life and well then you could just kill yourself now lol. Considering you play Unreal Tournament I hoped a bit better theory..

--
I'm probably wrong but I'm trying to point out something here..

#8 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 04 November 2005 - 06:14 PM

@Tom: It is being ungrateful for your own life if you aren't willing to fight for it, imo. Atleast grant yourself the chance to survive it?

Robin, you read my point wrong mate. I said its not really logical. Its more of a balance. Is your survival worth more than the murder of someone elses life? Its a balance, a life for a life again. If someone is going to die, would you rather it be you or your friend. I'm entirely unsure, but its likely i'd remove myself.

The value is balanced. To look at your life as if it was worth more then your being more selfcentered than nessecary.

#9 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 06:18 PM

Hmm. Yeh I see your point there.

@AG. Could you please give more details over this island? And what will happen if you don't start killing eachother? (other then getting killed as punishment, how will ye get killed?)

#10 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 04 November 2005 - 06:19 PM

He said everyone will die within 3 days if they don't kill each other.

Thing is there is no right or wrong, its just a philosophical idea.

#11 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 06:21 PM

He said everyone will die within 3 days if they don't kill each other.

Thing is there is no right or wrong, its just a philosophical idea.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But how will you die? Can't you instead of turning onto eachother ally with eachother and fight those who put you there? Fake the killing of your friends (scene it and promise you'll get back or something like that..)?

Edited by Holly-gan, 04 November 2005 - 06:23 PM.

#12 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 04 November 2005 - 06:30 PM

Just imagine it was a scenario like in a game. If you don't kill the others you automatically die :p

#13 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 04 November 2005 - 06:49 PM

I'll let "Big Sister" explain your situation ...

You are on a deserted island that looks like this! It's about 10 kilometers around but we evacuated everyone, so it's empty!

Posted Image

The island's divided into many zones. Every six hours, your teacher'll broadcast updates about which zones are becoming danger zones.

Posted Image

OK, about the necklaces you're wearing.

Posted Image

They're 100% waterproof and shockproof...and permanent. It monitors your pulse, informing us of your location and movements. So if you linger in a danger zone, or cause trouble, we can identify you and transmit radio waves that trigger an alarm and boom! It explodes! If you try to rip it off, it explodes too, so promise not to do that, okay?

Oh, I forgot one important thing. There's a time limit on this game! 3 days. If we haven't got a winner after 3 days...all the necklaces automatically explode! And no-one wins. As long as we're here, let's fight hard so that doesn't happen!

You'll leave the room one by one, but first you get a kit. Inside is food and water, a map and a compass, a flashlight and a weapon. So check it out later, OK? The girls might need personal items so you can all take them.

Each weapon is different. Not just guns and knives, either. It's random, so maybe you'll get lucky, maybe not. It eliminates natural advantages. ::gasp:: this one's super lucky!

Posted Image

Edited by Allied General, 04 November 2005 - 06:50 PM.

Posted Image

#14 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 04 November 2005 - 06:55 PM

@Ash: Suicide is just stupid, because then obviously you don't take any value for your life and well then you could just kill yourself now lol. Considering you play Unreal Tournament I hoped a bit better theory..

--

I don't disagree. I don't like the idea of suicide. I just value other people's lives more favorably than my own. What gives me the right to live over my closest friend?

Wtf does Unreal Tournament have to do with anything? I believe life-sentence convicts should be put into a deathmatch, and the winner's reward is to fight the next wave of convicts, but I certainly am not going to go out of my way to kill my friends. I do value my life, but just don't feel it morally correct to kill those I'm close to. Therefore I'd give the rules of the game the finger and go out MY way. Not theirs.

At least that way I've won a moral victory. So what if I'm dead? I'm not gonna fucking care, am I?

#15 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 04 November 2005 - 07:04 PM

--

I don't disagree. I don't like the idea of suicide. I just value other people's lives more favorably than my own. What gives me the right to live over my closest friend?

Wtf does Unreal Tournament have to do with anything? I believe life-sentence convicts should be put into a deathmatch, and the winner's reward is to fight the next wave of convicts, but I certainly am not going to go out of my way to kill my friends. I do value my life, but just don't feel it morally correct to kill those I'm close to. Therefore I'd give the rules of the game the finger and go out MY way. Not theirs.

At least that way I've won a moral victory. So what if I'm dead? I'm not gonna fucking care, am I?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:p the easy way out, you can say that as your friend, frantically stabs you in the heart

Edited by Allied General, 04 November 2005 - 07:04 PM.

Posted Image

#16 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 04 November 2005 - 07:22 PM

AG how many close friends do you have then? Or family, would you kill your brother or sister?

EDIT I wouldn't play this game anyway. Well the pictures and your explanation made it sound like a gameshow. Even if you could win a million dollars, I wouldn't risk my life or the life of my close friends.

EDIT 2 What kind of films do you watch :p

Edited by Blaat85, 04 November 2005 - 07:25 PM.

#17 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 07:25 PM

And what has that question got to do with anything?
Blaat, the scenario puts you into this game. By FORCE. There is no choice.

#18 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 04 November 2005 - 07:48 PM

Exactly its not a choice, the class is chosen by a random lottery.

I think you got confused when you read Unreal Tournament and convicts.

These are normal ppl forced into this event.

The BR Act is a result of adult fear, 15% of population is unemployed and kids bunk off school.

Also teacher physical violence is norm.

Its the ultimate lesson to a rebellious youth.

Edited by Allied General, 04 November 2005 - 07:52 PM.

Posted Image

#19 AdmiralGT

AdmiralGT

title available

• Members
  • 1,702 posts
  • Projects:Petrolution

Posted 04 November 2005 - 08:20 PM

I'd like to think that I would not be able to kill my friends, and I don't want to, but we all know the human body reacts differently when placed in danger to our life or somebody else's that we care for. And I don't think anyone of us is capable of saying what they would do when faced with imminent death. It's not one of those situations you can mentally place yourself in, you subconscious mind will fight for your survival, even if your conscious mind doesn't. It's just a case of whether you are mentally strong enough to prevent it taking over.

Edited by AdmiralGT, 04 November 2005 - 08:21 PM.

#20 Silent_Killa

Silent_Killa

Village Idiot

• Project Team
  • 790 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 08:25 PM

hmmm... my best friend? no... I'm more with Jerkov here, I wouldn't trust myself when the adrenaline kicked in so I'd just end it.

course, I can say quite honestly that they wouldn't be able to get me into this game alive :p
My political compass
Economic Left/Right: 6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64

"Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility." -Sigmund Freud
"Laws: We know what they are, and what they are worth! They are spider webs for the rich and mighty, steel chains for the poor and weak, fishing nets in the hands of the government." -Pierre Joseph Proudhon
"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm." -George Orwell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users