AI Command Center

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Msakdillz_*

Guest_Msakdillz_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2004 - 03:09 AM

Sup , Anyone know how to keep the AI from building 2 command centers at the start of the game.??

InitiallyBuilt = No
AutomaticallyBuild = No
This does not work.

Ive scripted it in the skirmishai file so 2 command centers will be built after the first one dies..

But they still start out with it.??

#2 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts
  • Projects:Heh! You're not going to ask me that question.

Posted 09 April 2004 - 07:43 AM

You haven't modified the INI's, have you? (playertemplate possibly, or the building itself)

If not.. what command does your script use?

"Build a building"? Make sure it is no spawn command
Command & Conquer: Red Alert - ReGeneration

"Not the faintest clue =\"

-ComradeJ

#3 Msakdillz

Msakdillz
  • New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 12:06 AM

yeah , the code in the scripting file is good, not sure about the ini , im going to go mess with it and see if i can fix it ,Just didnt know if it was impossible to have 2 command centers and not having them both at start.

peace

#4 Guest_Visitor_Creator_*

Guest_Visitor_Creator_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2004 - 05:32 AM

Perhaps you have 2 scripts ordering computer to build command center. I had a bug like yours one. My AI has been builing 2 supply centers.

#5 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts
  • Projects:Heh! You're not going to ask me that question.

Posted 10 April 2004 - 08:22 AM

As I understand it, he wants the AI to build another command center later on, and the problem was that the AI had it right at the start..

Which brings up another question, Msakdillz (funny name! :D ), when you test your script, do YOU have 2 commandcenters, or is it only the AI that has them initially?
Command & Conquer: Red Alert - ReGeneration

"Not the faintest clue =\"

-ComradeJ

#6 Msakdillz

Msakdillz
  • New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 02:48 PM

Yeah its the AI starting out with it.. Its like it dosnt even check if if auto builds or not in the AIDATA.ini , it just builds it.

YEah my name is weird :D , Was using it on a screen name because Madskillz was not available so i used this MsAkDillz , kinda says madskillz hehe , anyway it stuck and i never have a problem with someone else having the screen name so i use it :ermm:

#7 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 11 April 2004 - 02:49 AM

Hello from the North Country! :D

Just dropped in the same this mini project is quite useful for all of us!

Imagine a SupW General against a HARD Skirmish AI where the condition exists whereby you create a bunch of Alpha Auroras and continually pound the AI so he loses his CC. If he has a second one, even at an expansion, that adds a little interesting strategy.

Btw.. as we mentioned in our chat the other night, you can have the AI build a second. third, fourth, etc base by tailing it off a Supply Dock expansion. As mentioned, RVMECH did this nicely in vanilla Generals as the AI would create not only a Supply Center but Warfactory, Barracks, PowerPlant, etc etc. Added a little fun in there. Unfortunately the SAGE engine does not allow specific placement of those expansion buildings. :ermm:

Still.. we manage best we can.
Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users