#42 Silent_Killa

Silent_Killa

Village Idiot

• Project Team
  • 790 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 08:22 AM

Official Survivor
Congratulations! You scored 79%!
Whether through ferocity or quickness, you made it out. You made the right choice most of the time, but you probably screwed up somewhere. Nobody's perfect, at least you're alive.

Ultimate Survivor
You scored 79 combatpoints, 73 survivalpoints, 68 guts, and 77 attitudepoints!
Whether on your own or as a member of a group, you know what to do and won't hesitate to follow through. Your friends would be wise to follow your example, if they can keep up.

Not surprised, the guns in my house outnumber people 10-1 after all :cool:

But I must ask, what exactly IS this doing in the politics forum? :shiftee:

Edited by Silent_Killa, 30 November 2005 - 08:22 AM.

My political compass
Economic Left/Right: 6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64

"Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility." -Sigmund Freud
"Laws: We know what they are, and what they are worth! They are spider webs for the rich and mighty, steel chains for the poor and weak, fishing nets in the hands of the government." -Pierre Joseph Proudhon
"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm." -George Orwell

#43 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 30 November 2005 - 12:35 PM

Again we'd probably all die. Who knows, maybe Romero was wrong, maybe they'll have lasers...
Posted Image
My Favorite Website.My UniversityAnd... Mein Kampf?
C. elegans for President

#44 Az3r^

Az3r^

Resident Fan Boy/Tester

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Nothing Atm .
  •  Oldbie Slacker since August 03

Posted 30 November 2005 - 02:05 PM

Again we'd probably all die. Who knows, maybe Romero was wrong, maybe they'll have lasers...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

zombies with Lazers ? Holy $£%$%$ Batman !
Quotes :
Paradox @ Ali - "And what the fuck would you know? Ever been? Oh no, sorry, your map says 'HERE BE DRAGONS' anywhere outside of your rock"

#45 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 30 November 2005 - 02:28 PM

Not surprised, the guns in my house outnumber people 10-1 after all :grin:

i can only presume that you are an american then :)

i could probably start a thread on the gun-philosophy that americans have compared to other nations, but a footnote here should be fine for now.

you might have bigger chances for surviving a zombie attack, but no matter how likely that is to happen, the chances of being killed by a gun over the is alot bigger... probably even during a zombie attack because everyone would be firing at anything that moves :)

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#46 Silent_Killa

Silent_Killa

Village Idiot

• Project Team
  • 790 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 12:36 AM

Actually, my gun has saved my life more than once, and I've never had to kill some one yet. But I guarantee, everyone who has pointed a gun at me, did not buy that gun legally. This is my usual argument on this topic anyways, if you plan on shooting someone, buying a gun illegally is just far more logical, the only real chance for a legal gun being used in a crime is a crime of passion. Now, the truth is, I can use any old thing in a crime of passion, gun's just easier.
My political compass

"Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility." -Sigmund Freud
"Laws: We know what they are, and what they are worth! They are spider webs for the rich and mighty, steel chains for the poor and weak, fishing nets in the hands of the government." -Pierre Joseph Proudhon
"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm." -George Orwell

#47 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 01 December 2005 - 08:21 AM

In what scary place do you live that citizens point guns at you :p?

#48 Shuya-Lee

Shuya-Lee
  • Members
  • 202 posts
  • Projects:Documentry on Emo

Posted 01 December 2005 - 09:42 AM

general ghetto life init bruv'

cant be walking down street without some G tryin to pop a cap in yor ass....im currently being molested by one of them.....

#49 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 09:46 AM

That sounded like a chav :p
I think I'm glad I live here then, where there's not that much violence and such, as I know of anyway.
According to the test I'd still survive the zombies though :lol:.

#50 Shuya-Lee

Shuya-Lee
  • Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 09:50 AM

rofl it was ment to be G talk but sadly i cant talk like them, to me they all sound like Suv'ners....

plus i was joking most violence i see is on my moniter when im slashing the arms from imperial guards and sith cult leaders and such

#51 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 09:56 AM

What's G talk?
We are getting a bit off-topic though..
Well it's good zombies don't really exist or something :p, unless in films and computergames.

#52 Shuya-Lee

Shuya-Lee
  • Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 09:58 AM

Gangster talk = G talk

Zombies proper do exist, do on myspace...there is thousands of them.....*sigh*

#53 Silent_Killa

Silent_Killa

Village Idiot

• Project Team
  • 790 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 11:03 AM

In what scary place do you live that citizens point guns at you blink.gif?

Well, we didn't all grow up in padded suburbias, but really I could have avoided most of the situations... wasn't until we started owning property that I really cared, but if we got robbed to often, the family bussiness wouldn't make it, and considering that the majority of the robberies were carried out by local gangs, most of them had guns on them, but once again, we couldn't get robbed, so I'd stay overnight in the shop with a shotgun and pistol every once in a while to discourage it. Usually when one guy got shot at, word spread, and they'd lose interest, but a lot of the equipment we use could be sold for a lot of cash, so we were a high priority target.
My political compass

#54 Shuya-Lee

Shuya-Lee
  • Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 01:24 PM

woah man where the fudge is you from???

did you seriously have to shoot at anyone??

thats not right

#55 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts
  • Projects:Making a master plan to destroy the consumerist society.
  •  Revora's Local Forum Whore

Posted 01 December 2005 - 06:24 PM

He's from San Andreas I guess.. :grin:
Dang it sounds like one Hell hole of a place to live.. O_o

Edited by Holly-gan, 01 December 2005 - 06:29 PM.

Lurking moar since 2004 2003!

#56 Silent_Killa

Silent_Killa

Village Idiot

• Project Team
  • 790 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 01:20 AM

heh, I think I'm making this out worse than it is, wasn't like I was living in Compton or anything. The area was actually fairly rural, but the fact that it was near a major city made it the perfect place to grow weed and cook meth, which was the main attraction for the gangs, and obviously, they needed money to fund this. Actually having a gun pointed at you was rare, would be robbers generally chose to run before shoot. Also, never had to actually shoot someone, had to blow out a few tires and wind sheilds, but that's where it ended.

But anyways, can we get back to discussing something relatively similar to the original topic? :grin:

Edited by Silent_Killa, 02 December 2005 - 01:26 AM.

My political compass

#57 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 04:09 PM

just a few tires and windshields??

its a bloody evil circle with guns, you might say that you need them to protect you from some guy who has bought one illegally... but where did he get that? someone who stole it from someone who bought it legally most likely(which will buy some more and the game is on).

the amount of firearms is one of the main reasons that people start thinking like that... i generally hope i don't have to live or go to America over a long period of time as long as the politics around guns is cleaned up. its a completely different society than what we europeans are used to i believe.

anyway, whats ontopic? i think this topic has served its purpose pretty well. these threads which base themselves on some quiz's will most of the time just become a bragging competition, so if it doesnt derail into a sensible direction after people have talked about that, then it might aswell be locked.

i believe that zombie invasions are two radically different things in america and in europe, just because of the gun philosophy. in america every bloody bastard has the posibility to get a gun with small problems in such situations, which makes it easier for them to shoot zombies, yes, but it also makes it easier for people to rob others for equipment and food.

in europe the rules are stricter, but this doesnt mean that there won't be people without guns in such scenarios, but it would mean that they probably would have some hunting license or some other thing that they would most likely not have had access to if they were a few slices short.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#58 Silent_Killa

Silent_Killa

Village Idiot

• Project Team
  • 790 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:48 AM

I don't have a problem with a topic evolving, just seemed like it was turning into me telling about my personal life, which I prefer to keep... personal... I know I started it, but was a lot more unspecific.

Guns were most likely smuggled, it's a nasty underground bussiness, if they were to just stop making guns they'd just make their own. While guns would become a lot more rare, you'd also see almost entirely imported assault rifles, and what would basically be massacres.

Besides, guns give us that necessary 4th branch to our government. Every totalitarian regime has understood that the first step to total control is disarming the population. Imagine, if we had no way to stop it, what would ther be to stop George Bush from declaring himself supreme dictator (besides the obvious lack of charisma :sleep: ). With giving up your right to bear arms, you have put an unbelievable amount of fate in your government, fate that I personally don't believe it deserves.

Bottom line is that guns are just one way to kill people, lets say guns didn't exist, I could still kill a group of people with a knife. A gun is just a tool, and when you think about it, just about all tools can be used as a weapon... ever seen the Texas Chainsaw Massacre :dry:
My political compass

#59 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 03:36 AM

naturally, but the main thing about guns is that the more there are of them, the more likely they are to be used. we have guns too, but there are much fewer of them around since it takes alot of certificates and stuff to get your hands on them. and if you lose one its gonna be noticed if it pops up somewhere and you didnt report it stolen.

besides, its not about you specifically, its about you and the other 297 millions in America aswell. the gun philosophy comes from a century of gun manufacturer lobbyism and capitalism at its worst. america is heaven for weapon manufacturers because everyone wants a gun. why? because the weapon manufacturers forged their own little kingdom through manipulation of the society.

you might think that government control is bad, but corporations has even more power than governments, and you don't vote for who is in charge there, and you don't vote for what their policies are. corporations is the aristocracy of this age.

anyway, i digress into liberal perspectives. back onto the topic at hand

Bottom line is that guns are just one way to kill people, lets say guns didn't exist, I could still kill a group of people with a knife. A gun is just a tool, and when you think about it, just about all tools can be used as a weapon... ever seen the Texas Chainsaw Massacre :sad:

its hard to kill as many with a chainsaw as with a gun. the range differences and work required to actucally kill someone is enough to make most people think through what they are doing. also, pointing a gun and squeezing the trigger is a pretty small thing to do. taking a chainsaw or cleaver and driving it into someone's skull is something different.

although killing is a part of man, its how easy you make it for him to kill that is the question. a gun is easier to kill with than a knife. a knife is easier to kill with than your bare hands.
on the other side. power equals often the ability to kill. the more you got of it the easier its to kill.there is power in owning a gun. there is power in being a leader of armies.
the president has the ultimate power, and if you look upon it this way, he has killed more than most.
not directly ofcourse, but we havent killed anyone directly since we started using clubs. its all about delegation :p.

the more power mankind gets, the more killing power we will also get. and more people will die.

also, the more power we get, the less dedication we need to kill. as said above with the cleaver and chainsaw vs gun. its easier to kill with a gun than a cleaver or chainsaw.

anyway, this should have been a thread for itself really. as it has very little to do with zombie survival. unless we think of what kind of weapons that would help us killing close friends gone green. you are more likely to die because of human feelings if you only have a cleaver, because it will feel much worse than shooting a gun...

#60 Silent_Killa

Silent_Killa

Village Idiot

• Project Team
  • 790 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 08:52 AM

Meh, topics evolve around here, nothing much you can do about it :p

I still don't see an answer to my major points though...
a) Illegal guns are in existance, you cannot stop this, especially not in a country the size of America. How are law abiding citizens supposed to defend themselves against this?
b) Disarming the masses can, quite easily lead to totalitarianism, and is that something you really want in a world superpower?
My political compass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users