128 replies to this topic

#1 Jsmooth13

Jsmooth13

title available

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 12:07 AM

Hello Everybody!

I thought "hey since we are getting naval units in 8.0, thee should be some new units"

My First Idea::

Submarines

yeah,

they are stealth unless a sonar ship finds them,

Can destroy naval units, launch cruise missiles, and has an upgrade for a SLBM.

#2 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts
  • Projects:War Games Moderator (UNSC), Dragon Slayers Moderator (Link)
  •  You want a piece of me boy?

Posted 09 January 2006 - 12:22 AM

Good plan. Also, if it can be coded, only certain units can hit them, sorta like how there are ground and air defenses.

USA:
Destroyer: Sorta small, big guns, that's about it
Aegis cruiser: Lots and lots of missiles, they aren't great vs boats but can hit land, they can also drop aircraft and they have torpedoes to sink subs.
Aircraft Carrier: IDEA! Maybe the aircraft can be coded as a weapon not a unit. The carrier stores them internally, so A you don't get aircraft falling off the back when you move and B the thing can be off scale without shrinking the planes. Is it possible to code basically a long-range missile that looks and acts like a plane? Also, it can build attack choppers and transports preloaded with your choice of infantry.

China:
Battlecruiser: Bigger guns than the Destroyer. Also has a gattling gun.
Attack subs: Great ship killers.
Nuclear subs: Bigger subs with long-range missiles. IDK about anyone else, but Nuke gets nuke subs. Not as good vs ships.

GLA:
Various little boats, main idea is to board an enemy ship and claim it.

Militia:
I got nothing. Anyone else?
Posted Image

#3 Delta24US

Delta24US

The Japanese are attacking

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 12:22 AM

hmm seems like a good plan.

I really want to see some battleships tho for the US.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
"Jesus didn't resurrect. He respawned."

"I hated going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying "You're next". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at funerals."

#4 Jsmooth13

Jsmooth13

title available

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 12:26 AM

yeah battleships rock

#5 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

• Members
  • 1,586 posts
  • Projects:00 Nobody Maps
  •  Mapper and Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

Posted 09 January 2006 - 01:27 AM

The USA already has battleships

USA:

BattleShip

Cruiser (both already in the game)

Sub -- fires tomahawks at land, torpedoes at sea. simple enough.

Aircraft Carrier (also already in game, but it's counted as a building)

China:

Dreadnaught -- has 2 large, powerful cannons and dual napalm missiles (nuke gen is radiation)

Attack Sub -- stronger version of the USA sub. fires Napalm Missiles instead of
tomahawks (also radiation for nuke gen). affected by black napalm/gamma radiation.

Gattling Ship -- small, fast ship with dual gattling cannons (tank gen has AP gattling cannons, infantry gen has advanced gattling cannons). affected by chain guns upgrade.

GLA:

Quad C. Boat -- boat armed with a quad cannon. affected by all quad cannon upgrades.

Rocket Boat -- Boat armed with rocket launchers (similar to rocket buggy). affected by all rocket buggy upgrades.

Suicide Ferry -- a vehicle ferry armed with explosives. can be loaded with terrorists to increase power. Toxin gen has toxin bomb. Demo gen has high-explosive (beyond regular) bomb.

Scud Sub -- small submarine that fires scud truck missiles as torpedoes, and scud launcher missiles as sea-to-land weapons.

All:

Hovercraft -- can carry 12 men or 4 vehicles. is amphib.
00 Nobody Maps and Missions
Desert Legends RPG C&C's ONLY
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx
Operation: The Dragon's Den
Construct additional pylons. No, seriously. The power's out. Those power lines are overloaded. WE NEED MOAR PYLONS!

#6 7th_Panzer

7th_Panzer

Crushing opponents since 1980.

• Project Team
  • 2,341 posts
  • Projects:War Games
  •  Chief Wargames Referee

Posted 09 January 2006 - 07:00 AM

A few ideas:

United States Navy
A naval force for the United States should be an expensive, all-or-nothing thing. No general-purpose combatants, lots of upgrades and quite expensive. Expensive enough to require the team to invest fully in the fleet, rather than simply build a single ship.

Destroyer Type
Arleigh Burke class guided missile destroyer
Armor: Good
Speed/Maneuverability: Good/High
Armament:
Mk.52 Advanced Torpedo (against ships and submarines) x6 (per salvo)
AEGIS Air Defense System, fires SAMs, x4 (per salvo)
CIWS/Point Defense Drones
Notes: The premier ASW/AAW ship of the USN. Moderate build cost. Can spot hidden units (like submarines) from a far distance.

Cruiser Type
Ticonderoga class guided missile cruiser
Armor: Excellent
Speed/Maneuverability: Good/Medium
Armament:
AEGIS Air Defense System, fires SAMs, x8 (per salvo)
Laser Defense System (same as Avenger) x2
Tomahawk VLS x4 (per salvo)
5in Gun, high rate of fire (autoloader)
Notes: Simply put, the best air defense system afloat. Tomahawk missiles give this unit the ability to bombard units ashore and its cannon allows the cruiser to soften up defenses before an amphibious assault.

Large Type
Nimitz class fleet carrier
Armor: Excellent, lots of hit points
Speed/Maneuverability: Average/Poor
Armament:
Notes: The largest warships ever to sail the seas. Can carry XX numbers of planes, including the XX, XX, XX and helicopters (total number carried, XX). Very expensive, very vulnerable.

Submarines
Virginia class fast attack submarine
Armor: Poor
Speed/Maneuverability: Good/Good
Armament:
8x ASW/Antiship torpedoes
Notes: The most capable sub hunter in the world, on or below the seas. Has the highest range of detecting enemy submarines, and very long-range torpedoes. Its designed for being very quiet, and enemies have difficulty finding it.

Ohio class fleet guided missile submarine
Speed/Maneuverability: Average/Average
Armament:
2x ASW/Antiship torpedoes
8x Tomahawk missiles (** ICBM)
Notes: Older Ohios have been converted into carrying a powerful array of tomahawk missiles, giving a single submarine the firepower of an entire carrier group. Outstanding for land bombardment. (** superweapon general could have ICBMs equipped, say, with fuel-air explosives)

China
The Chinese navy should be centered around supporting an amphibious invasion. Their fleet can not hope to fight the Americans - and they know this. But a short war where the US can not bring its superior equipment and numbers may prove to be winable if the cheaper, general use Chinese ships can deploy fast enough.

Destroyer type
Armor: Good
Speed/Maneuverability: Good/Average
Armament:
4x GP missiles
CIWS
2x 5in guns
4x ASW/Antiship torpedoes
Notes: The general purpose Chinese ship, this is inferior to both the Burke class destroyers and the Ticonderoga class cruisers - but five of these can be bought for one of each of the other ships. Capable of attacking all types of targets, and can detect hidden units - though not as far as the Burkes and Virginias can.

Large Type
Kraken class Battleship
Armor: Excellent
Speed/Maneuverability: Moderate/Poor
Armament:
8x 14in guns
CIWS
Notes: Shore bombardment ships, and heavy ASW ships. Can not engage air targets or submarines. Hard to sink. Long range on the guns.

Submarines
Kilo class diesel submarine
Speed/Maneuverability: Average/Good
Armament:
4x ASW/Antiship torpedoes
Notes: Submarine design bought from the Soviets. Best diesel boat in the world, good endurance - but no match for an American boat. Can detect hidden units. One-third the cost of a US submarine.

Edited by 7th_Panzer, 09 January 2006 - 07:02 AM.

Posted Image

- "7th 'I'm not evil!' Panzer

#7 7th_Panzer

7th_Panzer

Crushing opponents since 1980.

• Project Team
  • 2,341 posts
  • Projects:War Games
  •  Chief Wargames Referee

Posted 09 January 2006 - 07:30 AM

Sorry, one last item. A unit that has probably been overlooked.
Sub Hunters
Airborne planes designed to find subs and drop aerial torpedoes on them. No defense against other planes, and slow moving. A stationary Kilo could have mast-mounted SAMs to shoot one down - assume the diesel powered sub is snorkelling, recharging its batteries.

The US could use the P-3 Orion (or its successor) and the Chinese could use the Bear-Foxtrot.
Posted Image

- "7th 'I'm not evil!' Panzer

#8 Thunder_Head

Thunder_Head

title available

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • Projects:none(seriously)

Posted 09 January 2006 - 12:42 PM

This is my idea. Please don't get upset if some of my ideas are same as others.

USA-
Destroyer- has cannon to shoot ground target and torpedos agianst subs. Hopeless vs. aircraft
Aegis Cruiser- have patroit to shoot down aircraft and small targets and Tomahawk agianst ground targets. Have point laser defense agianst missiles.
Aircraft Carrier- launch a squadron of aircraft which attack both air and ground/ships target. I think one carrier should be able to deploy more than just raptors.
Sea shadow(aka. stealth both)-launch torpedos agianst stealth and tomahawk on ground. It's a US substitution for submarine.
For each generals-
Air force- have a special class carrier that can able to carry bombers. But no Seashadow. Have King Raptors instead of normal ones
Super weapon- have EMP missiles on her cruisers. Her advance Sea Shadow will shoot a particle cannon instead of tomahawk.
Laser- All ships have point-laser defense on his ship. He will has special cruisers that shoot laser cannon and Avenger AA lasers. His Sea shadow will equiped with laser cannon instead of Tomahawk.
All ships have sonar but requires an upgrade
All ships can deploy Sea Commanche(I know they're not exist, just make up!!! ;) ) To protect itself from fast moving ships and subs

China-
Van Ho Inferno Battleship- Shoots barrages of Inferno cannon on grounds. Weak vs. anything that come close. Hopeless vs. aircraft (which includes Sea Comanches hehe :) :p ;) )
Han Destroyer- Shoot down enemy aircraft with gattling gun. and sink enemy ship with torpedos. It is design to destroy the fast appoachers and subs. Weak vs. long range attacks.
Deng Xiaoping attack sub- An old ex-soviet sub Typhoon class has been resurrected with the Russian aid. This sub is design to sink other ships with topedos.
Mao Zedong Aircraft Carrier- just a Chinese version of Aicraft Carrier. Has smaller capacity than American (If US can hold 20, Chinese should carry 10)
Leang Aircraft Carrier Submarine (optional if u don't think it's too overpowered)- Combine an idea of sub and aircraft carrier(Launch Aircraft instead of MRBM,no torpedos since it needs room for some aircraft to get in)
For Each generals-
Nuke has radiation cannon. He has a special class of submarine which able to launch nuclear missiles.
Tank has larger capacity on his amphibous transport to carry more tanks.
Infantry version should allow his men to shoot out of a transport just like Assault troop crawler.
All ships have sonar. Requires upgrade.
All ships except attack subs will call up see Sea Helix(launch torpedos only,no upgrades)

GLA-
Jet Ski-just like combat cycle on ground.
Speed boat- Fast moving boat. Have 2 add-on and 1 special add-on. Thier add ons will be Quad cannon as AA and Rocket for ground support. Special add-on will be TNT which allow this boat to suicide (BOOM!! ;) )
U-boat- sunk enemy ships with torpedos and a flak cannon for AA.
Scud Drednought/barge/boat (whatever :grin: )- Has 2 or 4 scud on this ship
For each gen.
Mine layer- deploys raft demo trap. Weak vs. everything.
stealth-come up will GPS scrambler. No SCUD ships.
Demo- All ships have suicide abillity (Blow itself up when killed and give damage to units nearby)
Kaiten Human Torpedos- Just an Underwater bomb truck.
Toxin- no Idea, same as Toxins perhaps
Fun fact:
1) Named after the Osean AWACS in Ace combat 5
2) The anime sith lord
3) Anakin is the best Jedi
4) His favorite faction in SW:Empire at war is the Galactic Empire
5) Always change signature

#9 Thunder_Head

Thunder_Head

title available

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 12:49 PM

Sorry for Doble-Posting.
Some additional idea
All sides should have Amphibous(aka Hovercraft) transport.
Also, Sea Commanche and Sea Helix will detect stealth units by it self.
If you have no idea what does Sea shadow look like I'll show you a pic

Posted Image

And Kaiten Human Torpedos

Posted Image
Fun fact:
2) The anime sith lord

#10 Bismarck

Bismarck

Ineficent poster

• Project Team
  • 345 posts
  • Projects:It's dead! Call Dr. House!

Posted 09 January 2006 - 04:07 PM

I dont like the idea of GLA ships boarding other ships bacause if they board the ship it does not mean that have a 100% chance of actually capturing it usually the ships have some sort of deffence crew on board and usually the bigger ships have a crew of 100-300 persons so how 10-20 poorly trained terrorists are actually going to capture it?

Ideas.
Cant the USA navy have the Trident nuclear submarine? It is far more deadlier and larger than the ohio class. But instead of nuclear missiles it would fire more tomahawks than the ohio class and act like a mobile particle cannon fo super wep gen.
Posted Image!
Ruler of the waves!
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

#11 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 11:25 PM

Aircraft Carrier- launch a squadron of aircraft which attack both air and ground/ships target. I think one carrier should be able to deploy more than just raptors.

View Post

umm, aircraft carriers do deploy more than just raptors in PR. they have auroras and raptors and 2 other planes on em.
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx
Construct additional pylons. No, seriously. The power's out. Those power lines are overloaded. WE NEED MOAR PYLONS!

#12 Bob

Bob

Marine Corps Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle (EFV)

• Project Team
  • 1,252 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor, ZH Maps
  •  "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."

Posted 10 January 2006 - 12:06 AM

The carrier your talking about 00 Nobody is the regular Zero Hour carrier, and is not a PR unit. It's not buildable by any side. It's a worldbuilder item that must be placed on maps manually.

They're talking about putting a buildable version into PR. Something preferably not as strong as the ZH version. The zero hour version is more like a superweapon. The buildable one shouldn't be, in my opinion. It should support land based airfields in the game. Not be a replacement for them.

I'd like to see JSF and/or F-14's for air-to-air combat, and the JSF and/or F-18 hornet as multi-role fighter bomber on the carriers.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Bob

Posted Image

#13 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 01:43 AM

Yes bob, I aknowledge your answer is correct. as I said, in PR, the Aircraft Carrier has 4 kinds of jets on it, not just raptors.
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx

#14 Jsmooth13

Jsmooth13

title available

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 02:55 AM

yeah but none of them are actually CBAs

All of them are USAF, Prototype USAF (YF-23 Blackwidow), and a "Superstition" Aircraft.

I would really like an F-14 Tomcat; an F/A-18 Hornet; an F/A-18E/F Superhornet; or the F-35 JSF to make the game actually have a CBA.

Also, the Marines have a special A-8 or somthing that can drop nukes (was created to) and i think it'd be cool for a Generals Power to be able to build 1 of these (yes, they are CBA) that can every (some odd minutes or so) drop a nuclear weapon on a target.... What do you think??

Also, if Vanguard does add CBAs it'd be cool if they could also land on regular airfields (because they actually can)

#15 Thunder_Head

Thunder_Head

title available

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 04:49 AM

They're talking about putting a buildable version into PR. Something preferably not as strong as the ZH version. The zero hour version is more like a superweapon. The buildable one shouldn't be, in my opinion. It should support land based airfields in the game. Not be a replacement for them.

I think we should kept an original ones in. But IMO, it requires 5-star gen to unlock it. Additionally, you can build JSF,NATF(it's a Navy substitution for F-14s, which look like raptors),Raptors, Super Hornets(Substitution for A-10s?) and Aurora (or some substitution). Furthermore, you should kept a quota to build ONLY 1 carrier. In other words, you can't BUILD MORE THAN 1 CARRIER!!! GOT IT?!!!! :) except for AF gen (since he has more than 1 type of carrier.)
Fun fact:
2) The anime sith lord

#16 Bismarck

Bismarck

Ineficent poster

• Project Team
  • 345 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 09:11 AM

I dont know if u guys have noiced but when a naval unit gets destroyed (for example a cruiser) all that is left of it is just a small heap of wreckage that falls under the waves. MAN IT LOOKS SO UNREALISTIC AND STUPID.

View Post

This need to fixed in Pr 8.0 if they put naval units in it.

Edited by Bismarck, 10 January 2006 - 09:18 AM.

Posted Image!
Ruler of the waves!
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

#17 mrfishy

mrfishy
  • Members
  • 21 posts
  • Projects: http://www.treasuretrooper.com/39234

Posted 10 January 2006 - 11:11 AM

gla and or milita should get some sort of demo boat thing that can blow up real big ships real easy if theres alot of them another stupid idea is that milita get civilan boats and ships like cruze ships with 50 cal placed every where on the decks lol i dont know but they need somthing also ummm no i got nothing u all got to many good ideas nothing left to say

#18 mrfishy

mrfishy
  • Members
  • 21 posts
  • Projects: http://www.treasuretrooper.com/39234

Posted 10 January 2006 - 11:27 AM

gla and or milita should get some sort of demo boat thing that can blow up real big ships real easy if theres alot of them another stupid idea is that milita get civilan boats and ships like cruze ships with 50 cal placed every where on the decks lol i dont know but they need somthing also ummm no i got nothing u all got to many good ideas nothing left to say

View Post

i dont know how to put pics next to my name if any one would like to tell plz do am i supose to send them a web site or something i dont know any help is good help as long as its help not bad coments on my newness yes i know newness isnt a word dont say anything about that or ill get vanguard on ya lol no i dont know him im im guessing its a him if its a her i dont mind anyway good luck with it and ill enjoy what ever comes

#19 Bismarck

Bismarck

Ineficent poster

• Project Team
  • 345 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 11:38 AM

You can search a pic from google and resize them at www.imageshack.us.
Then enter the url of the image to the to the edit avatar from my controls.

But back on topic.

Edited by Bismarck, 10 January 2006 - 11:41 AM.

Posted Image!
Ruler of the waves!

#20 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 10 January 2006 - 04:52 PM

I will for the last time say no aircraft carriers, it isn't possible to code right.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users