Unit Formations

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Olorin_*

Guest_Olorin_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2006 - 01:52 AM

Are the Mirkwood Scouts going to have a toggleable Skirmish formation? By the way, your mod is awesome.

#2 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 28 January 2006 - 12:32 PM

Are the Mirkwood Scouts going to have a toggleable Skirmish formation? By the way, your mod is awesome.

It will not be exactly like the normal Skirmish formation (it'll be a little more interesting, if I can get it to work). As a further note, Knights and Riders will have toggle wedge formation and Spearmen will get a toggle shield wall. Thanks for the question/comment!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2006 - 07:20 AM

Also, i was just wandering, maybe you could make Cirdan selectable (so you can make him target the desired enemy) and make him have a couple of powers but still make him stay within the sight range of the outpost/camp/castle. i was thinking for the powers: maybe something to do with Narya, the Elven ring of fire, cause in the books it is said that he kept the ring for Gandalf while sauron was still about. I'm just making a suggestion.

#4 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:28 PM

Also, i was just wandering, maybe you could make Cirdan selectable (so you can make him target the desired enemy) and make him have a couple of powers but still make him stay within the sight range of the outpost/camp/castle.

I don't think coding that would be possible. If it was, I would so do it ^_^ .

i was thinking for the powers: maybe something to do with Narya, the Elven ring of fire, cause in the books it is said that he kept the ring for Gandalf while sauron was still about. I'm just making a suggestion.

Where on earth did you see that? He kept the ring for Gil-Galad and later gave it to Gandalf when he arrived from across the sea. I don't remember him ever taking it back.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2006 - 05:14 AM

Ok he probably did keep it for Gil-Galad (my bad), but i think after Gandalf arrived Narya was supposed to go to him but because Sauron was still around Cirdan kept it until the Dark Lord was destroyed. i think that's how it goes.

#6 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 02 February 2006 - 03:09 PM

Ok he probably did keep it for Gil-Galad (my bad), but i think after Gandalf arrived Narya was supposed to go to him but because Sauron was still around Cirdan kept it until the Dark Lord was destroyed. i think that's how it goes.

nope, wrong answer. we must send you home with the crappy 10$. to bad, you could have won a million$

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#7 Guest_Olorin_*

Guest_Olorin_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2006 - 05:09 AM

Just one last thing, are you able to make the hobbits mountable, eg. Pippin can mount Gandalf when he's on Shadowfax, or Merry mounting Eowyn when she's mounted, and so on and so forth. It would just make the game a bit more realistic, like the Charge of the Rohirrim in the siege of Minas Tirith Merry was mounted with Eowyn (a.k.a Dernhelm).

#8 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 09:53 AM

*sigh* Wasn't planning on it, but I guess I should :huh: .

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Boy_suicide

Boy_suicide
  • Members
  • 226 posts
  • Projects:Projects of some kind.
  •  Blue Text! YAY!

Posted 06 February 2006 - 08:09 PM

And if you do, can you make it so that the hobbits aren't invincible when also mounted like they do on other mods? :S

#10 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:02 AM

what about hobbits being mountable on ents?

#11 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 02:02 AM

what about hobbits being mountable on ents?

I don't think I'm going to bother. Trying to keep non-essential non-elven stuff to a low.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 02:41 AM

o well i guyess u cant ask for everthing, even more when it is just 1 or 2. :blink:
Posted Image

#13 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2006 - 04:35 AM

okay, this is a bit offtopic for the elves but i'm a gondor player and i think that the gondor soldier formation should be for the gondor archer battalion as well. would you be able to squeeze that in as well?

#14 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 11:01 PM

okay, this is a bit offtopic for the elves but i'm a gondor player and i think that the gondor soldier formation should be for the gondor archer battalion as well. would you be able to squeeze that in as well?

Not sure I'm following you. If you mean giving the Gondor Archers a block formation, then no. Sticking archers close together doesn't realistically make them more defensive. Furthermore, Gondor's Archers have been so boosted by patch 1.03, they really don't need the extra defense.

Edited by Celeglin, 22 April 2006 - 11:03 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users