#1 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 14 November 2005 - 12:59 AM

I think the topic title/description says enough.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2005 - 05:02 PM

The mod is amazing graphically and in terms of gameplay! The onyl comment so far is Arwen, who is MUCH too strong for her cost. When mounted she can destroy most battalions very easily even at Level 1. One hit killing units and the only glitch found so far is the orchard which can move about during construction.

Ecthelion

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2005 - 08:26 PM

just by looking at the screenshots, it looks great, but the elven castle base doesnt look great, compared with the ones in the elvenstar mod, and will the glorfindel skin be changed to match the renders from bfme2??

#4 arz

arz
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 09:41 PM

Great Absolutly great is the only way to describe it. I coundnt find any bugs glitches and the like, exept the ones mentioned. Balance was perfect I could kill the orcs and they could kill me. Most the time tough they where killing me :p . Waybeter than anyother betas. No stretchy legs when the elves fell off there horse LOL. Great work Celeglin :p
"After all, how can a mere dragon expect to tell a man like yourself what to do? In fact, everyone should stand in awe of your brilliance of finding the only dead end."
- Saphira

Posted Image

#5 Legs

Legs

Shipwright of The Teleri

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 11:17 AM

i got no bad critique only good for the elves atleast!!!! they rock!!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Utúlie'n Aurë! Aiya Eldalië Ar Atanatarni, Utúlie'n Aurë!

#6 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 12:02 PM

and will the glorfindel skin be changed to match the renders from bfme2??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It most certainly will not. I'm not trying to make this mod exactly like BfME II (what would be the point in that). And besides, EA did Glorfindel incorrectly; he's supposed to have gold hair, not white. I also dislike the armour they gave him.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2005 - 12:53 PM

After getting winRAR etc all taken care of I got a game in: I was elves versing isen and mordor in a free for all in the eaves of fangorn.

Firstly I must say great job, this mod is very good so far, though there are a few things to note:

1. I feel the scouts need a formation, maybe 'ambush' that can only be activated when in trees that gives them extra attack etc.

2. the 'tg' spearmen don't really do much damage at all to buildings even with forged blades and banner U's.

3. Forged blades' blue light doesn't actually allign with the blade itself; it's like a floating glow.

4. Since the scouts are from mirkwood maybe give them an arrow upgrade that is not fire, which is more suitable for the 'war equipped' haldirs elves, maybe give them arrows that give more of a bonus against units than buildings.

5. It sais Glorfindal gets his 'lightning' like ability on rank 8 when actually he gets it at rank 9; just a typo I assume :lol:.

6. the time for arwens water horse majiggy attack is too long seeing as it only propels a short distance in front of her (enemies would have a lot of time to simply move out of the way, much like sarumans 'wormtounge' ability).

Other then that, great stuff!

I will get another game in during the next few days and will use a more lothlorien based army so that they can be tested too :lol:.

oh and btw whats with elves having a nice little fortress with 16 towers plots and walls, as well as having a 300 command point limit... maybe its 'cause it was a 3 player map but I still think it's supposed to be 150, or 200 considering their 'open' fort.

hope thats of use :lol:

#8 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 11:22 AM

Thanks for the post!

1. I feel the scouts need a formation, maybe 'ambush' that can only be activated when in trees that gives them extra attack etc.

Shoot. I forgot to say in the email that the Scouts' and Riders' formations don't work/aren't there yet.

2. the 'tg' spearmen don't really do much damage at all to buildings even with forged blades and banner U's.

I'll look into that.

3. Forged blades' blue light doesn't actually allign with the blade itself; it's like a floating glow.

Nothing much I can do of that short of a lot of tedious animation editting. The glow doesn't align because it's made for a straight blade, not curved. Not sure if I'm going to fix this or not... Not enough time.

4. Since the scouts are from mirkwood maybe give them an arrow upgrade that is not fire, which is more suitable for the 'war equipped' haldirs elves, maybe give them arrows that give more of a bonus against units than buildings.

I like! I'll get started on that!

5. It sais Glorfindal gets his 'lightning' like ability on rank 8 when actually he gets it at rank 9; just a typo I assume

Typo :rolleyes: .

6. the time for arwens water horse majiggy attack is too long seeing as it only propels a short distance in front of her (enemies would have a lot of time to simply move out of the way, much like sarumans 'wormtounge' ability).

lol, and here I was thinking it was too short. If I can get a second opinion on this, I'll change it. Any takers?

oh and btw whats with elves having a nice little fortress with 16 towers plots and walls, as well as having a 300 command point limit... maybe its 'cause it was a 3 player map but I still think it's supposed to be 150, or 200 considering their 'open' fort.

Actually, every faction's command points have been increased. Good factions' are as such: 400, 300, 250, and 200. Evil factions have 700, 600, 500, 400.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2005 - 11:47 AM

Ok, glad I have been of some use.

I'll get another elves game in this weekend (I want to play more, but the orchard lag thing slows down play considerably :rolleyes:).

#10 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2005 - 11:48 AM

hmmm, I think I might go and register... I'll use my common net thing (lord_smeagol) :rolleyes:

#11 Guest_Devil boy_*

Guest_Devil boy_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2005 - 04:45 AM

:p i like the mod, but im having problems, im not getting any skins, on units or heroes, and there just invisible. is there any way to fix it

#12 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 12:31 PM

Please try to post in the proper topic.

Try some of the solutions offered here:

http://forums.revora...showtopic=25924

http://forums.revora...showtopic=25765

Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 lord melkor

lord melkor
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 03:09 PM

I found many errors, but almost all of them you knew. Gothmog i tried anyway and found his summon orcs ability had no timer, so i made hundreds of orcs. Heres the other errors.
1. Glorfindel's "Light of the Noldor" power requires rank 9, but it says rank 8.
2. Glorfindel, Thranduil, and Celeglin have no voices.
3.Orchards take forever to get to rank 3
All other errors you put in the email. And if you can, add witchking on foot to the final release.

#14 lord_smeagol

lord_smeagol
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 11:25 PM

I was thinking, since you HAVE to use things from the original scripting (tg for elves, etc... i assume), why not use gondors uber arrows for the mirkwood guys... just make them fairly expensive...

as they don't really do much damage to buildings but completely obliterate units which is what those little stealth guys should do ;)
dont worry though, the uber arrows are becoming weaker in the next patch i think.

also I'd say change the stables in to a high elf building (last alliance elves), giving them archers, spearmen and horses from the last alliance.... then give the wood elves barracks mirkwood scouts, mirkwood swordsmen (maybe like thranduil, as he seems quite out of place now having nothing to lead), and haldirs elves...
this is stupid now but with patch 1.03 giving all sorts of bonus' to combo units all of the things here would be useful... I just think each faction of elves deserves a variety, not mirkwood archers, high elf swordsmen, haldirs lothlorien elves, and high elf cav... slightly too random :dry:

#15 Guest_Ecthelion_*

Guest_Ecthelion_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2005 - 11:42 AM

After playing it more times, the only issue with balance is Arwen who is much too strong for an early game hero - she was normally the first hero which I bought. She does not struggle killing multiple battalions solo and with Elrond she can very easily take down an entire outpost.
The only bug so far is the buildings, the statue and the orchards "walk about" when being built.

Ecthelion

#16 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2005 - 02:36 PM

what about evil heroes? the website only shows gothmog. you can use vapula's ugluk and sharku and nazgul without permission, and there are other mods that have high quality heroes like mouth of sauron by halbarad. you could also make shelob a recruitable heroe

#17 King of Universe

King of Universe

It is in our most dire needs, that we do our greatest deeds...

• Hosted
  • 878 posts
  • Projects:Hero Mod

Posted 20 November 2005 - 03:38 PM

It's called Elven Alliance ;)

Posted Image

Frodo: I wish the Ring had never come to me... I wish none of this had happened...
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you...

Click me

#18 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 04:06 PM

I was thinking, since you HAVE to use things from the original scripting (tg for elves, etc... i assume), why not use gondors uber arrows for the mirkwood guys... just make them fairly expensive...

as they don't really do much damage to buildings but completely obliterate units which is what those little stealth guys should do ;)
dont worry though, the uber arrows are becoming weaker in the next patch i think.

also I'd say change the stables in to a high elf building (last alliance elves), giving them archers, spearmen and horses from the last alliance.... then give the wood elves barracks mirkwood scouts, mirkwood swordsmen (maybe like thranduil, as he seems quite out of place now having nothing to lead), and haldirs elves...
this is stupid now but with patch 1.03 giving all sorts of bonus' to combo units all of the things here would be useful... I just think each faction of elves deserves a variety, not mirkwood archers, high elf swordsmen, haldirs lothlorien elves, and high elf cav... slightly too random :dry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sorry, but this all makes no sense. Could you try rewording and stuff?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Zell

Zell
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 06:54 PM

Hi guys i finally got the mod working on my pC and it looks and sounds great, balance problems with arwen are a slight problem, but other than that and a few minor errors it looks great.

One question though, i haven't yet tryed out the campain to much extent, does this mod effect it in any way??

Zell

( Todd Finn )

#20 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2005 - 06:01 PM

It's called Elven Alliance :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i am aware of that, but with all the new heroes being added to elves and rohan, isengard still only has 2, and gothmog has been added to mordor, so its a balance issue. it wouldnt take much work to stick vapula's evil heroes into the game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users