#1 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 07 January 2006 - 09:40 PM

Is it just me or does the basic design of human & forerunner architecture seam very similar. This may be intentional or it could just be that the same artist did the concept art etc. If there is some sort of link between the humans & forerunners tho it may explain why the covy are so interested in earth & also why the Ark went there at the end of Halo 2.

Any thoughts..?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 raminator

raminator

Humba, Humba, Humba Tätärä

• Hosted
  • 1,600 posts
  • Projects:ehmmm don´t tell you :P
  •  der Biermeister hat gesprochen

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:42 PM

no idea, as i´ve not seen any of the halo concepts...
Posted Image
if ^ does not work click here
I support Xeno getting well. Go Xeno!

#3 camkill

camkill

YR INI Coder

• Hosted
  • 607 posts
  • Projects:YR : Flashpoint
  •  RA2/YR INI Coder

Posted 09 January 2006 - 09:28 AM

the "forerunners" have a biological attachment to niether the humans nor the covy's, but I think that they understood so much, that they were able to mimic future designs that they knew would exist. Choosing to their own liking, the human design factors. I say this assuming i made any sense. :grin:
Posted Image

!!Click The Above Logo To Visit The Appropriate Forum!!

Posted Image

#4 Rawlo

Rawlo

Word Smith

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  •  as it turns out, was never actually a convict, go figure.

Posted 26 January 2006 - 12:43 PM

lol, I think it's more likely that the forunners created humans and inspiring the ideas of gods etc, and the tech appearance just happened to be a deeply suconsiouse imprint from the gods stuff ;) . not that it means anything though, as this is just a game, something I don't think alot of people realise. you should see some of there forums, the amount of effort people put into finding hidden meanings in the story is amazing :)
The Least I Could Do - We all wished we were like this at one point
Ctrl+Alt+Del - A webcomic for the gamer in all of us
A final good night Burnie, sleep well mate, rest in peace
Goodbye Tig, you are sorely missed.
Goodbye to you aswell till, you'll also be missed

Xeno, RIP mate
"I'm going to go on the record and say that any substance abuse problem which creates women like that is ok by me"

#5 camkill

camkill

YR INI Coder

• Hosted
  • 607 posts
  • Projects:YR : Flashpoint
  •  RA2/YR INI Coder

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:11 AM

agreed, completely

^even though im bad, im not THAT bad^
Posted Image

!!Click The Above Logo To Visit The Appropriate Forum!!

Posted Image

#6 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 17 April 2006 - 02:50 PM

I've not seen that much of a link between Forerunner and human architecture, myself, except that they both build upwards. I think that humankind was perhaps another race which once upon a time worshipped the Forerunners as the Covenant did, however the two never actually met, and as the humans lost their faith, developed their own technologies, worshipped new (or no) gods while still having the Ark on Earth, and so the Covies got a bit pissy about it.

The Covenant and Forerunner architecture bear much more similarities than those of Forerunners and humans, purely because the Covenant are so reverent of the Forerunners, and haven't advanced on the technology. They're imitative, not innovative, while the humans are opposite. That's the only reason humanity hasn't fallen to pieces altogether.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users