#22 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts
  •  Ex Cameo Maker and Modder

Posted 09 December 2005 - 11:51 AM

Jesus f**king christ! That looks superb Mig :dry:

I cannot believe that this is for YR. Its almost looks like a stand alone game :ninja:

Maybe PC Gamer will be interested in it once you released it :huh:
Posted Image

#23 Az3r^

Az3r^

Resident Fan Boy/Tester

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Nothing Atm .
  •  Oldbie Slacker since August 03

Posted 09 December 2005 - 12:51 PM

holy $%$£% %$£

thats awesome :dry:

+ that would be awesome if it was in PC gamer. Give mig the respect he deserves
Quotes :
Paradox @ Ali - "And what the fuck would you know? Ever been? Oh no, sorry, your map says 'HERE BE DRAGONS' anywhere outside of your rock"

#24 raminator

raminator

Humba, Humba, Humba Tätärä

• Hosted
  • 1,600 posts
  • Projects:ehmmm don´t tell you :P
  •  der Biermeister hat gesprochen

Posted 09 December 2005 - 12:57 PM

really great work there!

looks like small towns in the 40s
there some towns here in germany that look like that in the present
but nothing comparable to cities in the 40s

but still great work :dry:
Posted Image
if ^ does not work click here
I support Xeno getting well. Go Xeno!

#25 Samael

Samael

Living life to the fullest

• Project Team
  • 1,477 posts
  • Projects:Living my Life the right way
  •  Baller

Posted 09 December 2005 - 08:52 PM

I have a question that desert one will it be for desert rat battle. I hope you know what I ment.

#26 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 10 December 2005 - 01:39 AM

err... yes

Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 10 December 2005 - 05:04 AM

Are you gonna make junction tiles for the 3 and 4 way stops

1940’s european roads are usually unmarked & wouldn’t have such things.

some of the burn marks have cut off problems, though i have seen that in ra2 so...

Some of them are bigger then the foundation setting in the ini, I need to make the foundation bigger or make them slightly smaller to fix this.

And the roads look a little to pixillated for my liking. i know you were going for more of a concrete look but it looks kind of like a dirt road

Blame the limited pal for that & again 1940’s european roads where not the best kept, I've got lots of photos where you cant even see the roads cos of all the mud & rubble on them.

And is that new water, or are you gonna make new water tiles?

I don't plan too, the pal wouldn't give me much to work with any way.

i would still like to point some thing out with the buildings

8 frames & the rubble you see around the base of the building is a bib (otherwise it would cover up units that drove over it). I know about this problem but I don’t know what courses is tho so I don’t know how to fix it, some buildings have it & other don’t but tbh it’s hardly noticeable & only affects one or two of them so I’m not too bothered about it.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 08:25 AM

it must take another modder to even notice those flaws :grin:

to me it looks great, the buildings are varied and very 1940s looking, road looks worn in etc...I just can't wait to see panthers and shermans in those streets thouh ;)
apologising to the world on behalf of my country for the existence of Brussel sprouts and Jean Claude Vandame

"I'm not retreating, I'm just fighting in another direction" (anonymous US corporal, Korea)

work is sacred...so don't go near it.

#29 Indigo

Indigo

Firestarter

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 11:08 AM

Personally, I wouldn't want D-Day to be in PC Gamer or some other game publication, because of the sensitive issue of D-Day 'borrowing' some stuffs from another WW2 game, that could be a grave problem, and us might having a slim chance of getting to try out this sweet mod.

But don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy that Mig took his time in using all these new civilian stuffs from a WW2 game with eye candies but bores the crap out of me...yes it's boring because no skirmish gameplay is boring for me! ;)

Hell, I'd wish Mig would even 'borrow' even the German/Italian/Japanese/Russian/English voices from this WW2 game! :grin:

#30 Our Last Hope

Our Last Hope

Chin Rasuto Hoopu

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Projects:Well I'm working on life.....

Posted 10 December 2005 - 01:55 PM

*Our last hope loads up pictures* :D

I wonder if these will look good.... ;)

*picture loads* :grin:

AHHHH MMYYY EYYYESSS!!! Posted Image

*Our Last Hope's eyes burns out, and then he fries* :xx:

THAT IS NICE WORK!!! :p

I really have to hand it to you; you are truely gifted man. :wub:
Posted Image
SHUT UP AND SMILE ! ( :

#31 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 10 December 2005 - 02:16 PM

Pretty impressive then again I'm inclined to agree with Indigo on the borrowing issue.

Anyways its not making any profit so should not raise havoc ;)

*removed our_last_hope's double post*
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#32 maggot

maggot
  • Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 02:34 PM

i really get annoyed with ppl that are sceptic as to what Mig is doing...

i don't care if its from another game... though idd, mig should be careful

my eyes just popped out when i saw these pics. as other ppl said, i couldn't believe this was still YR and - plz do remember this - free!

i am really looking forward to playing it... someday... ;)

#33 Indigo

Indigo

Firestarter

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 04:22 PM

Yes I'm guilty, and no I'm not skeptic, just concerned and cautious of how the real world works. :grin:

Yes it's free and I hope you can tell that to Blizzard with what they did to the Star Craft mod for Zero Hour. ;) FYI, there was a Star Craft mod for Zero Hour, and when Blizzard discovered this, the team and the project was nuked, as in dead. :p

Yes I don't care where Mig's stuff came from and I actually wish that D-Day would use all of Sudden Strike's and Blitzkrieg's goodies...as in 99.9-100% of it...and for a low profile for D-Day as of now to avoid any sort of problems. I don't care if Mig used other resources from other WW2 games...they deserved it because they were lazy enough to make a skirmish gameplay! :wub:

But I strongly disagree to put D-Day into any sort of a publicity stunt with any game publications or the likes of it to be safe. So pls, no more "D-Day should be featured in PC Gamer or Game-magazine-with-uber-mods-on-it magazine"

And I hope no one here would be smart enough to email any PR from such game publications about D-Day

We could think about this publicity AFTER the final, complete, 100% bug-free release with Japan, Italy and France on it! :xx:

Yes, I've been waiting since 2002 for D-Day and can't wait to play it. :D

#34 Samael

Samael

Living life to the fullest

• Project Team
  • 1,477 posts
  • Projects:Living my Life the right way
  •  Baller

Posted 10 December 2005 - 04:28 PM

My God there are people out there are even more wacked then I thought. ;)

Yes I'm guilty, and no I'm not skeptic, just concerned and cautious of how the real world works. 

Yes it's free and I hope you can tell that to Blizzard with what they did to the Star Craft mod for Zero Hour.  FYI, there was a Star Craft mod for Zero Hour, and when Blizzard discovered this, the team and the project was nuked, as in dead. 

Yes I don't care where Mig's stuff came from and I actually wish that D-Day would use all of Sudden Strike's and Blitzkrieg's goodies...as in 99.9-100% of it...and for a low profile for D-Day as of now to avoid any sort of problems. I don't care if Mig used other resources from other WW2 games...they deserved it because they were lazy enough to make a skirmish gameplay! 

But I strongly disagree to put D-Day into any sort of a publicity stunt with any game publications or the likes of it to be safe. So pls, no more "D-Day should be featured in PC Gamer or Game-magazine-with-uber-mods-on-it magazine"

And I hope no one here would be smart enough to email any PR from such game publications about D-Day

We could think about this publicity AFTER the final, complete, 100% bug-free release with Japan, Italy and France on it! 

Yes, I've been waiting since 2002 for D-Day and can't wait to play it.

I mostly agree with you. :grin:

Edited by Samael, 10 December 2005 - 04:30 PM.

#35 Indigo

Indigo

Firestarter

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 05:56 PM

Hmmm, yes...I think it does need some sort of dirt on junctions.

#36 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 06:26 PM

are those even supposed to be tyre tracks ? ;)

at any rate it seems like a pretty minor detail...
apologising to the world on behalf of my country for the existence of Brussel sprouts and Jean Claude Vandame

"I'm not retreating, I'm just fighting in another direction" (anonymous US corporal, Korea)

work is sacred...so don't go near it.

#37 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 10 December 2005 - 06:31 PM

i dont think i explend that that well.

Ah I see, I was feeling a bit lazy when I did them so I just C&P from the strait sections. I'll redo them at some piont but I've got other things to do atm.

just concerned and cautious of how the real world works

Well the games I got the Gfx from are old & have been superseded by new 3D games. Also CDV isn’t very fussy about these things, after all you can/could d/l music & sound FX mp3’s among other things from there site(s) etc.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 Indigo

Indigo

Firestarter

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 07:27 PM

That's great then...say, if we'll be making our own maps, will there be some issues or problems with Final Alert because of new civ stuffs?

#39 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 10 December 2005 - 08:02 PM

Well in fact FA2 is fecked up, it can’t recognise the new pal files so everything is bright blue, green & pink etc. most ppl may find it hard to make there own maps.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 10 December 2005 - 11:25 PM

unitxxx.pal is used by units & buildings, the isoxxx.pal is used for the terrain...

Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users