#1 Samael

Samael

Living life to the fullest

• Project Team
  • 1,477 posts
  • Projects:Living my Life the right way
  •  Baller

Posted 24 January 2006 - 07:54 PM

This topic is about all the conspiracies out there, I only know a few but if any of you Revorains know any do tell and we shall discuss.

So lets begin. The Moon landing, does anyone believe we Americans landed on the Moon in 1969?
This is a yes no answer but give a good reason why you think so or why you think not.

#2 ComradeJ

ComradeJ

Comrade Jamgee

• Project Team
  • 2,067 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert: ReGeneration

Posted 24 January 2006 - 07:58 PM

I do think the Moon landing was real. If not, the russkies would've said it wasn't.
You cannot compare pissing to thinking
- SoulReaver

#3 crave22

crave22

sup dawg

• Project Team
  • 4,295 posts
  • Projects:Feeding Myself to a Koala
  •  Retired RPG Guild Staff

Posted 24 January 2006 - 08:31 PM

I don't think the first landing was real, but the ones which came after that were. Just think: we had to get to the moon before the Russkies. I figure that the tech was there, but not ready. So, they faked the first one, but actually landed for the other missions.

Besides, did anyone notice how perfect that camera angle was for the first landing? The camera appeared to be perfectly in place before the first man stepped out and said the famous line. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it just seemed too perfect.

Edited by crave22, 26 January 2006 - 02:59 AM.

Posted Image

#4 NeoPickaze

NeoPickaze
  • Project Team
  • 19 posts
  • Projects:LibertyThreat

Posted 24 January 2006 - 09:52 PM

Well, i'd like to think it was real, but by comparison technology seems so limited back then.

I guess I accept it as a fact. But it's hard when you have that niggling doubt that really all the US and Russia were doing is proving who had the best intercontinental nuclear missile technology by fighting to get a 'missile' to the fastest moving target around the planet... the moon.

#5 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  • Projects:The Third War, Ares, misc side projects.
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Leader
  • Association

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:38 PM

Also, was the American flag not 'blowing in a breeze' during the film of the landing
Posted Image
Posted Image
Job Openings with the Guild: Division Staff, News Posters.
Job Openings with Ares: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.

PM if interested.

#6 ComradeJ

ComradeJ

Comrade Jamgee

• Project Team
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:37 PM

I've seen a documentary on that, if you look real closely, the d00d actually touces the flag, but it keeps waving for a while because there's no drag.
- SoulReaver

#7 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 25 January 2006 - 08:33 PM

You know that the flag was plastic, right?
Posted Image
My Favorite Website.My UniversityAnd... Mein Kampf?
C. elegans for President

#8 Soulreaver

Soulreaver

I think therefor I piss

• Project Team
  • 704 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 11:54 PM

There is a theory that they did land on the moon but the cameras and films didn't do well in those extreme conditions and they had to re-film it all on earth for that propaganda effect. I mean event of milenia and your pictures are screwed up...
Posted Image

ComradeJ: "Who could've suspected the New World Order involved whales?"

#9 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts
  • Projects:War Games Moderator (UNSC), Dragon Slayers Moderator (Link)
  •  You want a piece of me boy?

Posted 25 January 2006 - 11:55 PM

Not actually plastic, it ahd a wire in it, same idea tho that it was just sitting there stiff because there's no wind on the moon.

My mom knew someone who was working on the lunar landing project. Trust me, it was real.

Camera could have been something else they dropped in on their way down to give the media something. Or maybe it was on the military ship the government never told anyone about... Or they just lied about who took the first step on the moon. Or Neil is actually the dude behind the camere, who's to say who's talking with those big sun visors down where you can't see their faces?
Posted Image

#10 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 26 January 2006 - 12:03 AM

Or maybe the prophecy is true... maybe... maybe Bryant Gumbel was the first person on the moon...
Posted Image
C. elegans for President

#11 crave22

crave22

sup dawg

• Project Team
  • 4,295 posts
  • Projects:Feeding Myself to a Koala
  •  Retired RPG Guild Staff

Posted 26 January 2006 - 03:00 AM

Or maybe it's just what Soulreaver said. :)
Posted Image

#12 Samael

Samael

Living life to the fullest

• Project Team
  • 1,477 posts
  • Projects:Living my Life the right way
  •  Baller

Posted 26 January 2006 - 08:18 AM

Alright it seems this went off on a good start now you guys can continue this but here is another one.

UFOs(space ship from another world), yes it has come to this. This topic is always has its dark backaround, so are they real or is the gov't testing new weapons that we seem to catch on camera. If they are real why is it they only appear in certain areas of the world(Heck I never saw one and we have alot of clear nights) but if they are not real then why do people report about it claming they did see a UFO. So same again if they are real give a reason but if not still give a reason.

#13 Soulreaver

Soulreaver

I think therefor I piss

• Project Team
  • 704 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 10:03 AM

They are real as drug halicunations are and as people are stupid enough to think that everything that shines is an UFO.
Posted Image

ComradeJ: "Who could've suspected the New World Order involved whales?"

#14 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Association

Posted 26 January 2006 - 10:54 AM

I remember reading somewhere that it's actually America testing craft powered by Zero Point Energy (anti-gravity sort of), but they can't reveal any of it because it would collapse the world economy, fossil fuels would become useless.
Posted Image
Posted Image

PM if interested.

#15 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 26 January 2006 - 12:32 PM

But not revealing it would make no sense. If the US were to hold sole production rights and not give out any information, it would both make the US economy soar with no dependence on fossil fuels and the Middle East and would make other economies fall, simply because the US would be the sole supplier of energy in the world. If they have the technology, they would have revealed it. That could be trillions of dollars worth the information.
Posted Image
C. elegans for President

#16 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 26 January 2006 - 12:32 PM

;) Now there's a conspiracy theory and a half :)

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#17 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Association

Posted 26 January 2006 - 03:22 PM

But it is apparantly really cheap to make, so if they were to reveal it, some poor country could get hold of the plans and make their own ZP power, removing their reliance on fossil fuels, but most of the G8 countries rely on their exports of fossil fuels, e.g. Britain and Russia rely on their natural gas exports. So those countries would lose an awful lot of money.

EDIT: But then again I haven't finished reading this book on it yet, so I don't know the full story behind it. Also, they haven't got a reliable and working system to produce energy from it yet. All their attempts at power production have failed as yet from it, with the minor exceptions of some small unmanned aircraft (UFOs). This has been going on since WW2, which explains the Roswell crash, it was a test flight of a ZP craft, but it went wrong and the craft crashed, that's why the FBI got all of it away so quickly before most people found out about it.

EDIT2: If anyone here's ever watched Stargate Atlantis, you'd have a better idea of what I'm taking about, the ZPMs in it, they use the same type of principle as what I'm saying

Edited by Nighthawk200, 26 January 2006 - 03:29 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

PM if interested.

#18 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 26 January 2006 - 04:15 PM

Getting back to reality now. We are not and no where near the tech level to constuct anything that manipulates the graviton, as it is not only a theoretical particle. No one can isolate it to my knowledge. It's the stuff of tomorrows legends.

It is known that such a theoretical particle operates the same way as magnetism and electromagnetic forces do.

This would not only invole creating an artificial dense mass that creates enough gravitons to do such a thing but then you'd have to have it creat anti-gravitons so it repels and does not not attract. We haven't even conquered anti-matter and it's been created decades ago.

How much artificail-density mass would it take to repel the gravity of the earth? A crazy amount... We still use chemical fuel engines to get out of the atmosphere.

Does a dense antimatter mass create anti-gravitons? Until you can create enough to create an once to measure it from, how can you tell. We can keep antimatter alive for nano-seconds till it merges and destroyes itself.

We are 100's years away from ZG tech...

#19 ComradeJ

ComradeJ

Comrade Jamgee

• Project Team
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 04:32 PM

Besides, if people wanted to keep us using oil, why is there so much money pumped into the nuclear fusion-project?
- SoulReaver

#20 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 26 January 2006 - 05:14 PM

Quite. When it happens, though, fusion will revolutionise power...chances are just one or two stations could power the whole planet.

As Spencer said, if the USA did get that energy, they wouldn't keep it to themselves. They'd advertise the fact they had it and supply it to the populace, effectively ruling the world by virtue that the rest of it eats out of their hand.

Back to UFOs, there is no doubt in my mind that extraterrestrial beings exist, nor that among them there is sure to be a form of life as advanced as, or more advanced than, humankind.

Their being hampered and bound by the same rules of space-time as us would lead me to conjecture that there's no way on God's Earth they'd be able to contact us for the same reason we can't contact them. We simply can't get the message out far enough, nor send an envoy. If it takes light four years from the nearest star (Alpha Centauri) to Earth, think what it would take any organism in a spaceship travelling at sub-light speed.

It'd take centuries just to pop next door, let alone to a far-reaching arm of the galaxy in the hope of finding a foreign civilisation. Short of making a spacefaring city which drifts endlessly (and is frought with dangers such as other celestial bodies, revolt and revolution, disease, the inevitable famine, etc), there's no hope of doing it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users