Photo

NEW GENERALS/CHANGE SOME STUFF

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#1 FlareBlade

FlareBlade
  • Members
  • 46 posts
  • Projects:failing horrably at making a 2 player mission........
  •  semi NOOB^_^

Posted 22 January 2006 - 11:56 PM

there are to many generals points lessen them a little bit cause it just seems...crowded with all those points, and or make the generals goto higher levels like 7 star or 9 star, and or add to the cost of certan promotions, like higher, or better promotions costing more generals points.

milita needs more promotion types...but not to be overpowered with them, also needs some main type of anti air tank, i like the sneaky feel to them like they steel units out of the blue make units come out of nowhere in ur base, some new abilities could be, a unit steeling ability where u use it once from a promotion(using somthing simular to the bomb truck looking like a unit)and permanently u can build that unit...for the price of the unit + some sort of steeling fee :p

a usa defencive general...able to add a 25% armor boost to anything for a cost of 2000$, and use it over and over again, mabye a 15% boost, like u have a super wepon and its really damaged u want to kill ur oponents superwepon but his will be ready first, and you have no dozers left, u got lots of money and power, u both have nothing to attack with but a sw,sooo u pay 2000$ and take like a min to add 25% armor to ur sw, then u click it again for another 25% boost but it costs 4000$ this time, then u add another 25% boost but it costs 6000$. see what im talkin about a basic idea and u can build a general around that :)

all gla factions buildings/defences need added defence for the building hole when something is destroyed, it is more realistic to the way gla always comes back quickly from an attack

#2 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 22 January 2006 - 11:59 PM

No new generals are being added, going to new rank levels is impossible. As for the abilities those are staying, the points for now are staying the way they are now.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#3 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

• Members
  • 1,586 posts
  • Projects:00 Nobody Maps
  •  Mapper and Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

Posted 23 January 2006 - 12:02 AM

Ok, just because you're new, and don't know, adding more factions/generals would take up one of the 8 or so upgrade slots left, and VG can only add so many forces. as for generals points, I had to create my own little mod to increase the amount I get, just because I don't get enough. as for the militia, they aren't stealth-types, they're, quote, "Oh no! there's too many of em! We're gonna be overrun!". they're more of the "Massive Numbers and rushes" force. for the GLA Hole, those aren't meant to be invincible, just capable of building replacement for free. and finally, even though there are mods that say the give you more ranks (like 6 or 7), they really don't. some mods do, but it involves some serious work. in other words, PR 8.0 might take 3 more months if a 6th or 7th rank was incorperated. not worth the time.
00 Nobody Maps and Missions
Desert Legends RPG C&C's ONLY
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx
Operation: The Dragon's Den
Construct additional pylons. No, seriously. The power's out. Those power lines are overloaded. WE NEED MOAR PYLONS!

#4 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 23 January 2006 - 12:09 AM

No it's not the upgrades, it's that there arn't anymore AI slots left. And giving more ranks is impossible, it's hardcoded, really all they do is just alter the gen power window to show that there are 5 levels which there are, but there arn't anymore then that.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#5 Ace22

Ace22

Commander of all that is toast

• Project Team
  • 2,773 posts
  • Projects:War Games, War Games mod
  •  War Games Recruitment officer

Posted 23 January 2006 - 12:10 AM

Actually it's in the source code about how many gen ranks there are. You can't change that without going on the other side of the law.

#6 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 12:13 AM

oooh, then one of the mods I've played can get sued...
forgot the name though...
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx
Construct additional pylons. No, seriously. The power's out. Those power lines are overloaded. WE NEED MOAR PYLONS!

#7 ZeroSamuraiX

ZeroSamuraiX

ZSX

• Members
  • 1,091 posts
  • Projects:Her
  •  The last spam fighter

Posted 23 January 2006 - 12:21 AM

actually i like all the generals, adds diversity
leave it
No heat no happiness
Posted Image

#8 FlareBlade

FlareBlade
  • Members
  • 46 posts
  •  semi NOOB^_^

Posted 23 January 2006 - 12:22 AM

............................................................................................*sigh* ok ok u shot down everything there, i serously need to go figure out how all this stuff works, im better with maps...not mods, but there is a very small thing with...i think all or most of the generals, when you look at a units pic. for whatever ur wanting to build then click it the unit that is building on the, building screen thingy is different then the unit pic.

ill go look at all the generals again then come back and tell you which ones they are...well only if u dont see it as unnessicary.

#9 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 23 January 2006 - 12:33 AM

There are a few, forgot what units or buildings they are, I just havn't gotten around to doing cameos for them yet.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#10 Guest_????????_*

Guest_????????_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2006 - 12:42 AM

what if you had a contest for people to make cameos for different units u need(see mod discripton) :)

#11 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 12:44 AM

How's about we simply take a screen shot of it? like, the hovertank cameo would be a pic of a hovertank with its turret turned. I know this has been done for the quad (swarm of em going through desert).
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx

#12 Jsmooth13

Jsmooth13

title available

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 02:18 AM

isn't that what happens anyway usually??

#13 FlareBlade

FlareBlade
  • Members
  • 46 posts
  •  semi NOOB^_^

Posted 23 January 2006 - 02:26 AM

i kinda like the idea of people compeating over who can make the best cameos n stuff besides u guys do sound like u got alot of work...oh and i would have told you the missing cameos...well there not really missing they just need tweeking...but my internet shut down and by the time i figured out that the cord just got unpluged i lost the paper i wrote it down on ;) but ill just be back n tell ya...not that its that helpfull...or is it...well u could do the testing urself...U GUYS ARE MAKING THE MOD...wait...aww who cares ill do it anyway...i might not be on for a bit though ^_^ ;)

Edited by FlareBlade, 23 January 2006 - 02:30 AM.

#14 crave22

crave22

sup dawg

• Project Team
  • 4,295 posts
  • Projects:Feeding Myself to a Koala
  •  Retired RPG Guild Staff

Posted 23 January 2006 - 03:03 AM

Actually, Vanguard, Bob, and Karl are the official mod members. We just submit ideas, and in the case of Nobody, Jsmooth, and TEG, make and test maps.

Other than that, we just watch and wait for the mod to be released. ;)

Edited by crave22, 23 January 2006 - 03:05 AM.

Posted Image

#15 Jsmooth13

Jsmooth13

title available

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 03:06 AM

there are others on the staff, go to the homepage (link in my sig) and click on staff to see all the staff members

#16 crave22

crave22

sup dawg

• Project Team
  • 4,295 posts
  • Projects:Feeding Myself to a Koala
  •  Retired RPG Guild Staff

Posted 23 January 2006 - 03:08 AM

That page hasn't been updated in ages. Bob, VG, and Dragonfly, are, to my knowledge, the only active members on Project Raptor on that list. Karl seems to be missing from it.

EDIT- Oh, and I believe I've seen Drunken Penguin around lately, too.

Edited by crave22, 23 January 2006 - 03:11 AM.

Posted Image

#17 Ace22

Ace22

Commander of all that is toast

• Project Team
  • 2,773 posts
  • Projects:War Games, War Games mod
  •  War Games Recruitment officer

Posted 23 January 2006 - 03:14 AM

Yeah, he was here about three weeks ago.

#18 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 23 January 2006 - 04:23 PM

Whoever ??????? person is show me some of your work both modeling and cameo....you interest me with your questions. As for the Hover Tank, and most tech units I am already doing their cameos.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#19 Karlos Vandango

Karlos Vandango

I Post Every Second Of My Life

• Project Team
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Beta Tester Project Raptor
  •  The Posting Maniac

Posted 23 January 2006 - 06:09 PM

yea we need cameos
Posted Image

#20 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts
  • Projects:War Games Moderator (UNSC), Dragon Slayers Moderator (Link)
  •  You want a piece of me boy?

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:17 PM

I've seen additional ranks added. The Boss Gen mod. There are at least 9 ranks, maybe ten, and they all work. You get promoted as usual from one to five, one number up at a time, then you go another up to six, then seven, then eight, then I forgot if there is a level nine before it says Boss General as your rank. Anyway, the point is that it is possible to increase the number of ranks. And this comes with a little mod selector, I highly doubt that's possible if you have to hack the game's engine.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users