Photo

FPS Hud Systems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: Hit me with your preference!

Hit me with your preference!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ambershee

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks

• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  • Projects:Mutator Week & Unreal 3 Projects
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 23 November 2005 - 11:35 PM

Ok, simple question - what sort of system would you like to see in a quasi-modern warfare style shooter, and why;

Would you like to see the standard central crosshair based system, with suitable crosshair alterations per weapon, as we're all familiar with and see in most current games?

Would you like a combination of crosshair based for non-aimed innaccurate firing, and an accurate 'iron sight' technique?

Do you like to see the familiar statistic based Hud with various arrays of health, armour, ammo, stamina etc?

Or would you like an unusual system that features no heads-up whatsoever, and makes use of blind 'hip-shooting', 'iron sighting' and the use of digital readouts on the weapons themselves (when available) for ammo etc, and an uncomplicated stepped shader system to represent your health / stamina levels?

Do you have your own cool Hud idea?

I'm especially interested in your feedback in this area, as it's going to help me significantly in my attempts to design the most user-compliant, yet preferably slightly innovative Hud system when it comes to Death of a Hero (Dh3).

Many thanks,

AmberZ

#2 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 24 November 2005 - 04:03 PM

Full health/ammo/armour bar, plus a nice crosshair in the centre. :ninja:
If you must do ironsight, make sure it isn't at the expense of a regular always-there crosshair. :p

#3 ambershee

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks

• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  • Projects:Mutator Week & Unreal 3 Projects
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 24 November 2005 - 04:34 PM

Thanks for the input, I was wondering when I was going to get a response, lol :D

#4 AdmiralGT

AdmiralGT

title available

• Members
  • 1,702 posts
  • Projects:Petrolution

Posted 24 November 2005 - 05:18 PM

Ammo/Health/Armour bars
No Crossair when weapon on hip.
Pull gun up to iron sights with slower movement.

I find it highly unlikely anyone ever shot anyone holding a gun by their hip unless they were carrying an automatic weapon. You should also forfeit the ability to move easily by the ability to shoot someone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users