• This topic is locked This topic is locked
75 replies to this topic

#41 wolfshadow

wolfshadow

title available

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 04:07 PM

Nice Helo. The more stuff I see, the more I drool.

And Pen, for those of us who bounce around the modding scene, I can't say enough about the co-operation that I have seen between the various mod teams here... Remix/Contra/Blue Fire/PR seem to all work really well together for as long as I've been following the mods. Good to see people who can put egos aside, and get work done. I just wish I had the skills to do more than beta test stuff.

#42 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 16 January 2006 - 04:44 PM

Nice Helo.  The more stuff I see, the more I drool. 

And Pen, for those of us who bounce around the modding scene, I can't say enough about the co-operation that I have seen between the various mod teams here... Remix/Contra/Blue Fire/PR seem to all work really well together for as long as I've been following the mods.  Good to see people who can put egos aside, and get work done. I just wish I had the skills to do more than beta test stuff.

View Post

you'd be suprised, itsless skill and more work. If you check out a few tools and tutorials you'd find out what you can do real quick. Theres always a hard demand for modelers and skinners.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#43 Madin

Madin

title available

• Hosted
  • 686 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 08:54 PM

No more helix upgraded with nuke detonator? :blink:
if you suceed in balancing your mod I will personally award you a cake! ;)

#44 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:00 PM

No more helix upgraded with nuke detonator?  :blink:
if you suceed in balancing your mod I will personally award you a cake!  ;)

View Post

No more helix nuke detonators... Flying nuke bomb trucks just didn't seam right to me.

You are welcome to ask any of my alpha testers about my taste in balance. I don't ALWAYS do what they ask, but when they point out a solid balance problem I always take note of it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#45 Madin

Madin

title available

• Hosted
  • 686 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:28 PM

:blink:
The nuke general had so many different options at level 5 it bewidered me to be honest.
Your probably helping me out! I guess its why I found the nuke gen so fun, a huge array of powerful and varied tactics (key word: POWERFUL) all backed up by the best planes in the buisness. Sigh! ;)
For a team that is powerful and has little variety in tactics see: Super weapon general! ;)

#46 M.E.C.H.

M.E.C.H.

MACHINATOR

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  • Projects:B.F. MOD LEADER LEAD MODELLER
  •  mechs are teh best

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:39 PM

A new toy for Flame China.
[attachment=8269:attachment]

This model is quickly getting a little history to it.  There is a KA-65 model for BlueFire made by Grenidus.

View Post

In blue fire it will be more sleek and lighter, ut its weapons will be cutting edge :blink:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Mod Progress:
Models:----------------------------------------
INI___:----------------------------------------

Link : http://forums.revora...p?showforum=859

#47 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:48 PM

:blink:
The nuke general had so many different options at level 5 it bewidered me to be honest.
Your probably helping me out! I guess its why I found the nuke gen so fun, a huge array of powerful and varied tactics (key word: POWERFUL) all backed up by the best planes in the buisness. Sigh!  ;)
For a team that is powerful and has little variety in tactics see: Super weapon general!  ;)

View Post

Every one is gaining a wider range of play style... but the goal is to not have any one general over-powered such as nuke has been for a while.

If enough people like the detonators then they should stay, but all I have heard about them is complaints. Niether I nor any of the poeple I usualy play with use the detonators at all... none of us are much for suicide warfare. my goal is to not loose any tanks when I attack.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#48 Shandrial

Shandrial
  • Members
  • 48 posts
  • Projects:Gearing up for NWN 2

Posted 16 January 2006 - 11:31 PM

Personally I like the detonators. Tactic I usually do is build 9 of them, send all of them into your base on 3 separate approaches in a staggered wave. The first one gets in and gets killed but it takes out a little bit of your base, the next set of 3 comes in and gets a little further and gets killed and takes out more of your base, then the last set comes in and gets further still and takes out a good protion of whats left of your base. All in all it's cost effective for I just spent 18K and took out probably 50k worth of your base. After thats all said and done with I follow up with a star of bertas (a star = 5 bertas) / sorry a bit of a battle tech junkie.

Conversly if I know you have air forces I make them on the Helos instead and accomplish the same effect and Air Force general is pretty much useless if he has no air fields...

=)

Sincerly,
Alyssa

Edited by Shandrial, 16 January 2006 - 11:31 PM.

~=~ Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup ~=~

#49 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 11:56 PM

After thats all said and done with I follow up with a star of bertas (a star = 5 bertas) / sorry a bit of a battle tech junkie.

View Post

Clanner! One lance of B2s will clean up that Star!

Thats a strong strategy against the inattentive... but if the enemy sees it comming its easy to counter... just blow up one of each set on the way in.

I'll throw the question up as a vote... To detonate or not to detonate...
Posted Image
Posted Image

#50 wolfshadow

wolfshadow

title available

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 01:42 AM

I'm with alyssa on this one... I like the Detonators, but if enough people want a direct fire weapon... I'm cool with replacing it. If it's replaced, I'd like to see somthing with a bit more range than a Gatling Cannon.

#51 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 17 January 2006 - 12:55 PM

Personally I like the detonators. Tactic I usually do is build 9 of them, send all of them into your base on 3 separate approaches in a staggered wave. The first one gets in and gets killed but it takes out a little bit of your base, the next set of 3 comes in and gets a little further and gets killed and takes out more of your base, then the last set comes in and gets further still and takes out a good protion of whats left of your base. All in all it's cost effective for I just spent 18K and took out probably 50k worth of your base. After thats all said and done with I follow up with a star of bertas (a star = 5 bertas) / sorry a bit of a battle tech junkie.

Conversly if I know you have air forces I make them on the Helos instead and accomplish the same effect and Air Force general is pretty much useless if he has no air fields...

=)

Sincerly,
Alyssa

View Post

But that only works if your playing ai or a STUPID person.
I would play as the air force gen as my fav side, And your tanks would be destroyed before getting half way across the map, also u can not build with no money. Plane can be a very evil way to inflict great damage on supply lines. and with other planes hitting dozers u can sure your plan would be very hard to do aswell as very expensive lose's.

personly tho i think the nuke detonaters if they stay should have a self destruct butten, BUT personly i rather see them changed with a new more direct firing or a small area of effect weapon. The demo gen has a nuke suicide super unit i don't think the nuke gen should get it. BESIDEs i really do not beleave china would be stupid or silly enough to wast soo much cash on a tank to march it and blow up, THATS GLA tactics.
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#52 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 04:31 PM

well, Flame general is almost completely coded... I'll be moving to Nuke General now.

I've gotten good feedback in the voting for detonators so far... several good comments and lots of votes... the vast majority are against the detonators, but Creator had a good suggestion also. we'll see what comes of it after a few more days of voting, by then I'll be in a position to code up the changes.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#53 M.E.C.H.

M.E.C.H.

MACHINATOR

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  •  mechs are teh best

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:03 PM

And Pen, for those of us who bounce around the modding scene, I can't say enough about the co-operation that I have seen between the various mod teams here... Remix/Contra/Blue Fire/PR seem to all work really well together for as long as I've been following the mods.  Good to see people who can put egos aside, and get work done. I just wish I had the skills to do more than beta test stuff.

View Post

Yeah thats true... sometimes we work together, for example i work with vanguard, vanguard, gredinus works with us, and with pend...VICE VERSA, (sometimes i offered some modells to pend but i didnt got any answer, whatever i dont really care i made that move just to help a bit his work)
as for the skills you can get, seriusly LEARN SKINNING !!!! there are VERY VERY VERY few skinners that can skin from scratch ! :p
Posted Image
Posted Image
Mod Progress:

#54 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 01:29 AM

(sometimes i offered some modells to pend but i didnt got any answer, whatever i dont really care i made that move just to help a bit his work)

View Post

sorry bout that... didn't mean to not answer, I've had alot going on at home.

I apreciate the offer... its just that there arn't that many things I need that fit what you've offered. theres a hand full of units I'd like, but I've hardly gotten time to mod in the last 2 months. I'm hopping by the end of this week I' might have a bit of a chance to work on china.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#55 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 02:59 PM

So good to see that you like my suggestion about war factory specialization... Can't wait to play it! :p

#56 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2006 - 10:50 AM

Hey could you tell me an info for US and GLA for Remix 3?

#57 M.E.C.H.

M.E.C.H.

MACHINATOR

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  •  mechs are teh best

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:07 PM

what ? :sleep:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Mod Progress:

#58 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:46 PM

Under the Remix3 Suggestion area there is lots of news about USA units. Also, under the Remix Alpha 3 screen shots area there is lots of pics of new USA toys and a few china.

GLA has not been coded yet.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#59 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:34 AM

some screenies for you all to see I have been working.

The new MIRV launcher for Nuke China. it will be available to build after the MIRV upgrade has been baught at the standard Nuke Missile Silo.
[attachment=8536:attachment]

Tank bunker for nuke and tank generals. The benifit to bunkering your tanks will be high damage reduction and slow health regeneration.
[attachment=8537:attachment]

"Isotope Resaerch Lab" for Nuke china (Model by Rosco) It will serve as the Adv Tech center for nuke general and will enable the nuclear versions of most nuke china units. Also, near the base of it is the current version of the Adv Dozer for China. This dozer is standing as a temp model while waiting on a better model from Rosco.
[attachment=8538:attachment]

The Flame china defenseive line... includes all defenses available before the advanced tech center. the Smerch launcher is farther down the tech tree.
[attachment=8539:attachment]
[attachment=8541:attachment]

I'm working on a new aproach to nuke china... he will be one of the weaker generals at low level, but will become one of the most powerful after the tech centers are built. also, the MIRV is available before the supW H-Bomb, but will be more expensive, as it requires new (expensive) buildings to be built. In the short run, Nuke has an advantage, but, because of costs SupW has the stronger long run advantage in the super weapon farm.

Edited by Pendaelose, 29 January 2006 - 08:43 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#60 Monsunami

Monsunami
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 09:19 AM

OMG!! Jaw drops. So awesome. :DE016:
My comp specs: AMD 2500+ Barton cpu, Abit Nforce 7 motherboard, 1GB Kingston memory, ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB, Creative Audigy 2 soundcard, Creative SBS4.1 surround speakers, Sony CD-RW 52x49x52, Liteon DVDRW, maxtor 60GB harddrive.

Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users