cant run "shadows of evil" mod

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Danseguest_*

Guest_Danseguest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2005 - 08:49 PM

Hi,

today I found the above mentioned mod "shadows of evil". I tried to run it but it didn`t work. Have the patches 1.01 and 1.02.

Does it matter if I play the german version of the game and have the german patches? If not, then what should I do to get it working?

Thanks in advance!

#2 King of Universe

King of Universe

It is in our most dire needs, that we do our greatest deeds...

• Hosted
  • 878 posts
  • Projects:Hero Mod

Posted 14 December 2005 - 09:19 PM

Go into Start->Run and run %appdata%, then locate a folder called (in English) My Battle for Middle-earth files. Inside should a big file called ShadowsOfEvilMod be. Move that into that folder in you language (My Battle for Middle-earth files in german). Then it should work :D

Also, found that the shortcut doesn't quite work for me... Copy an existing shortcut and go to the target section, and add this AFTER the quotes

-mod ShadowsOfEvilMod.big

And, yes, with a space, so for me (I'm norwegian) it's like this

"C:\Programfiler\EA GAMES\The Battle for Middle-earth ™\lotrbfme.exe" -mod ShadowsOfEvilMod.big

Edited by King of Universe, 14 December 2005 - 09:25 PM.

Posted Image

Frodo: I wish the Ring had never come to me... I wish none of this had happened...
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you...

Click me

#3 Guest_Danseguest_*

Guest_Danseguest_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2005 - 08:44 AM

Thank :lol: s a lot! I will try that out! :laugh:

#4 Guest_Danseguest_*

Guest_Danseguest_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2005 - 02:26 PM

Hi,

i tried it but it doesn´t work.

do i need the .exe file from this mod? because i can start it the original one, but then its just unmodified game. do you have any other idea??
I really want to try it.

greetz Danseguest

#5 King of Universe

King of Universe

It is in our most dire needs, that we do our greatest deeds...

• Hosted
  • 878 posts
  • Projects:Hero Mod

Posted 16 December 2005 - 01:45 PM

It works for me when I do it like I wrote... So I would justdoubble check that you did it corrct... Sorry, but that's the only idea I can come up with...

Posted Image

Frodo: I wish the Ring had never come to me... I wish none of this had happened...
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you...

Click me

#6 curunir

curunir
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 11:10 AM

Hi!

I tried to run the "Shadows of Evil" Mod, too.
First the Bfme started but then the game crashed:

Game Crash

Error parsing field 'KindOf' in 'ChildObject' in file 'Data\INI\Object\evilfaction\evilfactionunits.ini', line 18226.

Error parsing INI block ' KindOf' in file 'Data\INI\Object\evilfaction\evilfactionunits.ini'

Because of the severity of this error the game will now exit.

[U]OK

What can I do?

#7 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts
  • Projects:Kings of the West Mod
  •  T3A Chamber Member - Retired

Posted 02 January 2006 - 07:34 PM

First, are you using any other mods? Or did you install and play SoE over a clean patch 1.02 version of BFME?

The error says that there is one word of code missing: an "End" code that tells the game that that particular section of code is finished. But I just went back and checked that section of code and it contains all the "End" codes it needs. So, the problem is likely on your end. My guess is that either you don't have the latest patch, or you ran a mod that messed up some of your files.

-GothmogtheOrc

Nine%20rings.jpg
Click on my Sig to go to my BFME Modding site where you can download my mods.
KotW%20Morgul%20In-game.jpg
Kings of the West Mod Leader
*Retired. PM me if you need to get a hold of me as I'll get an email notification and should reply within a day or so*

#8 myrkul_8

myrkul_8
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 04:12 PM

Germany, it installs as your bfme was in C:\"Program Files" I had to change that in the shortcut to make it work.

#9 |MeMw|Murazor

|MeMw|Murazor
  • Members
  • 24 posts
  •  Blue is good...but not as good as red

Posted 10 January 2006 - 06:11 PM

i had to do that to
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users