• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 juanmanuelsanchez

juanmanuelsanchez

title available

• Hosted
  • 381 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 11:15 AM

Our idea is to add a fighter type and a Bomber type. We have the JSF wich is both. So Im thinking of leaving the JSF as a third option (and very expensice BTW) and have the other two. Or use the JSF as one type and use the most voted one as a second option.

Please tell what you think.

Thanks!

#2 ambershee

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks

• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  • Projects:Mutator Week & Unreal 3 Projects
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 20 April 2004 - 12:07 PM

If you're trying to create an aircraft carrier which lands and launches planes in the same fashion as an Air Field, then you'll likely find that it won't work. The ObjectCreationList or any other module tags appear unable to update the location of the carried units when landed and the carrier is mobile. You may need to rethink the technique that you use for this.

Friendly warning :)!

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2004 - 11:30 AM

I know I know, nice to see you here btw :)

I am trying to find a way to have the planes spawned in a RA2 fashon BUT have them some how "launched" thru animations on the AirCC as the planes will be part of the AirCC........

#4 Lt.Zack

Lt.Zack

title available

• Hosted
  • 384 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 11:31 AM

god damnit I hate this guest post thing......always forget to log in.........

#5 ambershee

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks

• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  • Projects:Mutator Week & Unreal 3 Projects
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 21 April 2004 - 12:13 PM

Haha, it's never been a problem for me :) perhaps you should adjust your cookie settings! I'm unsure of whether you'll be able to do that either, one possibility is to spawn a returning projectile object however, and I believe you can have the spawned object with a ranged weapon too. I've never tried it, but it's worth a shot I reckons.

#6 PepsiMax181

PepsiMax181
  • New Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 April 2004 - 01:44 PM

Make it work like the drones for USAs tanks, not sure how to get them to launch though.

#7 Guest_Visitor_AJsarge_*

Guest_Visitor_AJsarge_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2004 - 08:39 AM

Yes, I do know I am a guest, I have registered and am waiting for the e-mail.
In any case. For the carrier Aircraft I recomend the Super Hornet (E model) as the bomber, and the F-14 (D model) for the fighter seeing as the F-14 is supposed to be an Air supiriority fighter. And the RA2 carrier launch idea is sweet, just one thing. Have the fighter spawn on an elevator and then have the plane, and the elevator, rise. Then the plane acts just like it was on an Air Field. The only thing is that for this to happen the carrier has to be still. Or else the coding won't work. Hope that makes it in!!!(And no stealing ^_^ )

#8 Jens

Jens
  • New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 09:18 AM

what about using raptors and auroras i dont know how that will work but i have seen that in another mod once i dont know so wery much about modding anyway but it is a sugestion

#9 ajsarge

ajsarge
  • New Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 11:30 PM

Hehe, you do know that the F/A-18E is a multi-role ^_^ ? Both bomber and fighter. The F-14 is actually a milti-role, but it is more air supp... fighter. Another idea is to make the JSF a fighter-bomber unit that costs around 1750 credits. That way the JSF is the USA carrier super weapon. And thanks for using my F-14 idea!!! (or at least looking at it)

PS: The F-14 moving wings are unable to be done, so just stick them in the extended posistion.

#10 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 06 June 2004 - 11:56 PM

Honestly, maybe the answer lies not in making the carrier mobile and functional but by making the airfield mobile. Than just change models.

#11 the high dude

the high dude
  • New Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 01:09 PM

clap clap clap clap

#12 Guest_canwolfshadow_*

Guest_canwolfshadow_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2004 - 04:56 PM

I would love to see an F-14D as the fighter. F-14 has been my favorite fighter since 1986 when I first saw the movie Top Gun.

BTW, the mod looks great so far. I love the Napalm Tornado superweapon. Looking forward to downloading the finished product.

Kevin

#13 juanmanuelsanchez

juanmanuelsanchez

title available

• Hosted
  • 381 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 02:36 PM

one of our modelers though of that ... in fact I have the model. I will ask Zack if we will use it.

#14 A00Sjeban

A00Sjeban
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 07:39 PM

How about this:
4 MH 53 Transport Choppers
Add marines as units so like 50 of them can be on board the AC,as crewmen or as boys ready 4 an amphibious landing
Planes
4 S3B Vikings as anti-sub
8-10 Navy JSFs
and maybe a few Super Hornets

#15 Paladin327

Paladin327
  • New Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 02:24 AM

These ideas are good, I like the F-14 idea, and add helicopters to the carrier, like a sea king, sea hawk, or a CH-53 that carries like 8 troops to battle and possibly like an assault ship with like helicopters, harriers and troops in hover craft and im just talkin on and on and on arnt i?

#16 phyco1942

phyco1942
  • New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 09:53 AM

nlln have u got any screen shots of the air craft nlln

#17 juanmanuelsanchez

juanmanuelsanchez

title available

• Hosted
  • 381 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 11:21 AM

if you mean ingame the carrier is not coded and will not be in V5. Sorry now if you want to see how it looks like you can go to our tech tree there is a 3d view of it.

See ya !

#18 Paladin327

Paladin327
  • New Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 01:50 PM

I gots 2 more ideas, an aurorora model, but slower, and doesnt have one big assed bomb, it has 4 torpedoes, and if sea mines make it in, an E-2C hawkeye plane that detects stealth. also, how about a thing where you can select what planes/heicopters you want on the carrier

#19 Paladin327

Paladin327
  • New Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 10:51 PM

how about for the AF gen's carrier, since he doesnt focus on the navy, how about naval king raptors? hey? hey? hey?

#20 Marcjs

Marcjs

Lord Of Change

• Project Team
  • 569 posts
  • Projects:Only War

Posted 27 July 2004 - 12:02 PM

u know i dont think there adding a aircraft carrier anyway
Men who do nothing but dream should just stay in their dreams forever !!!!
Be Afraid Rodger Smith this dream isnt going to end till i bring your life to a end !!

YE GUILTY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users