• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 PrinceTheodred

PrinceTheodred
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 02:01 PM

i do not do requests

sorry to keep on bugging you. but on the asset cache builder, to you append to the existing asset or do you make a new one with just the files youre putting in the asset, cuz the original asset has some files that are in the asset and when i try moving the original out and my new one in, i cant see any of the models. and when i append to the existing asset and switch it with the original, it gives me a game.dat error. and the thing thats causing it is the asset. i would like to know, do you add both the texture and the model or just the model, because ive tried everything and when it just might work i get a game.dat error. and i have the latest patch. could you maybe help me because the tutorials dont help at all. im askin you because you obviously can do it.

and thats basically the finished product of the model.

Posted Image

Edited by PrinceTheodred, 24 February 2006 - 02:20 PM.

#22 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 24 February 2006 - 03:25 PM

alright what you do is make a folder somewhere else, name it asset.dat folder or whatever, use final big to extract textures and w3d.big so you have the art folder, move the assetchache builder from bfme to that folder, add your files to the folders as needed, and run the builder, it willl make an asset.dat and wont overwrite the old one, then just rename the old one to asset.dat.old or something and put the new one in, keep adding your art as needed (note if you keep a copy of the new asset.dat in the asset.dat folder it will not make an entirly new one for a new texture, it will just put it into the other one)

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users