Photo

GLA in Remix3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
106 replies to this topic

#21 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 02 February 2006 - 01:20 PM

Looks good pend, BUT i do not agree with giving the gla such advance jets like the mig29 falcrum i would rather them get more out of date obserlet aircrafts.
THIS is a terroest faction they use what they can get but i doult that they could get such advance aircrafts that are not really oberslet yet.
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#22 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 02 February 2006 - 01:32 PM

Looks good pend, BUT i do not agree with giving the gla such advance jets like the mig29 falcrum i would rather them get more out of date obserlet aircrafts.
THIS is a terroest faction they use what they can get but i doult that they could get such advance aircrafts that are not really oberslet yet.

I want to shift some of the style away from "Terrorost group" and toward "3rd world army" that gives them alot more breathing room for what they can use.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#23 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts
  • Projects:A new map for Remix Mod
  •  Remix Escalation Alpha Tester ,Camo Artist and part-time Mapper

Posted 02 February 2006 - 04:05 PM

Hey Mirage F-1 are widly used in 3rd World Countries, also like Migs and I think in C&CG storyline the Mig-29 will be widly used

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 02 February 2006 - 07:10 PM

mirages suck so i don't really care if they get that myself.
Migs are used alot BUT the mig29 falcrum i don't beleave any third world country uses them.
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#25 wolfshadow

wolfshadow

title available

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 08:14 PM

Copy and Paste from GlobalSecurity.Org

The MiG-29 is a widely exported aircraft, flown by Iraq, Iran, North Korea, India, Syria, Cuba and Afghanistan, as well as Czechoslovakia, East Germany and Yugoslavia. Aside from MiG-29 basic version B, other modifications of the MiG-29 family, such as MiG-29SE, MiG-29SD, MiG-29SM and MiG-29SMT, can be offered to customers. Moreover, the MiG-29 fighters operated by customers can be upgraded to the level of the SE, SD, SM and SMT versions. The MiG-29UB aircraft and its modifications are manufactured by "Sokol" Joint-Stock Company of Nizhny Novgorod.

I see about 6 nations that have been know to sell weapons to terroristson a regular basis, and another 2 that used to.

Now, I would still rather see some of the 60s era stuff, rather than the MiG-29, bt that's me. Might be appropraite for the assault gen to have them.

Edited by wolfshadow, 02 February 2006 - 08:17 PM.

#26 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 08:35 PM

The MiG-29 is a widely exported aircraft, flown by Iraq, Iran, North Korea, India, Syria, Cuba and Afghanistan, as well as Czechoslovakia, East Germany and Yugoslavia. Aside from MiG-29 basic version B, other modifications of the MiG-29 family, such as MiG-29SE, MiG-29SD, MiG-29SM and MiG-29SMT, can be offered to customers. Moreover, the MiG-29 fighters operated by customers can be upgraded to the level of the SE, SD, SM and SMT versions. The MiG-29UB aircraft and its modifications are manufactured by "Sokol" Joint-Stock Company of Nizhny Novgorod.

I see about 6 nations that have been know to sell weapons to terroristson a regular basis, and another 2 that used to.

Now, I would still rather see some of the 60s era stuff, rather than the MiG-29, bt that's me. Might be appropraite for the assault gen to have them.

I can second that... I think it would be a good one for asault General.

I think that one, plus the L-24 they currently have, plus the one Creator posted a pic of will make a very full and capable list for asault GLA. Chem still could use fighters on par with Assault, and might share in use of one or 2. I want Chem also to be much more of an army and less of a terrorist group, as with asault.

I want to have Demo and Stealth be the srappers, bringing out the old skool weapons and IED roadside bombs etc. Demo GLA is still getting the Mig-19 and Mig-19I from earlier Contra/Remix versions... those should be way plenty old enough.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#27 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:04 AM

Did you saw my post? It's about homemade explosives... I think they fit the GLA style perfectly. In my point of view, Demo general need this sort of stuff: "new" technology, instead of using "nuke" things....

Edited by Gilgamesh, 03 February 2006 - 11:40 AM.

#28 Thunder_Head

Thunder_Head

title available

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • Projects:none(seriously)

Posted 03 February 2006 - 01:22 PM

Hey that's my reason WHY MIG-29 is the Best plane that SUITS GLA assault. Additionally there are more 3rd world countries that use MIG-29. I've just got the list of MIG-29's users and the conflict that this jet involved, which mostly 3rd vs. 3rd world coutries conflict.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mig-29

Some facts on SU-27 that I've found on wikipedia
copy+paste from Wikipedia

Production and users
Around 680 Su-27s were manufactured by the USSR, and 400 are in service with the Russian Tactical Air Force. Of the CIS member states, Kazakhstan has around 30 and is due a further 12 under agreement; Belarus has, possibly, 20; Ukraine has around 60; Uzbekistan perhaps 25.

The Russians presently plan to upgrade their aircraft to the Su-27SM standard, which will include a glass cockpit and a change to digital FBW. The radar is to be upgraded with a phased array (most likely Pero) allowing increased range. The self defense and navigation suites will also be upgraded, as well as an attack suite. They hope this will be completed by 2008.

China received 26 in 1991-92 and a further 24 in 1995-96 before signing an agreement in 1998 for licensed manufacture of 200 as the Shenyang J-11. Vietnam has twelve and has ordered a further 24. Ethiopia has 8 Su-27A and 2 Su-27U. Malaysia has ordered 18 Su-30MKM in 2003 worth US$900 million and expecting deliveries in 2006. The Su-30MKM is equipped with the latest missiles to include a variety of the AA-10 missiles, AA-12 and AA-11 as well as complete range of air to ground weapons to include guided and unguided missiles and bombs. Malaysia's aircraft comes equipped with canards and thurst vectoring engines for high agility. Indonesia has 2 Su-27 and 2 Su-30KI. About six went to Eritrea, eight to Angola, and 20 to Syria. Iran is interested in purchasing 40 Su-27 to complement the dwindling numbers of US aircraft and complement the existing fleet of MiG-29 and Su-24 Fencers After years of negotiations, India finally ordered 50 Su-30MKI aircraft with more powerful AL-31FP engines, advanced avionics, canards, and thrust vectoring. Hindustan Aeronautics has a license to manufacture up to 140 additional aircraft through 2020.

Recently, the US Navy was rumored to be interested in obtaining the Su-27, possibly to replace F-14 Tomcats in service with aggressor squadrons (which have played the role of flankers). So far, this seems to just be a rumor, as the US Navy has already planned to buy F-35s to replace the role of the F-14 Tomcat, and eventually the F/A-18 Hornet.

Hey, Pend what's a purpose of MIG-29? I'm just wonder. but if you want this mod to be SERIOUS original I suggest Mirage 3/5/50/2000/4000 for inceptor or fighter bomber since the French airforce almost decomissioned(aka. replace with new aircraft) them. ;) Also, I am agree with Drake's ideas to put mirage F-1 in since no one use it. Additionally Super Endard should be a bomber for GLA assault or someone else

Edited by Thunder_Head, 03 February 2006 - 01:29 PM.

Fun fact:
1) Named after the Osean AWACS in Ace combat 5
2) The anime sith lord
3) Anakin is the best Jedi
4) His favorite faction in SW:Empire at war is the Galactic Empire
5) Always change signature

#29 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 02:55 PM

Hey, Pend what's a purpose of MIG-29? I'm just wonder.

It would be as a multi-role fighter. Similare to the Raptor, Anti-Tank/Interceptor.

There are tons of aircraft that could be added, but of them all I really think the Mig-29 sounds best. Most of all because its currently in use by the factions that I am using as a role model for assault and chem GLA.

I've thaught about bombers for GLA, but I think adding aircraft at all is a big step for GLA... I think real bombers might should be left to just AirF USA... If I were going to add another anywhere in the game it would be to one of the China factions, probobly Flame or Infantry.

Did you saw my post? It's about homemade explosives... I think they fit the GLA style perfectly. In my point of view, Demo general need this sort of stuff: "new" technology, instead of using "nuke" things....

I am embarased to admit I didn't see it... I usualy don't miss a post... I don't know how I missed it.

The homemade explosive is definatly interesting... I'll consider it, but I also really like the HE upgrade as it is, and I've got no problem with Demo getting a nuke. After all, my worst worry is suicide bombers with nukes, it seams apropriate they stay in game as such.

In respons to the stingers in the same post. I've thaught before about giving an upgrade to the stinger site to add more troops. I had been thinking about it as a faction wide upgrade, but the garrisonable is so much more apropriate in alot of ways. for one, infanry are so cheap now, and the squad training makes it so you can garrison almost instantly... a very good option for anyone wanting cheap defense. Also, it makes it so you can have a mixed force. Additionaly, the Stingersite would no longer be the primary defense site. It would be an aditional site, such as the bunker for china.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 Thunder_Head

Thunder_Head

title available

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 03:17 PM

Hey, I'm not asking for a BIG bomber like B-52,B-2 or what so ever. I am asking for smaller bomber like A-10,yo. Hey what do you think about SU37 Terminator or SU47 Berkut for China (sorry for out of topic.)
Fun fact:
2) The anime sith lord

#31 Thunder_Head

Thunder_Head

title available

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 03:55 PM

Sorry for double posting, I've post some image to enlighten pend for what I'm talking about:
First, SU-47 (aka.S-37) Berkut
Posted Image
Then, SU-37 Terminator
Posted Image

PS. All the pics I've load up is can be DL as wallpaper in your PC. Credit to the previous owner I've forgot where did I get it ;)
Fun fact:
2) The anime sith lord

#32 wolfshadow

wolfshadow

title available

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 05:18 PM

Nasty idea: Suicide bombers that have a suitcase nuke... basically suicide bombers that go off like a nuke artillery shell. Mebbe a level 5 Gen power for demo gen, or a superweapon.'

nice Sukhoi's... I like the SU-37... Mind you, I like a lot of the Canard aircraft.

Edited by wolfshadow, 03 February 2006 - 05:19 PM.

#33 Thunder_Head

Thunder_Head

title available

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:22 PM

nice Sukhoi's... I like the SU-37... Mind you, I like a lot of the Canard aircraft.

Yeah I've alot of canard aircraft pics. feel free to DL more of them in Blue Fire Forums. I have plenty of Canard. I am too lazy to upload here.
Fun fact:
2) The anime sith lord

#34 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 10:22 PM

SU-37 Terminator
Posted Image

PS. All the pics I've load up is can be DL as wallpaper in your PC. Credit to the previous owner I've forgot where did I get it :)

beat you to that... II've already got a model for it and have plans to include it for Flam and Infa
Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts
  • Projects:A new map for Remix Mod
  •  Remix Escalation Alpha Tester ,Camo Artist and part-time Mapper

Posted 04 February 2006 - 08:59 AM

Ok I have some other idea
I would suggest not the oldest planes but not the newest
And here are my suggestions:
A-4 Skyhawk(The newst Model today)
F-20 Tigershark (also neweszt version)
Then Mirage Aircraft series
J37 Viggen, cause they are getting out of service and are still powerfull intercepters
Su-39 Frogfoot
Mig-29 Fulcrum
Then Su-24 Fencer
perhaps the Su-27 Fencer
For Choppers
I would suggest the Mi-24 Hind
The Mi-8 Hip
The Defender/OH-6A Cayuse
and perhaps the french Gazelle

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 7th_Panzer

7th_Panzer

Crushing opponents since 1980.

• Project Team
  • 2,341 posts
  • Projects:War Games
  •  Chief Wargames Referee

Posted 04 February 2006 - 09:05 AM

Pend, if you want to switch the GLA from a terrorist organization into a 3rd World Army, may I offer these suggestions?

1. Truck mounted rocket artillery: cheap, rugged and capable of firing a variety of rockets (for, say, the different sides) at very high rates
2. Autoloader for their tanks: would increase rate of fire, giving GLA tanks more teeth
3. Air support craft people have been discussing
4. Helicopter, I would say the Mil-24 HIND
5. Exocet missile technology (would of course have to be adapted for land warfare, but would give the GLA a weapon comparable to long-range, high power artillery)
6. BMP infantry fighting vehicle
7. Upgrade infantry damage (assume better training and equipment)
8. Towed artillery pieces, probably in the 105-155mm size
Posted Image

- "7th 'I'm not evil!' Panzer

#37 Gredinus

Gredinus

Weapon of mass destruction.

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  • Projects:Remix3 Support
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 04 February 2006 - 01:27 PM

Assault and chem will be more modern not demo.
Chem shuld get a chemical upgrade that would work like the bunkerbuster upgrade (aka kill infantry eaven in china bunkers).
A replacment for his toxic tractor would be nice to (stealthed & beather armored).
For the advanced dozer just use assault gens battle dozer.
For his main battle tank a upgraded maraduer would fit (with acid ammonition).

Posted Image

#38 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 03:50 PM

Lots of good suggestions... especialy for aircraft. As you can all imagine... there is NO WAY I can use ALL those planes... even AirF doens't have that many.

Overall it looks like everybody wants capable, but not overpowered aircraft, helecopters, and more tanks.

I'll see what I can do :huh:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#39 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 09:32 PM

Think of the "black market" term: to me, having a black market means that you can buy and sell stolen products and technology prototypes.
Now take this idea, and mix with the strategy center, where you can choose one strategy out of three.
The result is a special black market, where you can choose from three technologies to use. The technologies would be like "basic tanks", "infantry weapons" and "experimental prototypes".
You must choose ONE of the three, and to switch between there is a BIG delay, like 5 minutes.
The effects os choosing one is:
- if you choose "basic tanks", you would get cheaper tanks
- "infantry weapons" means that the infantry you build will be better armed/armored
- "experimental prototypes" would give your specific side technology a boost. Like: you are the toxic general, so your acid-tanks would get a boost on their damage/range, and stuff like that.

You can adapt this idea to be a side-specific building, or change the choices to better balance, or even make the money-generate thing change with your choices.

#40 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:23 PM

Think of the "black market" term: to me, having a black market means that you can buy and sell stolen products and technology prototypes.
Now take this idea, and mix with the strategy center, where you can choose one strategy out of three.
The result is a special black market, where you can choose from three technologies to use. The technologies would be like "basic tanks", "infantry weapons" and "experimental prototypes".
You must choose ONE of the three, and to switch between there is a BIG delay, like 5 minutes.
The effects os choosing one is:
- if you choose "basic tanks", you would get cheaper tanks
- "infantry weapons" means that the infantry you build will be better armed/armored
- "experimental prototypes" would give your specific side technology a boost. Like: you are the toxic general, so your acid-tanks would get a boost on their damage/range, and stuff like that.

You can adapt this idea to be a side-specific building, or change the choices to better balance, or even make the money-generate thing change with your choices.

VERY intersting idea.... ... I'll have to see how feasable that is.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users