#21 Ace22

Ace22

Commander of all that is toast

• Project Team
  • 2,773 posts
  • Projects:War Games, War Games mod
  •  War Games Recruitment officer

Posted 04 January 2006 - 12:13 PM

The one in Zero Hour seems to be made for the job, but the original gunships are reconfigured Cargo planes; So I conclude that the one in the game is actually a renamed AC-X concept.

#22 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 04 January 2006 - 01:36 PM

EMP missiles are to powerful for a cheap unit like the Avenger.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#23 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 04:56 PM

The Avenger in real life is armed with Stingers and a Chaingun. IMO this would be quite interesting to see ingame. Is this how you imagined it?

View Post

EMP missiles are to powerful for a cheap unit like the Avenger.

View Post

That's what i figured. If there are any upgrade slots over, the EMP missiles could be an expensive upgrade for the SW General (+/- 6000?).

Anyway what's your opinion on the missile/Gattling combo i proposed

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

- The mathemathical probability of God existing is 67% -

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#24 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts
  • Projects:War Games Moderator (UNSC), Dragon Slayers Moderator (Link)
  •  You want a piece of me boy?

Posted 04 January 2006 - 06:49 PM

I like the missile avenger idea with the Gattling gun. The missiles would be AA only, and the gattling gun could hit ground or air.

EMP missiles: That does sound a little overpowered, unless EMP missiles is a general pgrade for Alex for pretty much all of the missile systems. It would be an expensive upgrade though.

Maybe require another building after the Strat center for upgrades like that.
Posted Image

#25 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 04 January 2006 - 08:06 PM

As Link said Gatling vs ground, which if I did that, would be the result, and it since it would have the gatling cannon it wouldn't get the bonus granting laser. For those who don't know, the Avenger grants a fire rate bonus when it fires the Blue laser at ground units.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#26 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 08:22 PM

The sighting laser should be on some stealth infantry unit or the stealth commanches in my opinion.

Would the Gattling gun also hit aircraft?
Posted Image

#27 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 04 January 2006 - 08:59 PM

No, would be a little un-necessary.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#28 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 09:02 PM

Countermeasures and PDLs can stop lots of missiles but not gattling guns. If you make this change then the USA would not have any way to hit aircraft without missiles on any unit. That means that if the other side uses enough jamming units, countermeasures, and/or PDLs their aircraft are immune to the USA.
Posted Image

#29 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 04 January 2006 - 09:21 PM

Which is why that wont happen. They use isn't the gatling side, that's china. besides it's a 50 cal. if I remember right, not a minigun.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#30 sath

sath

Death is here!

• Members
  • 347 posts
  •  runabout boy

Posted 04 January 2006 - 09:34 PM

speaking of emp missles the super weapon gens emp pop up patriots are annoying when they spot an enemy in the air (e.g air force gens b-2 carpet bomber on gen challenge) they have to deploy which i have noticed that gives the bomber more than enough time to get by the worst of it and shot down the few that actually get launched and the missles when they fly over your buildings they disable your buildings ;)

getting back on track...

missles on the avenger would make them and thair friends easy prey for the air force gen unless your the lasr gen but trainers don't work on internet (and thank goodness for that! :p)

but if avengers came with something like AA jet propelled ramjet sniper rifle rounds then that might make an excellent sub for lasers (a gun from C&C renegade and real life and their bloody good at destroying flying killer whales (GDI orca attack craft) and NOD apaches.
When someone opens up a can of kick butt, then the best thing to do is to open up a can of baked beans

Remember! If you smoke weed you’ll get high, if you smoke a reed you would die

Apparently Donkeys kill more people every year than air-plane crashes

#31 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 09:35 PM

Like I said, though, that would be unbalanced because China can make their aircraft immune to anything the USA throws at them.

Here's a thought: Make the microwave tank an anti-infantry and aircraft unit. It would burn infantry and boil off a plane's fuel and make it explode. Plus I think that's one of the main things the USA is experimenting with in the Microwave Tank.
Posted Image

#32 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 04 January 2006 - 09:47 PM

How do they make their aircraft immune, they have no coutermeasures, PDLs, or Anti-Small missile objects. The airforce gen will get one of his lasers removed, since he actually has two PDLs per plane, on that is the paladins, and the other is one that fires twice as fast which is the one they will keep since even that can't stop 4 missile fired within seconds of eachother.

And the ramjet is actually the Barett. And it isn't being expiramented with in real life, since their isn't anything called a ramjet. You are thinking of ScramJets which are far more powerful and faster then a bullet.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#33 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 09:55 PM

Don't ECM tanks have a field that disrupts missiles? Send in some bunker helixes with two snipers and three tank hunters each, a few more helixes with speaker towers, put them above a mixed ground force, mostly ECMs, and you'll have to rip through the ground if you ever want to hit the air, by then the MiGs can use the distraction to burn your base.

And that would also make for some very interesting USA vs USA battles.

*red King Raptors approach Blue base*
*Blue dispatches King Raptors to stop them*
*Complete stalemate, no one can score a hit*
*Next Red's Raptors ignore Blue's Raptors*
*More backup Raptors patrolling Blue shoot down all missiles fired at buildings*
*Red Raptors return to base without scoring or taking a hit*
*Both sides sell off their airfields and slug it out in Trojan Tanks*
Posted Image

#34 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 04 January 2006 - 09:58 PM

ECM tanks can't protect air units, their field isn't that big, it's only really close to them that they can protect units. And Propaganda Helixes suck ass, cause they heal your units like 2 health, but then if they get damaged into the redzone, and you try to use the repair, you can't cause the propaganda cancels the repair out.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#35 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 10:00 PM

Well China could use something better to hit missiles, otherwise that makes the USA the only one that can kick missiles off their planes.

Did you decrease the armor of choppers or something? Cuz Helixes were useful before PR.
Posted Image

#36 Jsmooth13

Jsmooth13

title available

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 10:05 PM

The AC-130 is a real plane, by the way.

Info.

View Post

ehat i meant ace is that you see the Spectre in the game and then you look at a real life spectre and you realize "damn that thing in the game is not realistic at all"

to WTF is up with that repair General Power??? since we were talking about these helixes and all why the f*** can't it work on units in the air???

#37 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 04 January 2006 - 10:06 PM

No they can just carry more. And no, they are just the only one that can hit small missile because of the PDLs. The ECM takes out missiles by scattering them, they can even block Artillery missiles, just a little harder to do. Flares only work for the targeted vehicle for the missiles that were fired at that vehicle, if you have one MD and you fire at a raptor, and that raptor goes close to another raptor, the raptor it moved close to can take damage from the splash, but it wont fire the flares because it isn't being shot at. And even then you only have a 45% chance of the flares working vs. a missile, and it fires a group of flares instead of one at a time, after which it must reload the flares and is vulnerable during this time, and once a missile gets so close it can't be decoyed away.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#38 Jsmooth13

Jsmooth13

title available

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 10:08 PM

if you assume of course that the missile is Thermaly guided... if it was Radar guided it would have to use Chafts

#39 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 10:10 PM

but PDLs are still used no matter what the missile's target is as long as they're close enough. Once a missile is hit with a PDL, it simply skips off and doesn't hit anything.

I've also seen PDLs work on artillery barrage, but you need a lot of them to block all of it. You get one MD and start firing at an Avenger on the ground with a PD drone the missiles just fly off somewhere and don't hit anything. Same with all PDL planes.
Posted Image

#40 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 04 January 2006 - 10:22 PM

Ummm no, only the laser gen can hit shells with his PDLS, which are only on the Avengers, so that means you have to spend loads of money to protect from a full sized artillery barrage.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users