• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 LEGO

LEGO

title available

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 03:06 AM

Hi friends of D-Day, i've found a mathod to enable airport bounded aircrafts (and aircraft carrier plane) dogfight with each other. Wheather you know it already, i'd like to share and discuss it with you.

It is actually quite a simple way: an aircraft with flight level under 200(or some higher) an be attacked by anti ground weapon (even from another aircraft), and it can still fly over mountains and buildings and other units.

so if give all aircraft a speacial Armor, we can make sure they won't be shoot by a rifle or tank, but can shoot each other.

you can have a try yourself, then you can see that's really dogfight.

now some problems:
1,i've tried it in RA2, but not in YR, hope it works all the same.
2,how to make the planes automatically patrol, guard, and shoot(just like in C&C:General)? or eles it would be imposible to click intercept a fast enemy plane in actual combat.(unless we make all fighters spawn launched, then it is ok, but...strange... :) )
3,they fly too close to the ground and often hurt themself while fireing. and they look too close to the ground too. maye some move in Voxel may make them look higher?

can't image you give up all that in Rule.ini you've achieved already. but it may be a choice, and may be a style for your next brilliant MOD, i wish.

Thank you. ;)

#2 Rattuskid

Rattuskid

I used to be somebody noteworthy... I think

• Members
  • 1,064 posts
  • Projects:Osmium (mostly dead), Immunizer (crib death) and Spritezkrieg (also crib death)
  •  Rattus Norvegicus (bitch)

Posted 21 November 2005 - 06:14 AM

That's a very... creative work around, but to my understanding D-Day makes heavy use of flight levels as is. It might not be integradable.
Being a total douche.

#3 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 21 November 2005 - 08:18 AM

200 is very low... I use 2000 on bombers etc. well I'll look into it any way, I know Andre will be happy if it works.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Rattuskid

Rattuskid

• Members
  • 1,064 posts
  • Projects:Osmium (mostly dead), Immunizer (crib death) and Spritezkrieg (also crib death)

Posted 22 November 2005 - 05:35 AM

I wonder if there is a line somewhere in the rules to raise the considered ground unit value above a max of 200 leptons.
Being a total douche.

#5 LEGO

LEGO

title available

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 06:54 AM

I wonder if there is a line somewhere in the rules to raise the considered ground unit value above a max of 200 leptons.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes i also guese so. if we can change that hight, it would fix all the possible graphical problem. or eles they fly even lower than the hover MRLSs... :)

but i think the biggest problem will be how to run them automatically... ;)

#6 Rattuskid

Rattuskid

• Members
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 06:21 PM

but i think the biggest problem will be how to run them automatically... :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Blitz already solved the automatic fighter deployment issue.
Being a total douche.

#7 Major_Gilbear

Major_Gilbear

God-Emperor of Dune

• Members
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 06:47 PM

Not without its own compromises though...

#8 LEGO

LEGO

title available

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 11:50 PM

but i think the biggest problem will be how to run them automatically... :p

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Blitz already solved the automatic fighter deployment issue.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no my friend...
it is a land aircraft carrier you can't select and can't give order (even indirect order as the common CVs), when more than 1 enemy come, they just take care of the 1st one, often the most "replaceable" one... :p
as MG said, a compromise :ninja:

Edited by LEGO, 23 November 2005 - 11:52 PM.

#9 Rattuskid

Rattuskid

• Members
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 03:48 AM

You can easily make it selectable... hell, the current Blitz has an updated version where you can select individual targets. I don't see what's so wrong about that if you're going to be doing air-to-air they way you planned. Sure beats the alternative...
Being a total douche.

#10 LEGO

LEGO

title available

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 10:28 AM

You can easily make it selectable... hell, the current Blitz has an updated version where you can select individual targets. I don't see what's so wrong about that if you're going to be doing air-to-air they way you planned. Sure beats the alternative...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes you r right.
but i just like a singel fighter better than a land aircraft carrier.
though as you said, the second already work fair enough.

i'll try some other ways when have time

and so far as i know, BLITZ doesn't contain any air combat, and didn't make heavy ues of flightlevel.
so could they ues this mathod?
maybe i shall go to their forum. is that on in planetCNC their main forum?

#11 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 26 November 2005 - 12:02 PM

You can find their forum here, I'm not sure if I will be able to implement this into D-day but they might. At least your hard work will be put to use then ^_^ maybe you should post about this in the RA2 editing forums here too, I'm sure other mod teams would like to know about this.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 LEGO

LEGO

title available

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 05:23 PM

You can find their forum here, I'm not sure if I will be able to implement this into D-day but they might. At least your hard work will be put to use then ;) maybe you should post about this in the RA2 editing forums here too, I'm sure other mod teams would like to know about this.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I see. nice screenshoot in their forum. :p
already posted both there and editing forum here.
Thx a lot. ;)

#13 raminator

raminator

Humba, Humba, Humba Tätärä

• Hosted
  • 1,600 posts
  • Projects:ehmmm don´t tell you :P
  •  der Biermeister hat gesprochen

Posted 26 November 2005 - 11:18 PM

thanks for the post at derelict =)
Posted Image
if ^ does not work click here
I support Xeno getting well. Go Xeno!

#14 LEGO

LEGO

title available

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 09:59 AM

thanks for the post at derelict =)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it's a pleasure :p
and it's happy to see you have done much more than the "all-rifelmen-conscripts-version"

#15 Guest_Jeeves_*

Guest_Jeeves_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 December 2005 - 08:34 AM

Uhh...

This is absolute genius, and I want it in my mod, and would buy you a drink for it except... I can't actually get it to work.
No idea what I've done wrong, but I like the way it sounds... Help?

#16 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 29 December 2005 - 01:40 PM

Hate to revive dead posts, but if someone could re-explain this in really simple steps, as I must have missed something; it still won't work. :p
If you (anyone) could get back to me (PM, or my forum for 'Landship')... :lol:

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#17 Rattuskid

Rattuskid

• Members
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 04:15 PM

Planes can't normally shoot at one another. If you add the tag flightlevel=200 to the unit, they can. You can then have carrier fights and whatnot.

Edited by Rattuskid, 29 December 2005 - 04:17 PM.

Being a total douche.

#18 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 30 December 2005 - 12:32 PM

:p I've tried adding the FlightLevel=200 line to the harrier, and although it acts strangely, it still can't attack air units. When ordered to attack it just flies randomly to the edge, or goes home. Any suggestions? This seems to be straying from D-Day to Landship, so anybody willing to help more could post there (please?) (http://forums.revora...p?showforum=928). Just remember, I'm not a complete idiot; there are parts missing.

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#19 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 01:04 PM

That's because the Harrier is a plane.

You can only get dogfights by adding that line to a normal (read non-plane) unit, along with the rest of the appropiate coding off course.

You need to remember that dogfights are only possible with jumpjet units (possibly with spawned units but i haven't tried that).

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

- The mathemathical probability of God existing is 67% -

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#20 Rattuskid

Rattuskid

• Members
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 06:36 PM

Er, they need to have flightlevel=200 or lower to be considered targets themselves. You'd need two planes with that in order to dogfight.
Being a total douche.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users