• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Finaldeath

Finaldeath
  • Project Team
  • 188 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 01:29 AM

Corsix,

Do you want to inbuild a proper SCAR editor (as in, full text editor, syntax checker, syntax highligher and function index) into the program, or what are the limits you're proposing?

I can help provide a full syntax file and if you provide a way to plug in function definitions or somesuch, I can go ahead and eventually work on descriptions for them all (and work on the AI ones too I guess).

If the limit is just syntax checker and syntax highligher, fair enough :p but I'll likely still edit in textpad due to its useful functions as a text editor.

#2 LarkinVB

LarkinVB

title available

• Members
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 09:07 AM

If the limit is just syntax checker and syntax highligher, fair enough smile.gif but I'll likely still edit in textpad due to its useful functions as a text editor.

Do you know free Crimson Editor ?
It has some more functions as textpad and lua syntax highlighter too. Since you can customize syntax files it may be suited as a tool which is invoked by Corsix program.

Edited by LarkinVB, 24 January 2006 - 09:09 AM.

#3 Finaldeath

Finaldeath
  • Project Team
  • 188 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:50 PM

I had a quick look at it. Due to the fact you never have more then a couple of SCAR and NIS scripts open, and I don't need project management, I can stick with the simpler Textpad and not have to install new stuff :p

Textpad provides syntax highlighting, and can open more then one document. Maybe not as advanced, but with 1-2 files open at once, it doesn't have to be :lol:

But the main thing I need is a syntax checker/compiler, this causes some headaches for me, sigh. If it could be built into the program, it'd be great. If it could be made to be automatic (so automatically gets SCAR funciton names from included files) that'd be even better!

#4 LarkinVB

LarkinVB

title available

• Members
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:57 PM

Well, it was just a suggestion. While editing the AI I have 10+ files open most of the time. What I also really like is the 'search in multiple files' function.

#5 Finaldeath

Finaldeath
  • Project Team
  • 188 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 05:51 PM

Heh, notably Textpad can open multiple files and search in them all at once too :lol:

Good suggestion if I didn't even have Textpad however. Used to textpads shortcuts now though :p

Still, thanks :lol:

#6 LarkinVB

LarkinVB

title available

• Members
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 07:15 AM

Heh, notably Textpad can open multiple files and search in them all at once too

Damned, Textpad is good :-)

BUT has Textpad the ability to use custom syntax files ? Could be handy for Corsix project.

Ok, 'nough Crimson Editor promotion. Have a good time.

#7 Finaldeath

Finaldeath
  • Project Team
  • 188 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 11:34 AM

um, yes, which is why I use the same syntax file that is on the wiki :p

I know you never will register there, or even to access it, but its your loss, anyway: http://www.relic.com...i/DOWScar#h72-3

If you wanted, I'd add in an AI syntax file there for your program too, but maybe I'm just tempting you to adding to the wiki.

#8 LarkinVB

LarkinVB

title available

• Members
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 12:53 PM

I know you never will register there, or even to access it,

How did you jump to this conclusion. I'm already registered for more than half a year.
The RDNWiki for the AI was helpfull to get started.

Adding a syntax file would be nice but I don't see mew doing it in the near future.

#9 Finaldeath

Finaldeath
  • Project Team
  • 188 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 09:19 PM

Sorry, jumped because only thudmeizer added AI documentation when I thought the coding was also your field :lol:

The AI document might need updating with skirmish-specfic parts if you're changing the structure to make it easier for race mods ;) you know what that might mean, hehe :lol:

#10 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 28 February 2006 - 04:18 AM

Yep.. The SKirmish AI wiki/tut on the site needs updating as Arkhan has totally streamlined most of the work now in our latest builds so its even easier to write AI.
Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

#11 Corsix

Corsix

Code Monkey

• Hosted
  • 290 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI, DoW Mod Studio
  •  Blue Text :)

Posted 28 February 2006 - 08:00 AM

I suggest that the old wiki/tut be kept as an archive copy though.
Posted Image

#12 Finaldeath

Finaldeath
  • Project Team
  • 188 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 12:14 PM

Thats the good thing about wiki's, archives are stored automatically in page histories ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users