10 replies to this topic

#1 Prodigy

Prodigy
  • Members
  • 48 posts
  • Projects:Projects? I'm too lazy
  •  Huh?

Posted 22 January 2006 - 10:03 PM

IF you had the power to go back in time, what would you have changed in your life?

I would have changed quite a few things. First off I would have never quit guitar lessons, and I would listen to my parents and go to a great school in London and never move to Russia. You guys?
Favorite Artists:Blink 182, Sum 41, The Offspring, 2pac, Prodigy, Nirvana, Fatboy Slim e.t.c
Treat everyone the same untill you find out that they're an idiot
God kills the ones that love life, but spares the ones who hate it...

#2 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts
  • Projects:War Games Moderator (UNSC), Dragon Slayers Moderator (Link)
  •  You want a piece of me boy?

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:50 PM

I would be careful about messing with the timeline. You tend to change things not just for yourself, but everyone who knew you and everyone who knew them. Plus, you never know if that's actually going to make things better for you. I'm happy in the present, but I wouldn't mind seeing a few things in the past... as long as I have an invisible and completely silent spaceship to fly around in to look at things.
Posted Image

#3 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:54 PM

I have been through some hard times, but I would not go back to change it. It has made me who I am today. We learn. There's this saying "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger". Plus, if you have never been unhappy, how do you know what being happy really feels like? If you have never been ill, would you know the feeling you have just after recovering from your illness and feeling great again?

#4 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 24 January 2006 - 01:03 AM

I agree with Blaat85, word for word.
Besides, there's the uncertainty, Chaos theory and the grandfather paradox. If I went back and stopped my girlfriend dying, how do I know something worse won't happen? Saving her may be leading to something else, and this may stop me from ever existing to go back and save her...), and timeloop (if it becomes possible in the future to travel back through time, my future self probably has, as will I in a loop forever, thus changes being made are my past already, and If I tried changing things they'd be the changes made already)
Dispite that, and answering your question, and making this a bit longer, <clears throat>, <procrastinates>, the one and only thing I'd change, is, saving my former girlfriends life.

Edited by Jeeves, 24 January 2006 - 12:52 PM.

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#5 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 24 January 2006 - 06:49 PM

Me? I'd not change a damn thing. Except maybe take a couple of the missed opportunities, talk to myself and give myself a bit of confidence. I wouldn't change masses of history, I'd just try and give myself some confidence. Mostly because I hate who I used to be.

That's why I hate photographs of myself, thinking about the past or anything like that.

I didn't exist before a year and a half ago. That's as easy as it is for me.

#6 Calamity_Jones

Calamity_Jones

Boomers Disposable Minion

• Project Team
  • 2,399 posts
  • Projects:Only War 2
  •  The Lurker-Turned-Poster-Turned-Lurker

Posted 25 January 2006 - 10:24 AM

we define ourselves through our experiences, we develop and mature through what we experience, if we were to change things, we simply wouldn't be who and what we are. If we feel down and shit, there's always that happiness to aim for again, and if we removed the bad experiences in our lives we wouldn't be able to put the good ones into perspective.

Edited by Calamity_Jones, 25 January 2006 - 10:25 AM.

Posted Image

#7 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 12:10 PM

I don't mind that. I'd rather be as I was; happy. Since JC died, I've only changed for the worse, a depressed obnoxious pessimistic bastard instead of a cheerful loving 'charming' british 'gentleman'
Hence, if I could change it, I would.

#8 Calamity_Jones

Calamity_Jones

Boomers Disposable Minion

• Project Team
  • 2,399 posts
  • Projects:Only War 2
  •  The Lurker-Turned-Poster-Turned-Lurker

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:47 PM

As I said, "there's always that happiness to aim for again, and if we removed the bad experiences in our lives we wouldn't be able to put the good ones into perspective." I imagine you had great times with that former girlfriend, these current bad times will put that into perspective, and there is the chance to be cheery again, something to aim for. If you just wallow in the past you'll get nowhere. The past has happened, but you can still shape the future.

incidentally, I'm not one of these helpless optimists... It's good to have a balance of pessimism and optimism, too much of either is bad... :p (though I'm utterly determined to not be miserable..)

Edited by Calamity_Jones, 25 January 2006 - 04:52 PM.

Posted Image

#9 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 12:39 PM

You're right :)
I guess I must have been happy before I'd even met her, so happiness must exist without.
Its hard though, its taken months just to realize I'll never see her again ;)

#10 Prodigy

Prodigy
  • Members
  • 48 posts
  • Projects:Projects? I'm too lazy
  •  Huh?

Posted 30 January 2006 - 01:39 PM

Losing someone you truly love is a terrible thing. Personaly I haven;t lost anything extremly precious to me, but I have quite a few friends who have...

Some went crazy, others fell in depression.

I know that I'm just 14 and that I haven't seen even a fraction of what you guys have seen but when someone close to me is in a state of depression, it makes me sad also...
Favorite Artists:Blink 182, Sum 41, The Offspring, 2pac, Prodigy, Nirvana, Fatboy Slim e.t.c
Treat everyone the same untill you find out that they're an idiot
God kills the ones that love life, but spares the ones who hate it...

#11 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:36 PM

Its quite natural. When you see someone suffering badly most people feel terrible.

As for changing time. I wouldn't change a thing. I'm here as i am now because of the choices i made, the rights and the wrongs. If i didn't choose those choices i wouldn't be who I am now, learning what i am now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users