Orc hero idea for Mordor

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Snaga_*

Guest_Snaga_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 December 2005 - 04:31 PM

Hi! Been looking at your mods, they're all great. :cool:

I came up with something, though, a suggestion if you will.

I never liked the heroes that were available to Mordor. Gollum is pathetic, and the Nazgûl and the Witchking are frankly too powerful.

I think it could be nice to have an orc hero, created from scratch, not taken from the books or films, and incorporate him into the game.

I have some ideas to what sort of a hero he could be.

First off, he could use the goblin model, but be skinned more like an orc. Because goblins and orcs do looke quite similar. :lol:

Like Eomér and Eowyn, he could gain new ways of fighting as he increases in level. Perhaps he could change weapons, from a sword to a bow(could fade from goblin swordsman model to goblin archer model). Perhaps he could also mount a warg(could possibly fade into a reskinned warg rider).

I have no idea how modding is done in BFME, but it does look like, when seeing the other mods, that this should be possible. :p

And here's what he could be skinned after.
Posted Image
That's Snaga. Utterly useless and pathetic orc, that is, but I like the looks of him :lol:

Sorry for the very long and no doubt tiresome thread. :lol:

#2 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 30 December 2005 - 12:17 PM

GTO is now only working on personal projects. If you really want this hero then try studying the tutorials on this site (they help a lot)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#3 Guest_Snaga_*

Guest_Snaga_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 December 2005 - 01:09 PM

No, it doesn't help at all. :p I don't have a clue where to start. The tutorials just say alot of stuff that makes absolutely no sense to me at all, yet.

I could try to do this by myself, I suppose. But then I would need help, and lots of it. :p

#4 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts
  • Projects:Kings of the West Mod
  •  T3A Chamber Member - Retired

Posted 31 December 2005 - 10:27 PM

I agree with you about Mordor's heroes, they definately need work. And the Minas Morgul mod will completely change the hero balance and add several new small orc heroes to Mordor... whenever I get a chance to work on it atleast :huh:

Sorry for the very long and no doubt tiresome thread.

That's ok, I like long posts when they contain good ideas :p And I might just use some of those ideas for the orc heroes :lol:

Thanks,
-GothmogtheOrc

Nine%20rings.jpg
Click on my Sig to go to my BFME Modding site where you can download my mods.
KotW%20Morgul%20In-game.jpg
Kings of the West Mod Leader
*Retired. PM me if you need to get a hold of me as I'll get an email notification and should reply within a day or so*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users