• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:00 PM

[attachment=8582:attachment]
An updated model for the Tank bunker.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#62 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 31 January 2006 - 01:00 PM

Look good my dear friend, any idea on ther eat for the china alpha? i wannan play test reall bad lol.
O one question dose the smerch defence have a min range it can fire cos it would be a bitch if it fired right infrount of your line killing your own defence. so hopfuly u made it so it can'f fire at such short ranges.
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#63 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 01:48 PM

Look good my dear friend, any idea on ther eat for the china alpha? i wannan play test reall bad lol.
O one question dose the smerch defence have a min range it can fire cos it would be a bitch if it fired right infrount of your line killing your own defence. so hopfuly u made it so it can'f fire at such short ranges.

It does have a minimume range.

Another Cool development... Nuke Cannons now have deploy and mobilize buttons. All similare units with long deploy times will be getting them.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#64 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 03:10 AM

It does have a minimume range.

Another Cool development... Nuke Cannons now have deploy and mobilize buttons. All similare units with long deploy times will be getting them.

w00t :p
thats cool. cos damn its anoying the wait for them to set up
Posted Image
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#65 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 04:58 AM

w00t :p
thats cool. cos damn its anoying the wait for them to set up

it works well... I've been playing with it all day. I love to rush the nuke cannon up and dploy a big group of them all at once. Very gratifying to watch a dark cloud of shells let loose at once.

The biggest thing for me is the Tank bunkers. they were a total bitch to code. I went to Hunter for help on it because I knew shockwave had tank bunkers, and I found out they had the same problems. the good news is I was able to fix them.. and they line up proper now, and I shared the fix, but it was a severe bitch to find the fix.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#66 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 12:17 PM

sweet tank bunnkers for the tank gen = evil>.<
when they tanks get more aromr auto loaders and nuke shells i can just imagen the hell they upen up :p
Posted Image

#67 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 02:23 AM

new SuperWeapon for SupW general... was originaly intended to be a a replacment for the Particle cannon to give supw 2 unique superweapons... but I'm actualy tempted to leave the partical cannon and have both.

"Blackout" EMP missiles.
[attachment=8657:attachment]
Posted Image
Posted Image

#68 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 03:36 AM

Nice building altho that wall facing the missiles should not have windows >.>
i mean they lunch a ton of heat and flames would hit that side should have like a blast wall on it or something to protect that side of building.
Posted Image

#69 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 04:35 AM

Nice building altho that wall facing the missiles should not have windows >.>
i mean they lunch a ton of heat and flames would hit that side should have like a blast wall on it or something to protect that side of building.

I know... but these were the parts I had handy... there are few if any pre-exsisting lass like what your talking about.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#70 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 11:18 AM

It's nice, but maybe if you make the missiles smaller, and with a round nose it would be more like this "emp" thing and not a nuke missile.

#71 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 01:35 PM

It's nice, but maybe if you make the missiles smaller, and with a round nose it would be more like this "emp" thing and not a nuke missile.

Maby a new missile... but it will still be as large... each missile is a 3 warhead MIRV of EMP bombs.

Also, it got used lastnight in some multi-player... its very nice.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#72 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts
  • Projects:A new map for Remix Mod
  •  Remix Escalation Alpha Tester ,Camo Artist and part-time Mapper

Posted 02 February 2006 - 03:04 PM

It looks okay, but I would prefer some kind of silo

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#73 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 05:15 PM

It looks okay, but I would prefer some kind of silo

I thaught of that too, but SupW already has a silo.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#74 M.E.C.H.

M.E.C.H.

MACHINATOR

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  • Projects:B.F. MOD LEADER LEAD MODELLER
  •  mechs are teh best

Posted 02 February 2006 - 05:34 PM

yep....GOOD work :)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Mod Progress:
Models:----------------------------------------
INI___:----------------------------------------

Link : http://forums.revora...p?showforum=859

#75 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 07:08 PM

I know its emp but is it actuly usful?
i mean hell i would not wanna use or waste money building it then waiting for it to get ready just to emp something that will last a a very short time.
I mean u can't make it knock the power out on the ernmy for too long as that would be very unfair/balanced yet u can't make it only last a short time or else it just not worth building.

So basicly how usful is it?
The model looks nice but i have my doults bout how usful it will actuly be, specialy since u have to waste money on it first (probley a good sum off money) then wait what? 4-5 mins?
i not sure about it myself.
Posted Image

#76 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 07:34 PM

I tested it in multi-player last night. I thaught it was great.

It shuts the enemy down for as long as the general power EMP strike, about 30 seconds, the difference is it shuts down the WHOLE base, plus anything too close to the base, and maby part of the neighbor's base. 30 seconds doesn't seam like a long time... but I built 2 of them and used them back to back to keep a GLA base shut down for a whole minute... and in that 1 minute I was able to completely destroy him with airstrikes. all the sudden every aurora strike made it home, F-117s and F-14s got all thier bombs off, and I also hit with all my call in units like the MOAB, A-10s, beacon drop, and carpet bombing... all of which made it into the base unharmed and wiped it out. When the power came back up there wasn't enough of the base left to fight back.

Also, in the same round I used it on my buddy, a human player, and it ruined his day. The command center shut down meant all his powers were delayed, his super weapons were delayed, his defenses were shut down, and he only had infantry for 30 seconds. Again, it meant "Airstrike Time"

That may not be your thing, so why else would you build it? because its got the EMP and Emitter missile upgrades in it (they're no longer at the strategy center)
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users