82 replies to this topic

#21 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 04 February 2006 - 08:19 AM

Lag source is known - it is AI. But I don't know how to fix it yet. I hope I'll find a way.

#22 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 04 February 2006 - 06:25 PM

Perhaps it's unfixable. Multiple AI did consume a lot of computer resource. It might depend on EA to fix this or it'll never be fixed.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#23 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 04 February 2006 - 08:13 PM

Lag source is known - it is AI. But I don't know how to fix it yet. I hope I'll find a way.

the AI is also the source of most of the crashes.

I have plans to attempt new AI from scratch. I've been looking over the scripts and I think most of it can be done with a third as many scripts.

It would be a simpler AI, rellying more on numbers and simple repeating scipts, but it might run much more smoothly while remaining challenging. complicated AI is fun, but it does eat up the system and is still no substitute for a human player.

I've not tried the new AI yet, so it might bomb completely, but I think it might be the best hope.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#24 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2006 - 12:41 PM

"AirF Genereal:
Tomahawk Storm instead of Particle Cannon"
I would like to hear the reasoning behind this, cause i think particle cannon was fine. Good for taking out essential base defences, and then rush in with you mighty air force! :rolleyes:
But Tomahawk could ofc do the same, but i fear you are going to put a very long count down time on it, right?

Beside that - great updates! We would like a little more updates for GLA tho (demo and stealth). ;)

Mvh

#25 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 03:40 PM

The reason is in weakness of cyber general and in generals themes. Cyber one have Fafnir armed with plasma blasters. Why don't give him particle cannon that use similar tech and similar graphic effect? Also it will slightly strengthen him. At the same time, air force general have to rely on planes and missiles. It is his style.

#26 Taran

Taran

Ukrainian Cossack

• Project Team
  • 133 posts
  •  Contra spem spero! - Без надії сподіваюсь!

Posted 15 February 2006 - 11:04 AM

New Satelite for SatHackIII for China.

sshot038.jpg

TO CRIATOR: Mail me FASTER!!!

Давай быстрей пишы мейлы! А то я узнаю обовсем последний, давай работу над моделями! Я смогу улучшить некоторые модели скажы какие я добавлю лишних 300 полигонов но модель будет лучше смотрется. И сделай список для каких юнитов сделать Халки и Дебрисы. Я жду!

<+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++>

How do work Shield Generator?

My idea:

Lazer, particle cannon, plasma ans all other non-material weapon, ECM tanks deal small damege.
But plased on bilding -1 from power.

Work by ARMOR APGRADE, and draw-on sferical shield on a bilding.

But one problem for gud shepe ned 800 triangles for a model!
Posted Image

#27 Guest_Wookien_*

Guest_Wookien_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2006 - 12:09 AM

The reason is in weakness of cyber general and in generals themes. Cyber one have Fafnir armed with plasma blasters. Why don't give him particle cannon that use similar tech and similar graphic effect? Also it will slightly strengthen him. At the same time, air force general have to rely on planes and missiles. It is his style.

Talkning about "his thing". I dont think a tomahawk "storm" is the AirF generals thing. His strategy and style is more like small but precise attacks. What about giving him a single powerfull cruisemissile with a relative short countdown time. Perfect for taking out essential stuff, to open up for an air assault. The cruisemissile could be half price a normal super weapon. Would be very much in the AirF generals style.

I think the Superweapon general has it to, as a second superweapon?

#28 Cboidy8888

Cboidy8888

title available

• Project Team
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 04:32 AM

"-Improve AI"

ahh crap

i am not great at playing generals myself and the Contra 004 ai usaully slaughters me... :(

(yes i know i suck but still... its not too fun if you can rarely get past rank 2 while the AI is at rank 5 and launching scuds and such at you while you just have a few scrap heaps)

oh but great work on the mod, it find it very enjoyable graphically

Edited by Cboidy8888, 19 February 2006 - 04:33 AM.

#29 Guest_Wookien_*

Guest_Wookien_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2006 - 01:46 PM

Try playing turtle on Normal, with a powerful defensive general. That was how i learned it.

#30 Cboidy8888

Cboidy8888

title available

• Project Team
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 09:19 PM

ive tried playing turtle and ive tried attacking, ive only won once or twice against an easy :(

when i send in a large attack force, they end up getting beaten back and in a matter of seconds i find lots of generals powers used on my base...

when i play defensive, they simply take it out with a behemoth attack force and even though ive killed like 50 tanks i'll find myself a 2 star general and after they kill but a few defenses i find them at 3 star and get dominated

#31 ShadowofaDoubt

ShadowofaDoubt

Psychotic Psion

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  Resident Psychotic Psion

Posted 20 February 2006 - 04:56 AM

ive tried playing turtle and ive tried attacking, ive only won once or twice against an easy :(

when i send in a large attack force, they end up getting beaten back and in a matter of seconds i find lots of generals powers used on my base...

when i play defensive, they simply take it out with a behemoth attack force and even though ive killed like 50 tanks i'll find myself a 2 star general and after they kill but a few defenses i find them at 3 star and get dominated

Don't feel so bad. I can't take on a hard even if I wanted to. I turtle a lot and the best way to learn is to avoid generals who use/have artillery while some don't have them, like tank general or if you want mroe of a challenge, robot general.

Try to download/find maps that are setup for long turtle battles. I find that the map 'Defensive Tactical' and 'FFA $$$ online' are great maps to play on. Just cover all your entrances with base defenses. Avoid using chinese generals as they are hard to turtle with until you get a feel for the A.I.

Me, I generally turtle war using SW gen and set up rows of patriot missle systems if I seriously want to turtle. She gets stratagy center earlier than all other USA gens so abuse that.

#32 Red Alpha

Red Alpha
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 01:10 PM

i suggest u now finish 0.3 remix and put it online before u make plans for 005

#33 Gredinus

Gredinus

Weapon of mass destruction.

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  • Projects:Remix3 Support
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 20 February 2006 - 01:36 PM

ummm remix is made by Pendaelose and contra is made by creator.

Posted Image

#34 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 20 February 2006 - 02:12 PM

Gredinus said it pretty well... although there has been a whole lot more team work on Remix3 and Contra.05. Many more of my units are being used Contra and Creator is helping work on units for Remix. I think it has been very good for the growth of both mods.

At the pace I'm working right now, contra.05 will be done first, but that likely just means more content for Remix3 when it comes out.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#35 ChaosPrime

ChaosPrime
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 03:10 PM

So do I. I love Contra but it lags so badly. But that’s enough criticism from me ^_^. Could a make a suggestion for a Superweapon for the Aircraft generals?

#36 REWENGER

REWENGER

N00B Inquistor

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • Projects:Planing to make my own mod
  •  Forum Writer

Posted 20 February 2006 - 03:19 PM

So do I. I love Contra but it lags so badly. But that’s enough criticism from me ^_^. Could a make a suggestion for a Superweapon for the Aircraft generals?

just sugest if you want. :lol:

#37 ChaosPrime

ChaosPrime
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 03:30 PM

Uses the Circle bit of Particle cannon for superweapon itself. Fires a beam that does not damage building or units but it is a targeting beam for several aircraft say 8 King raptor, 8 Stealth bombers and 4 Auras and a B2-Spirt stealth bomber that drops a MOAB that come from off the map. The beam can be moved like Particle cannon for re-targeting buldings or units. ^_^ Crazy but i think cool idea.

Edited by ChaosPrime, 20 February 2006 - 03:31 PM.

#38 Cboidy8888

Cboidy8888

title available

• Project Team
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 03:39 PM

that would look odd firing from a massive structure dont ya think?

how bout a secondary superweapon, a massive anti-air cannon like a "stonehenge cannon" from ace combat 4?

#39 ChaosPrime

ChaosPrime
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 03:52 PM

that would look odd firing from a massive structure dont ya think?

how bout a secondary superweapon, a massive anti-air cannon like a "stonehenge cannon" from ace combat 4?

??? What do yuo mean buy odd firing? The only thing that the superweapon fires is the targeting beam that looks just like a Partical cannon beam. But yes another weapon for defence would be a good idea.

Well im going for a bit to play ROTR. Cya later anyone thats here at the moment.

#40 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2006 - 04:48 PM

Nonono Dont give the Airf General a planeraid as super weapon. Planes can be shot down, and will. The enemy knows that he/she is against the airforce general, and will for sure build massive airdefense. The Airforce general needs a precise cruisemissile :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users