Photo

Skirmish AI project - preliminary Action list..

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#81 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts
  • Projects:Heh! You're not going to ask me that question.

Posted 18 May 2004 - 09:34 AM

Why don't you two (MD and thudo) make a list of generic enhancements together? I could them quickly script them into a fixed ZH skirmish .scb and put it up at the site as an "enhancement template" :ermm:
Command & Conquer: Red Alert - ReGeneration

"Not the faintest clue =\"

-ComradeJ

#82 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 21 May 2004 - 03:22 PM

Just a heads up everyone:

I got Married! :) :wub: Yep.. so I'll be outta commision for another 4 days then its back to scripting! Things have been crazy for the last 2 weeks but we're coming back from the Honeymoon shortly then its back in the saddle! Btw.. I'll also be putting up a web site so you'll all get to see the Thudo family! heheheh

Once I go beta then we'll share our AI scripting magic and build-together a community-based AI initiative! I think I'd prefer all minds come together as one as its getting late since ZH was released last Sept!

I do like the hackers expanding all around the AI's base and aggressive expansion behaviour! Would love to see that!

I have lots in my scripts + all unit icons are corrected now as mentioned weeks back! That makes a big difference in playability and seeing what upgrades the AI and players are using. EA is just sloppy in these matters! :)
Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

#83 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 03:26 PM

Why don't you two (MD and thudo) make a list of generic enhancements together? I could them quickly script them into a fixed ZH skirmish .scb and put it up at the site as an "enhancement template" :)

That sounds better as its been since late Jan since I started working on this project and I think I want someone with the latest builds of my scripts incase something were to happen here! :(

Plus all three of us could perhaps put something wicked together!

Btw.. Madskillz.. Have you designed an AI base so that it works on all 8 start points of a map, builds all buildings, puts defensive around everything needed? This is key as the AI will do weird things when placing buildings on the bottom start points of a map when RotateSkirmishBases=YES is used.

I think we need to chat on Yahoo.. I'll be around soon..

Hang in there!! :tocol:

#84 RVMECH

RVMECH
  • New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 03:54 AM

we're coming back from the Honeymoon shortly then its back in the saddle

hehe i aint touching that ...but dont ya have that in reverse :bluch:

#85 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 06:37 AM

The helix is told to hunt with its commandbutton ability. This requires a

Behavior = CommandButtonHuntUpdate ModuleTag_04 ; allows use of command button hunt script with this unit.
End

in the object's default ini doesn't it?

And why does RV's technique not work for the overlord garrison, merge two teams?

-ComradeJ

#86 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 04:02 AM

The helix is told to hunt with its commandbutton ability. This requires a

Behavior = CommandButtonHuntUpdate  ModuleTag_04 ; allows use of command button hunt script with this unit.
  End

in the object's default ini doesn't it?

And why does RV's technique not work for the overlord garrison, merge two teams?

Nope.. there is no "Behavior = CommandButtonHuntUpdate ModuleTag_04" section in the ChinaAir.INI file. I gather I should add that then? Anywhere under the Helix section?

As for RV's suggestion to merge two teams (Overlord & troops) together to then garrison in Overlord (as a building)... no it doesn't work for me. My scripts were mentioned for this a page or two back. The Troops and Bunkered Overlord just sit there picking their noses. heheh. No garrisoning takes place.

I'll need someone to verify this as well as I suspect a Helix with Bunker Upgrade won't work either as it has the same Engineering attributes as an Overlord.

Btw, anyone know why the China Infantry General has Nationalism already shown as researched BUT you still can research it anyway in the Prop Center? Weird.. I want to disable the lit Cameo of it for MiniGunners and Rocket Soliders so then when you research Nationalism then the cameo is lit. Looks bizzare that the Nationalism Cameo is lit BUT it hasn't been researched yet. How to make it unlit?

#87 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 08:15 AM

LOL yes that's probably useless!

But yes add this module

Behavior = CommandButtonHuntUpdate ModuleTag_CBHunt ; allows use of command button hunt script with this unit.
End

to the china helix. You can put it under the active body, actually you can put it anywhere unless it is outside of an object or inside of another module.

Just had a mad and possibly useless idea: what if you told a team to move to the nearest objetc of type 'Overlord' ? Would it "collide" with it and garrison it? Would be interesting ..

-ComradeJ

#88 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 12:17 PM

LOL yes that's probably useless!

But yes add this module

Behavior = CommandButtonHuntUpdate  ModuleTag_CBHunt ; allows use of command button hunt script with this unit.
  End

to the china helix. You can put it under the active body, actually you can put it anywhere unless it is outside of an object or inside of another module.

Just had a mad and possibly useless idea: what if you told a team to move to the nearest objetc of type 'Overlord' ? Would it "collide" with it and garrison it? Would be interesting ..

Hmm.. why the heck isn't that Behavior= already under the HELIX? I don't get it.. the AI hunts with a Gattling Cannon upgrade but not a Napalm bomb? I take it the "CommandButtonHuntUpdate ModuleTag_CBHunt" is specific to Napalm Bombs? How did you figure that whole line out? :tocol:

Gawd.. EA just continues to show its inability to care for its games. Such an unbelievably cool RTS and yet again like many times in the gaming industry they let a good title go to waste while patching utterly sh*t ones. <3x sigh> :blink: -_- <_<

As for telling the team to "move to nearest object of type 'Overlord'.. Hmm.. I tried before "move to nearest object of type 'OverlordBattleBunker' " to no avail so not sure if this'll work. Would be nice but I may need to totally write out the team info on both and present it to ya all.

Is Creator's option of adding it into the INIs too much a prob that might cause synching issues? My concern is giving the AI a modified Overlord + Battlebunker will impact a human player as well. :(

#89 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 02:11 PM

The commandbutton hunt update is only needed for commandbutton hunts, therefore the helix attacks with its gattling because it is not a commandbutton but simply ignores the napalm bombs because they are weapons triggered by a commandbutton.

Heh, figure it out? You pick that kind of stuff up when you look through INI guides and such, but the ModuleTag_CBHunt could be replaced by anything, thus you could write

Behavior = CommandButtonHuntUpdate SantaClaus

the text after the module's name must be unique in an object though, else WB won't load.

Creator's method is too INI based I think.. the chance for mismatches is quite high as it interact's with the player's scoring. At the den forums, RVMECH said (dunno if you've read this but..)

"Normally modifying anything for the human player that involves scoring in anyway with a script will or can cause a mismatch."

I suggest we have to find a better option. I just don't know where to start! They simply won't garrison because it is a sub object. Would yo u move directly into a room when you are outside of a house? Hmm there must be another way..

BTW I was ridiculous enough to add your project site to the SDI affiliation list..

-ComradeJ

#90 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 02:51 PM

The commandbutton hunt update is only needed for commandbutton hunts, therefore the helix attacks with its gattling because it is not a commandbutton but simply ignores the napalm bombs because they are weapons triggered by a commandbutton.

Heh, figure it out? You pick that kind of stuff up when you look through INI guides and such, but the ModuleTag_CBHunt could be replaced by anything, thus you could write

Behavior = CommandButtonHuntUpdate  SantaClaus

the text after the module's name must be unique in an object though, else WB won't load.

Creator's method is too INI based I think.. the chance for mismatches is quite high as it interact's with the player's scoring. At the den forums, RVMECH said (dunno if you've read this but..)

"Normally modifying anything for the human player that involves scoring in anyway with a script will or can cause a mismatch."

I suggest we have to find a better option. I just don't know where to start! They simply won't garrison because it is a sub object. Would yo u move directly into a room when you are outside of a house? Hmm there must be another way..

BTW I was ridiculous enough to add your project site to the SDI affiliation list..

Cool.. I'll see if the Helix drops Napalms now..

I'll try the Team-only merging with Bunkered Overlord scripts again.. Would obviously prefer that..

Hmm.. Project Site added to SDI Affiliation List? Problem? Where? :blink:

#91 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 04:47 PM

http://sdi.origin-network.net/

Here :blink:

-ComradeJ

#92 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 06:05 PM

http://sdi.origin-network.net/

Here :blink:

:w00t0:

Wow! I'm world famous now! heheh. Gawd I gotta make a better page! Its so temporarily! :tocol:

#93 Guest_Moldorm_*

Guest_Moldorm_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2004 - 03:37 PM

Thudo, i don't want to rush you, but with every sunset the generals-community decreases and we haven't even seen a betaversion of you AI-Mod.

Why don't you just release what you have done so far, nobody expects a perfect AI without bugs. The time of Generals is nearly over, so stop to hesitate, the community doesn't need the new AI in 3 months, it needs it now.

#94 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 05:08 PM

Thudo, i don't want to rush you, but with every sunset the generals-community decreases and we haven't even seen a betaversion of you AI-Mod.

Why don't you just release what you have done so far, nobody expects a perfect AI without bugs. The time of Generals is nearly over, so stop to hesitate, the community doesn't need the new AI in 3 months, it needs it now.

No yer right.. the community since late Jan has been quite patient. I guess I work differently as I like to perfect the AI before releasing it even to beta testers so as to minimize the reports and keep everyone satisfied.

My AI does things differently than Lion's Advanced AI mod especially since there are soo many little tweaks in mine (accomplished since late Jan). The community needs a taste of it at least in beta form. I think perhaps its time for it.

I'll keep everyone posted in short order where it'll be downloadable.

#95 Guest_Wolfman_*

Guest_Wolfman_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2004 - 07:27 PM

Thudo, any word on WHEN?? Your previous work has been outstanding, and this sounds like it will kick ass! Can you give us some details as to where the project stands right now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users