#21 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 04 November 2005 - 08:31 PM

Dude, how is it an easy way out? It's a moral victory. I didn't die the way the gameshow hosts wanted me to die. I said 'fuck you' and broke their rules.

#22 Samael

Samael

Living life to the fullest

• Project Team
  • 1,477 posts
  • Projects:Living my Life the right way
  •  Baller

Posted 04 November 2005 - 08:43 PM

Excatly but if they were going to kill you if you don't kill your friends then I just say "FUCK YOU, kill me and let my friends live".

Another idea what if they leave you on the island and they don't kill you and you did not kill your friends. Would you kill your friends for food if the food supply on the island runs out, I know it is a sick thought but does make you think. All I know I don't want that to happen to me.

#23 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 04 November 2005 - 09:28 PM

they want you to die, in fact the best option is head collar exploding for them, less youth to worry about :lol:

also in the film two kids survive instead of 1, so instead of thinking about how to die, why don't u think about staying alive and finding a way to deactive the collar or whatever.

u just have to worry about hooligan type ppl :p

Edited by Allied General, 04 November 2005 - 09:30 PM.

Posted Image

#24 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts
  • Projects:Making a master plan to destroy the consumerist society.
  •  Revora's Local Forum Whore

Posted 04 November 2005 - 11:42 PM

:lol:
Edit: sorry that was a bit to spammy comment.

I do agree with GT.. you can't really estimate how you will react when your life is in danger, but I guess I would kill if that is required of me, yeh. It either them or me heh. :p

Edited by Holly-gan, 04 November 2005 - 11:50 PM.

Lurking moar since 2004 2003!

#25 Lord Of Gifts

Lord Of Gifts

I'm not corrupt, I'm morally flexible.

• Hosted
  • 889 posts
  • Projects:Battle for the Galaxy, EaWZone, Spy Mod
  •  Ph34r the blue text!
  • Division:EaWZone
  • Job:Webmaster and Modding Community Leader

Posted 04 November 2005 - 11:59 PM

Yes, I would kill my friends if put into this situation. I wouldn't like it, but I'd rather it be them than me.

#26 Drewry

Drewry

title available

• Project Team
  • 258 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 03:03 AM

No one has to die.

Not just guns and knives, either. It's random, so maybe you'll get lucky, maybe not. It eliminates natural advantages. ::gasp:: this one's super lucky!

Since you are all friends you would not be vastly aggressive from the get go. Bring a commune together and see who has what weapons and get the collars of that way, assuming the material was weak enough or you have weapons strong enough. Also you all have 3 days so that should be enough time to study these devices and see how they work. Knowing enough about the world we do now we can effectively disarm these devices using natural phenomena. Example, it is water resistant, but it does use circuits. Create a magnet and mess up the circuits.

Edited by Drewry, 05 November 2005 - 03:08 AM.

Drewry H. Morris V - Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
www.druvianism.org

#27 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts
  • Projects:Making a master plan to destroy the consumerist society.
  •  Revora's Local Forum Whore

Posted 05 November 2005 - 09:18 AM

Create a magnet out of what? Heh. Its the purpose of being a blood sport, I don't think this is a way out. Because if ye start fiddling with it ye go BOOM.. You are going to die if you don't keep up to their rules. Its either kill, get killed, or suicide.

Lurking moar since 2004 2003!

#28 AdmiralGT

AdmiralGT

title available

• Members
  • 1,702 posts
  • Projects:Petrolution

Posted 05 November 2005 - 09:28 AM

The Compass? It would be the worst magnet in the world and probably do very little, but it might work.

But even if you do try and disarm the devices, how do you get off the island? And people will still get agitated and try to kill the others. How do you think straight if you know someone is chasing after you to kill someone? How do you tell someone you know how to disarm the device without them killing you for thinking it's a trick? You not only have to contend with your body's own reaction to death, but to other people's, and you can't control how they will react.

#29 Drewry

Drewry

title available

• Project Team
  • 258 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 10:11 AM

How do you tell someone you know how to disarm the device without them killing you for thinking it's a trick?

Not sure how many close friends you have but I would trust my close friends with my life, so yea I think it could work.

Create a magnet out of what?

Admiral GT understood where I meant the source to be. And yes a magnet would work, its risky but its better than killing all your friends no?

how do you get off the island?

How does anyone get off a stranded island? Start building a raft, with the threat of dying in 3 days surpassed, and still having your food and supplies you should have plenty of resources to escape the island. Your sense of direction being exhausted from the compass, however magnetism is not our only source for direction, we have several other ways we can tell which way is which. Like the sun, or astronomy big dipper etc.
Drewry H. Morris V - Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
www.druvianism.org

#30 AdmiralGT

AdmiralGT

title available

• Members
  • 1,702 posts
  • Projects:Petrolution

Posted 05 November 2005 - 10:38 AM

Not sure how many close friends you have but I would trust my close friends with my life, so yea I think it could work.

How do you know your friend is capable of making an informed decision. Your friend will no doubt be tired, hungry and in fear of his or her life. Your also both carrying weapons of some kind which can kill the other. When your friend is pointing a gun at your head, I'm not sure how receptable your friend will be to discussion, merely on the fact you might know how to remove the collar.

Admiral GT understood where I meant the source to be.  And yes a magnet would work, its risky but its better than killing all your friends no?

Except the compass will have such a small magnetic field it won't actually effect anything. If it did, nothing electronic would ever work.

How does anyone get off a stranded island?  Start building a raft, with the threat of dying in 3 days surpassed, and still having your food and supplies you should have plenty of resources to escape the island.  Your sense of direction being exhausted from the compass, however magnetism is not our only source for direction, we have several other ways we can tell which way is which.  Like the sun, or astronomy big dipper etc.

I highly doubt they'll give you an excess of three days food and water (they expect you to die afterall). And it's all well and good having a sense of direction, except you have no idea where the nearest land is. Which direction do you sail in?

#31 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 05 November 2005 - 02:51 PM

I highly doubt they'll give you an excess of three days food and water (they expect you to die afterall). And it's all well and good having a sense of direction, except you have no idea where the nearest land is. Which direction do you sail in?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed just a two sticks of bread and some water, however the island was inhabited but evacuated so you might find some old rice or medicine but it survival of the fittest.

However some guys did make some explosive from fertilser and sulphur and shit like that but crazy student killed them, before they got a chance to blow up the school (the location of the army and organisers)

I think the island has a clinic, shrine, warehouse and lighthouse.

Also note that in your supplies you might get some ammo too.

2 people survived cos this guy called Kawada a "winner" from the last game had hacked the system some time after his victory and thus learnt how to trick the system and thus disarm the explosive collars.

The lucky people that survived were basically a couple cos in the last event, his close friend called Keiko died and thus he wanted revenge on the system.

Oh they escape by leaving on a boat (left for the "teacher" to leave on and the guy who saved them dies from bullet wounds) however if u leave before the game ends then gunboats will get you or explosive collars (note the collars have mircophones so they know what u r saying)

Personally I would be most afraid of the social rejects who were mistreated in life like fat people and geeks.

Oh and for the Hooligan, Lord of Gifts people here's the equipment you might get ...

Crossbow
Posted Image

Hand Axe
Posted Image

Bullet Proof Vest
Posted Image

Tracking Device
Posted Image

Potassium Cyanide
Posted Image

You also get a variety of pistols from 9mm, .45 colt to classic revolvers, baseball bats, a pot lid!, binoculars, plastic hammer, boxing gloves, stun gun, megaphone or if you very lucky a SPAS 12, 9mm Uzi, pick axe, swords and my personal favourite coat hanger :blink:

Edited by Allied General, 05 November 2005 - 03:08 PM.

Posted Image

#32 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts
  •  Ex Cameo Maker and Modder

Posted 05 November 2005 - 04:19 PM

I would never intentionally go out an kill someone, maybe to cause them extream pain for a short while :) But i wouldn't kill my friend...

Hmm maybe if someone was trying to kill me :D
Posted Image

#33 Linkal

Linkal

Project Oblivion PR

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Projects:Project Oblivion

Posted 05 November 2005 - 06:46 PM

We should all know that humans will do just about ANYTHING to survive. This question is like asking, "If someone put a gun to your head, put a gun in your hand and told you to shoot someone, would you?"
Many people say, "Nope." but the truth of the matter is, you probably would. Would you die for something that you could have easily done? I'm not saying it's morally right, but personally, I'd like to end up the surviver at the end.

#34 Carnivean

Carnivean

Suiseiseki

• Project Team
  • 829 posts
  •  A guy who does a thing.

Posted 05 November 2005 - 06:49 PM

Depending on the people who would be there in question, I would most likely kill to stay alive. Simple as.

Posted Image Posted Image

Love Me.

#35 Linkal

Linkal

Project Oblivion PR

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 07:18 PM

Depending on the people who would be there in question, I would most likely kill to stay alive. Simple as.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It would depend on the type of death. Starvation, dying of thirst, etc...all the deaths that include suffering, you would probably care less about who you killed because you wouldn't be in your right mind. But if you were killed by someone shooting you...you may let yourself die for someone you truly loved. But this you would die for nothing. It's a paradox...if you let them kill you in attempt to save someone else, that person dies anyway, thus you die for nothing. But if you killed them, at least YOU could survive, instead of everyone dying.

#36 Carnivean

Carnivean

Suiseiseki

• Project Team
  • 829 posts
  •  A guy who does a thing.

Posted 05 November 2005 - 07:40 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It would depend on the type of death. Starvation, dying of thirst, etc...all the deaths that include suffering, you would probably care less about who you killed because you wouldn't be in your right mind. But if you were killed by someone shooting you...you may let yourself die for someone you truly loved. But this you would die for nothing. It's a paradox...if you let them kill you in attempt to save someone else, that person dies anyway, thus you die for nothing. But if you killed them, at least YOU could survive, instead of everyone dying.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In that situation I'd probably attempt to channel myself into everything horrible that's happened to me - the only way to survive would be to not be of your normal mind set, and even if you can save a life temporarily the person you save will either die or have to kill to manage to have a life after it all. Therefore going through all the trauma of the decisions you yourself would have to go through.

Posted Image Posted Image

Love Me.

#37 Linkal

Linkal

Project Oblivion PR

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 07:52 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In that situation I'd probably attempt to channel myself into everything horrible that's happened to me - the only way to survive would be to not be of your normal mind set, and even if you can save a life temporarily the person you save will either die or have to kill to manage to have a life after it all. Therefore going through all the trauma of the decisions you yourself would have to go through.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That' what I said :) Execpt, yes, there would be a lot of trauma, surviver's guilt, etc...but in the long run, isn't it better to live? You, then, probably wouldn't be thinking logically, and saving someone would NOT come to mind, knowing that you are in extreme danger. As I stated before, when faced with a situation such as this, you will go into "surviver mode", and will attempt any means of survivial.

#38 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 05 November 2005 - 09:56 PM

well also depends on blatant luck too or if say your best friend died and told u he liked someone and that person was there, you would protect them if you still have a heart and just hope that someone can disarm the bomb collar or u find a way to escape.

Its about who u can trust which is no one as the film says but u may need to trust to get through.

2 people survive cos a former "winner" wants revenge for his best friend which loved him died some years ago on the game and thus he hacked the system and join the game to fuck up the system.

However paranoia and crazies i.e. hooligan (watchs him :)) would mess it up.

Edited by Allied General, 05 November 2005 - 10:00 PM.

Posted Image

#39 Linkal

Linkal

Project Oblivion PR

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 10:17 PM

So, a rebellion by a small, starving squad, against an enemy army? I think that will turn out well.

#40 Silent_Killa

Silent_Killa

Village Idiot

• Project Team
  • 790 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 06:20 AM

Well, now that you mention that this school exists, I wouldn't kill myself, I'd make them kill me and take as many of them with me as possible.
My political compass
Economic Left/Right: 6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64

"Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility." -Sigmund Freud
"Laws: We know what they are, and what they are worth! They are spider webs for the rich and mighty, steel chains for the poor and weak, fishing nets in the hands of the government." -Pierre Joseph Proudhon
"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm." -George Orwell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users