Gmax & Renx

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Punishment

Punishment
  • New Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 04:17 PM

Ok. I have sorte out the whole Gmax + Renx thing, and I want to put my edited crusaider back into generals. I have 2 questions. First of all, I dont know howq to save it as a W3D, second, how do I put it into the W3D.BIG?

Somone help me out...

#2 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  • Projects:Dayvi.com
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 31 March 2004 - 05:52 PM

Do not put it in the W3D.big.

#3 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 01 April 2004 - 12:34 AM

While the model is open in Renx, make sure the entire model is highlighted. On the conrol panel (usually on the right) you will see a tab at the top with the hammer. Click that and the top option should be w3d Tools I believe. Clicking this will open up another menu below that. Scroll down till you see Standard export or something like that. This will allow you to then export. Keep in mind though that if your model has bones than you should highlight them first and uncheck the export geometry box. Than rehilight the whole model and than click the stnd export. Hope this helps...

Placing the model in the right folder from Big. You need a program to extract the files from Big. http://crisisnow.com/tools.htm Choose the FinalBig program and open it up. You will see a list of hidden files. This is where you extract files. You do not need to extract anything for what you requested. But you will need this to get your unit running. (You've got some coding to do)

Make a folder in the main generals folder and name it ART/W3D. Place your model there. If you made a skin than make another folder ART/Textures. Place you skin there and it MUST me a dds file. I'm not a good tut writer but it should get you started.

#4 Guest_Visitor_iain_*

Guest_Visitor_iain_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2004 - 05:47 PM

i was wondering to be honest WHERE DO U GET GMAZ RENX AND PHOTOSHOP ETC TO START MODDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phew...

i got a document of what i might acheive if i ever start using this modding stuuf

u want it email me

Tallgees001@hotmail.com

#5 the high dude

the high dude
  • New Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 10:24 PM

one word google

#6 Guest_Xenomorph_*

Guest_Xenomorph_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2004 - 12:40 AM

Ironically, that's how I found this site. Still no RenX, though...

#7 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 21 December 2004 - 01:11 AM

I have it at my new site. Still under contruction but what you need is there.

The 3rd Age

Has Renx which is part of Renegade gamepack for Gmax.

It's the last tool on the bottom.

Edited by Hostile, 21 December 2004 - 01:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users