Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 22 January 2006 - 11:04 AM

Cirdan, More Models, Host Switch - 21/01/06

Since last August, I've had Cirdan tucked away in the back of my mind, but could never figure out how to add him without giving another powerful hero to the Elves. A couple weeks ago, I finally figured out how.

Posted Image Posted Image

Cirdan can be purchased from the Citadel. Though he is a powerful melee hero, he cannot move outside of the Castle/Camp/Outpost's radius. This fits in with how Cirdan faithfully protected the path to the Undying Lands. He cannot be selected and has no special abilities; as such, he is more of an upgrade to the Elven defenses than an actual hero unit.

I've locked off the original four Elven units and have given Elrond, Galadriel, and Legolas some more model/skin stuff.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Note that the model for the Spearman and Rider shields are done by Vapula, though the skins and mapping are now all mine. For logic's sake, I gave Elrond a heavy armour upgrade which gives him his armour from the Second Age. However, I've changed the colour scheme to fit with the fading season of the Elves during the Third Age. All in all though, it's still EA's creation for the most part (I did, however, add the proper chainmail to his arms). Galadriel has been given a secondary skin (it'll work just like Elrond and Arwen's random textures) based off her Grey Haven's cloak ensemble. I've changed the cloak to a shawl for animation purposes.

As a final note, I will be moving The Elven Alliance over to The3rdAge hosting in the near future. This is not a hit at gamemod in the least. As I am a staff member at T3A, it only makes sense for me to have my site there. See you on the other side!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Eldarion

Eldarion

Global nomad

• Project Team
  • 407 posts
  • Projects:MME, this and that
  •  Skinner, modeler, and coder

Posted 22 January 2006 - 11:36 AM

Fantastic, as are all your updates! :mellow:
Would it be possible for you to release another wallpaper featuring Cirdan and the Spearmen of the Havens?
Posted Image

#3 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 22 January 2006 - 11:46 AM

Amazing... really amazing, Master Celeglin...

Every time I look at your mod makes me feel bad, poor QFME :mellow:

Cirdan can be purchased from the Citadel. Though he is a powerful melee hero, he cannot move outside of the Castle/Camp/Outpost's radius. This fits in with how Cirdan faithfully protected the path to the Undying Lands. He cannot be selected and has no special abilities; as such, he is more of an upgrade to the Elven defenses than an actual hero unit.

Are you doing that via the "Slaved"-Code?

Edited by Dark Lord of the Sith, 22 January 2006 - 11:46 AM.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#4 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 11:49 AM

Would it be possible for you to release another wallpaper featuring Cirdan and the Spearmen of the Havens?

View Post

Will do :mellow: .

Are you doing that via the "Slaved"-Code?

View Post

Sure am.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Mullers_11

Mullers_11

Onlooker

• Project Team
  • 806 posts
  • Projects:Visions, The Four Ages
  •  Not active

Posted 22 January 2006 - 12:46 PM

Looking very anzzy as always Celeglin.

Oooh an upgrade to the defenses, sound very promising and interesting, keep up the good work as awlays.

Retired

#6 gandalf the grey

gandalf the grey

white wanderer

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 06:24 AM

arent you using the same skelton for cridan as for ellhior for the ra mod? by the way great skins

#7 Eldarion

Eldarion

Global nomad

• Project Team
  • 407 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 06:45 AM

Aren't you using the same skeleton for Cirdan as for Elrohir for the RA mod? By the way, great skins.

View Post

It sure looks like it. By the way, Celeglin, are you ever planning to add Elladan and Elrohir to your mod? Maybe you could have Elrond summon them (seeing as he does have a free palantir spot at the moment)? Just a suggestion, don't flame me...
Posted Image

#8 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 11:19 AM

arent you using the same skelton for cridan as for ellhior for the ra mod? by the way great skins

View Post

Nope. I'm using Eowyn's skeleton for Cirdan because she uses her shield to attack every now and again.

By the way, Celeglin, are you ever planning to add Elladan and Elrohir to your mod?  Maybe you could have Elrond summon them (seeing as he does have a free palantir spot at the moment)?  Just a suggestion, don't flame me...

View Post

When have I ever flamed you? *gives Eldarion a lolly* Having them as a summon from Elrond is exactly how I plan to implement them; just probably not for the initial release.

Edited by Celeglin, 23 January 2006 - 11:21 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Eldarion

Eldarion

Global nomad

• Project Team
  • 407 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 02:32 PM

*sucks on lolly* ^_^
The "don't flame me" comment wasn't directed at you, Celeglin, but at those who like to flame people. ;)
Posted Image

#10 LoRd |DaRkN3sS

LoRd |DaRkN3sS
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 06:29 PM

Hi i'm a new member and i have just seen ur trailer and ur new screeshots , they're fantastic; u are doing a very beautifull mod ;) ^_^ ;)
When do u think that it will come out for play ??? And for play do i need of bfme2 beta test ????

#11 ched

ched

• Undead
  • 4,431 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Previous Division Leader

Posted 24 January 2006 - 05:24 PM

the mod is for BFME I, and will therefore not require a BFME II beta
Software is like sex; it's better when it's free ~Linus Torvald

#12 |MeMw|Elessar

|MeMw|Elessar

The Hobbit Expansion Pack Modeller/ Co-Leader

• Project Team
  • 399 posts
  • Projects:The Hobbit Expansion Pack, |MeMw|The MOD!, MHD, MME, MHD: The Prelude

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:02 AM

i have a question on your guys with the shields they have the blue on htem if im not mistaken (shich i very well could be) didnt Gil Galad have the blue shield and regular elves were gold?
w00t the mighty leader TKelly has returned!
Eldarion a blessing to The Hobbit Mod
Posted Image

#13 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 11:21 AM

i have a question on your guys with the shields they have the blue on htem if im not mistaken (shich i very well could be) didnt Gil Galad have the blue shield and regular elves were gold?

My concept behind the Spearmen of the Havens was that they were a sort of "memorial troop" in memory of Gil-Galad. As such, you can see much of Gil-Galad's colour scheme with them, as well as the basic design of the shield.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 thursti

thursti

Ruler of No One, Slave of Many

• Project Team
  • 359 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 02:48 PM

thoughtful *clap clap*

#15 |MeMw|Elessar

|MeMw|Elessar

• Project Team
  • 399 posts
  • Projects:The Hobbit Expansion Pack, |MeMw|The MOD!, MHD, MME, MHD: The Prelude

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:09 AM

ah thanks for the insight
Posted Image

#16 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2006 - 04:23 AM

It seems this mod isn't far from it's first FULL public release... Very complete and professional... Supposedly much better than the EA elves.... And that damn Glorfindel... =D
Shouldn't have missed the beta..... *Slaps self*
OMGdz, I should really register, I've been a window poster for too long.... =P

#17 |MeMw|Elessar

|MeMw|Elessar

• Project Team
  • 399 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 12:26 AM

i think that was a compliment is so then uh thanks
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users