Nothing seems to have change

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Zell_*

Guest_Zell_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2005 - 10:48 AM

Nothing seems to have change, on the beta, i have installed it right, ( i think) and when i click on skirmish it now works, as i deleted my skirmish profile, but no new units or anything seems to have changed??? Have i installed it worry or what ?? please could someone give me some ideas/help??

Zell

(AKA) Todd Finn

#2 King of Universe

King of Universe

It is in our most dire needs, that we do our greatest deeds...

• Hosted
  • 878 posts
  • Projects:Hero Mod

Posted 19 November 2005 - 10:56 AM

You mean you can't select the faction?

Posted Image

Frodo: I wish the Ring had never come to me... I wish none of this had happened...
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you...

Click me

#3 Mullers_11

Mullers_11

Onlooker

• Project Team
  • 806 posts
  • Projects:Visions, The Four Ages
  •  Not active

Posted 19 November 2005 - 11:44 AM

Are you actually sure you selcted the elven faction?

No buildings or units.......that doesn't sound good :p

Edited by Mullers_11, 19 November 2005 - 11:44 AM.

Retired

#4 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 19 November 2005 - 12:17 PM

You must have a clean BfME root folder (where INI.big, textures.big, etc. are stored). No doubt you have some other mod installed that affects the root folder. Uninstall your game, make sure your root BfME folder is empty, reinstall the game, patch. Should work then.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2005 - 07:08 PM

You must have a clean BfME root folder (where INI.big, textures.big, etc. are stored). No doubt you have some other mod installed that affects the root folder. Uninstall your game, make sure your root BfME folder is empty, reinstall the game, patch. Should work then.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have tryed that, but still nothing is there a more severe problem or wat???

(Thanks for trying though)

Todd Finn( Zell )

#6 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2005 - 11:12 PM

im havin the same proble. you dont see the unitis, like there invisible, and i have already unistal the game twice, so what ecxactly do meen by cleaning the root folder. Do you meen to move everthing from the root folder to one of the smaller folde, or complety delete everything in the root folder. Im sorry if i sound like a idiot, but i would realy like to see all of the beta test.

#7 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2005 - 06:56 AM

im havin the same proble. you dont see the unitis,  like there invisible, and i have already unistal the game twice, so what ecxactly do meen by cleaning the root folder. Do you meen to move everthing from the root folder to one of the smaller folde, or complety delete everything in the root folder. Im sorry if i sound like a idiot, but i would realy like to see all of the beta test.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no thats not my problem, its when i play the whole game, it starts up the main bfme screen comes up, and then i go to skirmish, there r still the same old factions, and no new ones or anything, WHATS GONE WRONG !!!!! Please it looks like a great mod if only i could play it ( He thumps his chair violently ) Please any ideas any1???

#8 ched

ched

• Undead
  • 4,431 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Previous Division Leader

Posted 20 November 2005 - 12:04 PM

Is the loading screen any different ?
Software is like sex; it's better when it's free ~Linus Torvald

#9 Mullers_11

Mullers_11

Onlooker

• Project Team
  • 806 posts
  •  Not active

Posted 20 November 2005 - 02:04 PM

Have you made refernece in the properties of your shortcut to read the .big file in documentsandsettings?

Retired

#10 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2005 - 02:16 PM

Have you made refernece in the properties of your shortcut to read the .big file in documentsandsettings?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What do u mean by: Have you made refernece in the properties of your shortcut to read the .big file in documentsandsettings?

Todd finn

#11 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2005 - 02:17 PM

Is the loading screen any different ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no the loading screen is still the same

Todd Finn

#12 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance

Posted 20 November 2005 - 03:31 PM

What do u mean by: Have you made refernece in the properties of your shortcut to read the .big file in documentsandsettings?

Todd finn

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He means steps 4 - 7 in the installation guide.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2005 - 04:16 PM

Todd finn

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He means steps 4 - 7 in the installation guide.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yep i have and it all semms to be right this is waht is says:"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Battle for Middle-earth ™\lotrbfme.exe" -mod Elevenlliance.big, is that right?? but i checked any way and still nothing??? any more ideas?

#14 King of Universe

King of Universe

• Hosted
  • 878 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 04:31 PM

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Battle for Middle-earth ™\lotrbfme.exe" -mod ElvenAlliance.big with a capital A ;)

Edited by King of Universe, 20 November 2005 - 04:31 PM.

Posted Image

Frodo: I wish the Ring had never come to me... I wish none of this had happened...
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you...

Click me

#15 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2005 - 07:23 PM

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Battle for Middle-earth ™\lotrbfme.exe" -mod ElvenAlliance.big with a capital A :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry i missed out the A when i copyed it, i tryed it anyway and still nothing.

I starting to think i just not worthy to play on this great mod, oh well keep the help coming im sure we can work this thing out.

Todd Finn

#16 Mullers_11

Mullers_11

Onlooker

• Project Team
  • 806 posts
  •  Not active

Posted 20 November 2005 - 07:30 PM

You do know you put Eleven not Elven

Retired

#17 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2005 - 04:18 PM

You do know you put Eleven not Elven

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

again another typo, its really anoying as its probable some really simple thing gone wrong. Keep the ides coming guys, we will crack it some time soon!!!

Todd Finn

#18 King of Universe

King of Universe

• Hosted
  • 878 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 05:29 PM

Is your BFME folder in Program Files?
I'm norwegian, so mine are "C:\Programfiler\EA GAMES\The Battle for Middle-earth ™\lotrbfme.exe" -mod ElvenAlliance.big....
So, don't type the whole name into the target box, just add
-mod ElvenAlliance.big at the end :)

Posted Image

Click me

#19 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2005 - 06:43 PM

Is your BFME folder in Program Files?
I'm norwegian, so mine are "C:\Programfiler\EA GAMES\The Battle for Middle-earth ™\lotrbfme.exe" -mod ElvenAlliance.big....
So, don't type the whole name into the target box, just add
-mod ElvenAlliance.big at the end :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YAY IT WORKS!!!!!! I had to change the thing just like u said to this: "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Battle for Middle-earth ™\lotrbfme.exe" -mod ElvenAlliance.big . YAY the mod is great, nice heros and units, go to go, got to get back on it!!!

Thanks for everyones help.

Many thanks

Todd Finn

#20 King of Universe

King of Universe

• Hosted
  • 878 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 06:45 PM

Glad to help :)

Posted Image

Click me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users