55 replies to this topic

#21 Shuya-Lee

Shuya-Lee
  • Members
  • 202 posts
  • Projects:Documentry on Emo

Posted 05 December 2005 - 12:17 AM

I'm sorry I deleted your post by mistake. :p

~Hostile I'm very sorry it was a wrong button push thing.

#22 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 05 December 2005 - 01:23 AM

i dont reall think its us to blame, if it was my choice i would not supply the al quida (spelling mistake, dont care) with weapons. thats just stupid american government thinking "i know how to solve things, lets blow it up ehehehe" .....idiots.

I see no proof of "blowing things up" as a policy of the US, it must have mistaken the actions as "correcting" the world situation.

im not saying americans are idiots, im saying the government is. how the hell does war solve problems :\ honestly. all it ever did in the past is win power/land/money never EVER made peace. look at how people from england treat the germans. the biggest world cup match in the world is the England v Germany, because we STILL hold a grudge against them for WWI and WWII. What is the bloody point in that? it was at least  60 years ago :\ and the Germans did not have a bloody choice!!

Is the US gorvernment really idiots? Or are they making sure the world situation is not made up of tyrants and communists. You can get as mad as you want at the US for not agreeing with your idealogy but tough times call for tough measures.

American Government is doing what hilter was doing by tryin to turn the world into what they want. but this time they want everyone to be a democracy.

Yes I agree, it's called forcing the issue, while Hitler forced the issue we are also, along with EVERY other country in the world on how they think it should be run. There is a huge difference in the outcome though. If you won't admit that, than you're wrong.

Are we born evil? Some are due to brain not firing on all pistons, but I think most are sheep lead to the slaughter. And I will not be one lead to the slaughter...

#23 Az3r^

Az3r^

Resident Fan Boy/Tester

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Nothing Atm .
  •  Oldbie Slacker since August 03

Posted 05 December 2005 - 01:48 PM

Evil?  Hell yeah you can be born evil... insanity, sociopathy, call it what you want, but bottome line is it is evil, and some people are just born that way... but, like a lot of people have said here, evil is a human concept, it doesn't exist, nothing more than an idea we thought up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

insanity isnt evil, Insanity comes from a bad history of maybe child abuse, or drug abuse no one is born "insane" or evil is just something people look at witch is a offset of Wrong.

im currently reading a book by Paul Brittion, called Picking up the pieces, its a factual book based on his case experiences through his proffesional career, hes a forensic Physcologist, hes worked with serial killers, abusive parents and untold bad behaving children.

there is always a part of the human brain that needs to be unlocked to gain the answers you need,
and to agree with you at the end, it is a human concept, it doesnt exsist but insanity is not Evil.
Quotes :
Paradox @ Ali - "And what the fuck would you know? Ever been? Oh no, sorry, your map says 'HERE BE DRAGONS' anywhere outside of your rock"

#24 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts
  • Projects:Making a master plan to destroy the consumerist society.
  •  Revora's Local Forum Whore

Posted 05 December 2005 - 02:20 PM

Is the US gorvernment really idiots? Or are they making sure the world situation is not made up of tyrants and communists. You can get as mad as you want at the US for not agreeing with your idealogy but tough times call for tough measures.

Hmmm US is taking away tyrants and evil communists?
Possibly, or only those that have too much control over them.

Equatorial Guinea for one doesn't pose a threat to America like Saddam "did".
In Equatorial Guinea a true democracy does not exist, with its transperant elections there. He got 97% of all the votes, want to know why?? Because he has an iron grip on his population through fear, torturing anyone who opposes him. He keeps his country in poverty while he and his family are shipping away millions to bank accounts.

Yet our 'great democracy-enforcing America' doesn't mind that, Equatorial Guinea has a lot of black gold (thats oil heh) for America.
Now while the US is paypalling President Obiang and his family, the entire country is still poor.
The oil money could have been put into the country, but no... who cares about the people? Their own dictator president doesn't...
The democracy-enforcing USA doesn't even give a shit, they're getting their oil from President Obiang.

If you don't believe me, look it up.
Here a few quick links
Here's a link
CIA

Edited by Holly-gan, 05 December 2005 - 02:21 PM.

Lurking moar since 2004 2003!

#25 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 05 December 2005 - 02:39 PM

Azer is quite right, however there are other known problems too such as "multi-personality disorder." It is said its possible to "compartmentalise" the mind and call upon certain compartments by making them respond to different triggers. Each compartment doesn't realised the others exist. In one you can be "yourself" and in the other you can be a psychotic maniac. Basically this is true because its found amongst many.

The brain automatically does this for truamatic experiences. This explains why so many people cannot remember a car crash or other trumatic events simply because the brain "isolates" it into a compartment and protects you from remembering that event and allowing it to haunt you for your life.

It is found many children who are raped or even went through a bad childhood usually become "automatically" compartmentalised.

This is where you get mind controlled assassins from etc. This can also happen typically in society but is a technique many believers of the new world order believe is used within the new world order. Who knows the truth.

If this is the truth, evil cannot exist entirely.

As for what hostile said, you cannot get peace by having a war. To have peace you must be peaceful. Otherwise george orwell comes to mind, War = Peace.

You can get as mad as you want at the US for not agreeing with your idealogy but tough times call for tough measures.

Who made the tough times Hostile? If you don't know the 100% certain answer to that you can't really suggest what you just did. It simply is a contradiction. Your view is in line with the US's and his views are not, so how can you be so sure your right and hes wrong. Views are views. There is no right or wrong.

#26 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 10:09 PM

Bump. Could someone give a response to post 25? Or latter lol.

#27 Guest_Drewry (on a public computer)_*

Guest_Drewry (on a public computer)_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2005 - 04:54 PM

The whole concept of morality and good/evil is a thought that has been a plague to my mind for some time. I try to use logic in my understanding, and by this I end up with seemingly impossible results. I will take you through my thought train...

Morality, a very hard concept to grasp. The whole of good and evil, what is it? How can we define it. First we must define desire. My definition of desire can be based on 3 things - love, power, honor. I believe evil to be anything that deprives those three things to another human being. You may argue with this at first, but the more you think about it the more you will realize it is true. A quick example, someone locks up somebody in a basement depriving them of the power to eat.

That is a very broad definition, but I believe it can sum up all we can view as evil. Now here in lies the problem that evil is not the same everywhere. This makes me believe that morality is something that is taught to humans, we only can conceive this possiblity of good and evil because of what we are taught. But how did we ever come up with that idea, I believe it to be the original sin of humanity - the day we started eating from the tree of knowlege. Without this concept of morality, we are simply animals fighting over the things we need to survive. I take this opportunity to recall my favourite scenario describing morality. If a lion is killing a gazzelle, is the lion evil? By the definition he is evil, he is depriving that animal the power to live. But the gazzelle is certainly evil for depriving the lion the power to eat by running. So by my definition they are both evil, but if they are both evil then none are evil. If everyone was evil then the concept itself would not exist. Is a poor man who steals from a baker evil for depriving the baker the power to earn the money he needs to buy things for himself. Perhaps a woman is evil for killing a man who stole her baby - by killing him she is depriving him the power to live. When is it ever right to killl someone? As anybody killing someone is evil by this defintion, so how could it ever be right to take someone's life away?

Like I said, I try to use logic, but through all of this I end up with apparent contradictions. Now let us bring god into all of this. If morality really does not exist, and it is something we just made up, then surely there is no god. If there is no morality, then there is no need for a god to judge whether we are good or not. There is no polarity to our actions. But then comes the giant contradiction to atheism. If there is no god, then what is the purpose of the universe. Atheism relies on science to bring in that purpose, because without science an atheist belief is really empty. However, science doesnt cover it, science only explains how something works, but not why. If you ask why, you will only get so far in science, until you have to say that it just works that way. My teachers hate me with passion, because I ask why? They say my questions are irrelevant, but what could be more relevant? Asking why something works is a more important question than how it works. Why do objects obey the laws of physics, why do electrons, protons and such form together in the way they do. What are they trying to accomplish. The more we know the more we know how much we dont know. The more we look at the universe the more we see that everything is just working - as it would seem - on its entire own. So how then could there be no god if there is apparently no explanation to this why question. Obviously there is something more than we can see that is controlling everything. If not, then there is no purpose to anything, and I should just kill myself right now because whatever I do on this earth wont matter because nothing really matters its all just so empty.

I know eventually we will know why, but the modern answers to the old why's are just more questions that end up with more why's. Thus the proof that the more we know the more we know how much we dont know. One day we will discover some law explaining something, but why does it follow that law? What makes it that way, and saying 'it just does' is not an explanation, its a way of saying you have no idea.

I could talk for a lifetime about this and still never have my answers, I dont think we will know until we die. We will look back on our little stop on earth as an adventure, and how ignorant we were and how caught up we were in irrelevant things. How most of us live our lives fearing death, just because there is uncertainty. I dont fear death, I fear not dying. Surely surviving a terrible accident having to live your whole life with severe problems or something like that, would be far worse than just dying. Most of us would rather have a bullet to the brain than death by having our limbs pulled apart very slowly like a medieval torture machine.

I think this world needs more open minded people, the majority only look at what is directly in front of their face. The masses cannot see the greater meaning, thus the reason the mass effectiveness of the ignorance pyramid and thus the reason half of you are thinking I am full of bullshit and scoff at the very possiblity of a 'greater meaning'.

#28 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 21 December 2005 - 09:57 AM

Im evil *laughs*menacingly*; look at my avatar. *laughs*again*

I do agree evil is a human concept for we are surely the only things that make horror films. If we want to see 'evil' doing what we think 'evil' does, thats surely wanting to be evil.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#29 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts
  • Projects:War Games Moderator (UNSC), Dragon Slayers Moderator (Link)
  •  You want a piece of me boy?

Posted 25 December 2005 - 11:02 PM

It's hard to say what's considered evil. I agree with Drewry that the defenition of evil is to deprive someone of power, honor, or love.

However, if some guy steals from a shopkeeper, the theif is definetly the evil one. The shopkeeper is not depriving him of anything by not giving him money because he is not taking anything from him; the thief would have no less after the shopkeeper refuses to give him anything than he did before. Especially since the thief would probably need a gun to do it, but the money he spent on the gun could have been spent on setting himself up to get a job and earn money fairly. In addition, an endless life of crime leads to all of his children, if any, to follow suit. End result: He and the rest of his family would lead a completely meaningless life.

About the kill someone for stealing your baby issue, every evil deserves a punishment, otherwise they just keep doing it. The man stealing the baby (note: this only applies if the man is the psycho and the baby would very obviously be better of with its mother) needs to be punished, otherwise he is not only stealing from the mother, he is also taking a decent life from the baby. In this case, the mother has every right to shoot the guy.

Self defense: Again, it's either kill the guy before he kills you or let him get away with killing lots of people. In a way, the victim is slightly evil for not doing anything about it because they are indirectly depriving some number of other people of the power to live. It doesn't have to be direct, like distracting him and taking the gun, letting him get away then helping the police track him down works too.

The only problem is determining when you punish them too much. I think whatever they did should be done right back to them in most cases.

Animal issue: I don't really know how to tell when killing an animal is evil. Killing any intelligent creature (unless it's self defense) is evil.

The lion chasing the rabbit is following natural instincts and has no sense of good or evil. This is how nature works. However, the rabbit is not evil for running away because his goal is self preservation, and if the lion misses this chance he can always go find something else to hunt.

About that Matrix quote, there are two big things that set us apart from viruses: Intelligence and diversity. Every single virus (of one type) is identical, and they all have the same goal: Kill as much of the organism as possible while making more of themselves. None of them have a single thought about it, they are not aware of anything around them, they are just programmed from birth to reproduce by killing a cell. I would hardly even consider calling them living organisms because of how they do everything machinelike. They are not good or evil. Some are helpful because they destroy the bacteria that act similarly, but others are not.

In contrast, some humans are destructive, but others support sparing the enviornment. While we certainly could use some of it, we don't need all of it. Some greedy corporations are destroying it for personal profit, but not everyone is doing that. So you cannot call humanity evil based on that because that is raceism.
Posted Image

#30 LeninT34

LeninT34
  • New Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 11:59 PM

Lets think about 9/11...if bush says al queda is part of an ''axis of evil'' because of their hostilities to the west,and al queda calls the west evil for theiractions against the middle east,who is right?
Personaly i dont think there is a such think as evil sence evil is merely a point of view.
Its 1 side vs. another. People have different view of morality thusly have different views of whats evil in this world.

#31 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts
  • Projects:War Games Moderator (UNSC), Dragon Slayers Moderator (Link)
  •  You want a piece of me boy?

Posted 05 February 2006 - 12:28 AM

Problem with the Al Queda is they seem to want to kill us for no apparant reason. We didn't do anything bad enough to retalliate with a plane in a building until after they started attacking us. So I think the Al Queda are evil.

But yes, that is still just a point of view.

Edited by link.the.first, 05 February 2006 - 12:28 AM.

Posted Image

#32 crave22

crave22

sup dawg

• Project Team
  • 4,295 posts
  • Projects:Feeding Myself to a Koala
  •  Retired RPG Guild Staff

Posted 05 February 2006 - 12:33 AM

There is no good. There is no evil. Only gray.

^My POV.
Posted Image

#33 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 05 February 2006 - 12:38 AM

I've still seen no credible evidence to prove al qaeda exists. Did we ever hear the word "al-qaeda" before 9/11. 9/11 itself is still questionable. Osama bin laden was a CIA asset and trained by the CIA long before. In all the videos we have seen there is actually not a certainity that its osama bin laden.

Take a look yourself. How many bin ladens are there. Here is 2.
Posted Image

#34 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 05 February 2006 - 01:06 AM

They exist AFAIK... Bit like JI in indonesia though, attacking their government since the 70's. Then 9/11, and we're told they're attacking Australia. Australia hadn't heard of them before 9/11, and JI haven't acknowledged anything about attacking Australia, they just continue to blow things up in Bali (which isn't Australia). What they do and how we're told to interpret what they do are very different things. Terrism is a multi-billion dollar industry, it sells media, films, books, buys elections... IMO, that's evil.
Either way, war doesn't prove who's right, only who's left.

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#35 LeninT34

LeninT34
  • New Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 02:31 AM

In terms of morality,Im just going to leave history our of it.

Edited by LeninT34, 05 February 2006 - 02:32 AM.

#36 DaEm0NuL

DaEm0NuL

Gameing my life to the end of it

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 06:59 AM

People aren`t evil by nature, the thnigs they do and the way the grow up makes them evil. God made us all equal.

#37 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 12:26 PM

Hmm what about the people with down syndrome and all then, obviously your god didn't make them equal...

#38 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 05 February 2006 - 12:31 PM

That was offtopic, but still...he's got you there.

#39 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 05 February 2006 - 12:31 PM

They are equal in the sense they are spiritual equal. The physical side is the illusion.

#40 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 05 February 2006 - 12:34 PM

How cna you say that? Equality means everyone gets more or less the same. Down's kids or autistics sure as hell don't have a fair crack of the whip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users