Heard of the game Savage before?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Cyclone7

Cyclone7
  • New Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 02:47 PM

I've played loads of Natural Selection. It's alot like Savage, except based in in the future with Marines and Aliens.

Commanding other humans is much fun, even when thay don't follow orders  :)

Yeah natural Selection is pretty popular with several of the Savage players. I'm a big fan of the Aliens movie, so NS is definately my kinda game!

Even though people don't always listen, with voice comm it's nice to be able to tell people to go do something rather then have to click them and interupt something your working on. But you definately get people who piss you off by not listening to you and doing there own thing! It's definately interesting to work with actual independently thinking minds rather then just AI.

Clan matches are pretty fun for Savage as well since the entire game is base on good team work.

#2 Cyclone7

Cyclone7
  • New Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 05:49 PM

I was just curious about who here has every played or even heard of Savage before. I am pretty active in the game, and we have a fairly small community over there.

It appears there are several of you out there that are fanes of C&C, so I'm assuming we have some RTS fans here. Ever wonder about a game that combined both RTS and FPS? Ever wanted to command real people instead of AI. That's what you basically get with Savage.

Though I'm not a huge fan of the back story or the game theme, the game play just rocks! It's an amazingly fun and adictive game, at least I believe so. They have a demo out for the game. You can get at s2games.com.

Anyway, I just wanted to find out who's played it and who hasn't. And if you haven't maybe it at least sounds interesting to you.

#3 the high dude

the high dude
  • New Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 10:14 PM

reviewed by max pc i saw it

#4 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  • Projects:Dayvi.com
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 21 April 2004 - 10:53 PM

I've played loads of Natural Selection. It's alot like Savage, except based in in the future with Marines and Aliens.

Commanding other humans is much fun, even when thay don't follow orders :)

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2004 - 06:17 PM

I play Savage also and I'm working with Cyclone7 on a game mod. I definetly love savage but there are a couple of things that bug the heck out of me, that I think can be done better. Hence we are making a mod.

Anyways there is a free demo you can download and play 2 maps. Thats how i got started in savage anyways.

#6 shenaniganz

shenaniganz
  • New Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 09:40 PM

oOoOo!!! NS is my fav. HL mod. by far and if you havnt yet, get v.3 beta3, combat is supurb! there is nothing better than killing the entire team as they spawn as a skulk w/ cloaking and focus...or killing that skulk w/ a level 3 damage shotgun and mines :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users