#21 Malkor

Malkor

Eternity

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • Projects:Loladins of Legend.
  •  Inanely inane inanities!

Posted 10 December 2005 - 05:58 PM

If someone can find a solution to WA's unexplainable extreme drop in performance... I'm all ears.

#22 Excedrin

Excedrin
  • Project Team
  • 154 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 08:20 AM

Persistent bodies and decals are off, right?

Explain the drop in performance, does the game load slow, and in game menus are slow, then playing the game itself is slow? If it's only slow in an actual game, is it fast in the beginning, then slow as more units appear?

I have a relatively fast machine, but I had to disable persistent bodies and decals, otherwise, the game became very slow as it went on.

Have you tried:
setting the sound and graphical settings to the absolute minimum
checking for spyware
reinstalling dow/wa+patches
defragging
posting in the relicnews tech support forum
(if you have an ATI card) installing the ATI 5.6 drivers
checking for viruses
installing recent windows updates
reinstalling windows then everything else
checking your system for problems (perhaps your cpu is overheating, then clocking itself down to avoid crashing, easy to fix with a new cpu fan)
replacing components until the problem goes away (swap a friend's video card, test, swap the next component, repeat)

That's about everything I can think of. I had a friend who's mouse became jerky in big battles until he bought a new power supply. I had the same symptom and ran out and got a new power supply with no improvement, turns out my mouse was bad. I got a new mouse and that problem is fixed.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users