215 replies to this topic

#1 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 04 February 2006 - 08:59 PM

I've already got several ideas for new generals powers, but I' need a couple more for specific spots and more ideas never hurt,

New powers for china already Planned, some already finished...

Nuke: Flight of the Dragon. similare to A-10 strike, a wing of IronDragons strafe the area with thier cannons. Replaces Frenzy.

Nuke: Uranium Dust. Replaces Neutron bomb. Same function, to kill massed infantry and light vehichles, similare radius of effect.

Infa: Reinforced Squads. Available at lvl1. Squads are built with 7 men instead of 5.

Infa: Paradrop4. Available at lvl5, is a few times larger than the Para-drop3

Infa: ECM Bomb, Moved from tank to Infa.

Tank: Tankdrop4. Available at lvl5, much larger than tankdrop3.

Needed powers...

Flame has gotten no new powers, it would be nice to get some suggestions.

Because of some technical deficulties wioth the deploy buttons, nuke china will loose the Artil veterancy power, and needs a new first lvl power. something pasive would be nice, but a simple call in, or promotion type unit is an option too. If no suggestionis are given I might just give lvl1 frnezy back as a lvl1 power.

tank is loosing the ECM bomb power is being taken and given to infa china, so Tank has an open slot for a new power.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#2 ShadowofaDoubt

ShadowofaDoubt

Psychotic Psion

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  Resident Psychotic Psion

Posted 04 February 2006 - 09:07 PM

Maybe flame general could have a gen power which is akin to a napalm-based carpet bomb? That'd be cool if its not already there

And maybe a flamethrower troop-based paradrop?

#3 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts
  • Projects:A new map for Remix Mod
  •  Remix Escalation Alpha Tester ,Camo Artist and part-time Mapper

Posted 04 February 2006 - 09:51 PM

I would suggets a carpet bombing with phosphor boms, mixed with napalm and so on so it has some nice effects

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 10:02 PM

I would suggets a carpet bombing with phosphor boms, mixed with napalm and so on so it has some nice effects

His carpet bomb is already flame based.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#5 Logical2u

Logical2u
  • Members
  • 58 posts
  • Projects:Chucking random mod ideas around.

Posted 04 February 2006 - 11:16 PM

Early nuke, instead of getting the upgraded units, maybe he could get a small cash bonus from, say, a "Exported Goods" generals power.
He sells nuclear waste to small developping nations to make quick cash. Four minute cool down, one thousand dollars in goods.

Flame early on could get a Firebat type unit bonus (Built from Barracks but with decent armour, burst flame type weapons).
Middle flame could get a tactical missile strike (one level, one missile) that creates three small firestorms in a triangle formation around the strike zone.

Late Tank could get a production speed bonus or perhaps a generals point towards a "Super Unit" that creates an EMP effect in an area every two minutes... this would improve the effectiveness of his tanks since he could disable attack forces and defenses.

My ideas are nowhere near as thought out right now.

#6 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 05 February 2006 - 12:47 AM

I try and come up with some shorty but i not really thinking much right now.
I do not think just a level 1 frenzy and thats it is worth it in my opion frenzy has always been a gen power i think is only worth having it u get it at level 2/3. Level 1 of frenzy sucks and never lasts long enough or boost them enough.
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#7 Plasmablast

Plasmablast
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 07:57 AM

First off wanted to say hi to all. i love your mod and the Project Raptor mod. Well any who i have a few idea not many. For flame general can you make like falling rain useing the particle beam just have it look like fire from the sky. Maybe have a huge dragon tank that can shot fire in a cricle while moveing and have it shot fire balls. For GLA something kinda werid but for a super weapon have them drop demo troops and when the hit the ground they go well BOOM!! I was wondering For infantry you could get ride of black lotus and add hero that have a anti hipower tank rifle. for mine could it be flames instead only thing set on a timer. Kinda like the fires storm. For flame general have a 3rd level of flame red, blueish/purpleish, 3rd be a green/blue flame. well thats what i have so far hope they helped. ;)

#8 REWENGER

REWENGER

N00B Inquistor

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • Projects:Planing to make my own mod
  •  Forum Writer

Posted 05 February 2006 - 03:05 PM

i know this is a bit offtopic but i thinked on dragon helicopter like the dragon tank in the sky, an upgrde to black napalm like the infantry general's patrotism upgrade

#9 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 03:30 PM

Early nuke, instead of getting the upgraded units, maybe he could get a small cash bonus from, say, a "Exported Goods" generals power.
He sells nuclear waste to small developping nations to make quick cash. Four minute cool down, one thousand dollars in goods.

Interesting... I dunno though, he already as Cash hack... I think it would have to be one or the other. Good idea though.

Flame early on could get a Firebat type unit bonus (Built from Barracks but with decent armour, burst flame type weapons).

Flame already has "Dragon Infantry" they use dragon tank style flame throwers...

Middle flame could get a tactical missile strike (one level, one missile) that creates three small firestorms in a triangle formation around the strike zone.

I like this one alot. This will make it in game.

Late Tank could get a production speed bonus or perhaps a generals point towards a "Super Unit" that creates an EMP effect in an area every two minutes... this would improve the effectiveness of his tanks since he could disable attack forces and defenses.

Tank already is getting war factory specialization, it will speed up production alot. Maby a cost reducing power... I like that. It could work very well.

EMP is a two edged sword... it would disable all his own units also... He is getting some new tanks, some very big. I don't think another is really needed.

I do not think just a level 1 frenzy and thats it is worth it in my opion frenzy has always been a gen power i think is only worth having it u get it at level 2/3. Level 1 of frenzy sucks and never lasts long enough or boost them enough.

You're prob right on that, but that would also be why its a lvl1 power.

For nuke, what about moving the repair power to lvl1 and have it with baught upgrades, like tank general?

i know this is a bit offtopic but i thinked on dragon helicopter like the dragon tank in the sky, an upgrde to black napalm like the infantry general's patrotism upgrade

I've added the KA-70F, it uses lots of flame missiles. If you REALLY want a stream of flame from a chopper load dragon infantry into a helix.

That gives me working powers for Flame and Tank, but I could still use more suggestions, and Nuke still needs a lvl1 power.

What about a power enabling China Drones... Creator made a few drones for china, they're coded up and ready to go, but they wern't used... If no better suggestions are made, this is what I'll use.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Logical2u

Logical2u
  • Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 03:58 PM

Hmm
Cash is not so good...
Maybe a new infantry unit for nuke would be good then?
Give him an early infantry seige unit? Like say a mortar trooper? Or maybe expend a generals point to get a red gaurd with a portable retaliotor cannon?

Those sound really stupid in retrospect...

Maybe for early Nuke, since he's supposed to be a rush general, he should get some way to make his units loads faster. The Frenzy is good, but rather than force him with Frenzy 1 at level 3, maybe give him something like, "Remove Control Rods" at level one, which double his units speed and attack power but makes them "Overload" like a Nuclear Reactor?

Thinking of others for nuke is a little hard. Maybe he SHOULD get the drones... but they should be low tech suicide drones since China shouldn't have as much experience with them. And only available on his tanks, rather than on defences too. When they explode, they explode with the Nuke Crusher Explosion?

-Logical2u
Ps: (I didn't know that Flame had the Flame Stream Infantry, I thought he still had the Modern Reactive Flamethrower)
Ps 2:

This will make it in game

(W00t!)

#11 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 06:59 PM

Thinking of others for nuke is a little hard. Maybe he SHOULD get the drones... but they should be low tech suicide drones since China shouldn't have as much experience with them. And only available on his tanks, rather than on defences too. When they explode, they explode with the Nuke Crusher Explosion?

-Logical2u
Ps: (I didn't know that Flame had the Flame Stream Infantry, I thought he still had the Modern Reactive Flamethrower)

He has both flame thrower and dragon infantry.

I'm going to use the drones Creator has already made. I've seen a flame thrower, a gattling, and a propoganda drone. I don't know if he made any others.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 06 February 2006 - 09:53 PM

Four China drones are completely functional: Flamethrower, Propaganda, ECM and Gattling ones. Just enable build buttons.

#13 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:46 PM

Could nuke gen get a gen power that lets u upgrade your retaliators (1 by 1 like the us powerplants) that give them more range or armor penatrating rounds, or something like that?
Posted Image
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#14 Hydra

Hydra
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 11:07 PM

How about a nuclear mine drop?

#15 Logical2u

Logical2u
  • Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:01 AM

Already coded.
Actually, in Contra the Mine Drops are upgradable. The Nuke gen gets neutron mines from it at level 5(If I remember correctly), the flame gen gets FAB mines at level five, and I think both Infantry and Tank get EMP mines at level 5.
These mines replace vanilla Chinese BOOM mines.

To Pheonix:
Interesting. A sort of "Drone" that modifies the turrets of the retaliator...
They're already pretty kick-ass already tho. Those upgrades should have a downside in order to balance it out mb?

#16 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 01:07 AM

not really a drone, more like some form of range upgrade or some new ablity like a overlord gets add on's And no retaliators have been weakend quiet alot, they do alot agest infantry but armor can easly pound past them.
I not saying to make them over powerd just a way to make them more uniqe.
Posted Image

#17 ShadowofaDoubt

ShadowofaDoubt

Psychotic Psion

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  Resident Psychotic Psion

Posted 07 February 2006 - 05:33 AM

early nuke gen could get a nuclear powered war factory gen power that speeds up building times, maybe. But causes a violent nuclear explosion if destroyed. Or is that too cliche'?

Nuke general could get an infantry unit that sprays nuclear radation at its given target, sort of like a flamethrower unit so I assume the same logic/coding could be used.

Or maybe red guard units fire a small amount of nuke radation in every shot, like that toxin shells upgrade the GLA has...

#18 Logical2u

Logical2u
  • Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 11:34 AM

1. When I said drone, I meant it in the way that each american Patriot can be upgraded with a different helper. Just an individual upgrade the annuls the other ones.
2. I didn't know about the Retaliator Nerfing, thanks!
3. Nuke Gen gets nuclear bullets for red guard and nuclear shells for tanks in Contra 4.
4. I don't know why, but I like the Nuclear War Factory Idea... hmm...
Generals point to permit it mb?... set it up as an individual upgrade... When damaged into the red it leaks radiation, explodes like a nuclear reactor (Until the Stability Upgrade)... and it lowers cost or speeds up production.

5. The building clearer seems like a logical idea. He IS the rush general, he needs early antibuilding/anti-anti-armour infantry. Maybe it should only be buildable after the warfactory though. (To show the fact that it needs nuclear waste?)

-Logical2u

#19 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:06 PM

The building idea is cool i like the idea also when it is in red leaks radiation, but i think the blast should be more volitial(sp) than the powerplants, maybe a slity bigger blast radias to make it a building that MUST be defended well.
I do not think it should incress build times, tank general already gens that and that is more fitting for the tank general, BUT lowering costs maybe a good idea.

Yes the retaliator was nerfed the nuke gen is about assult not defence so it is ment to be good agest light armor and infantry now but it can be blow through.
I actuly did not mine a modular upgrade defence i mean u build a normal retailator and u get like 2 or 3 choise on it, Like incressed range, More shot power, and say maybe a armor or repair upgrade. It would be like a drone on a US vehical u can only choose one opsion, This would only be unlocked if u choose the level 1 skill to unlock advance retaliators.
I think there should be 3 diff upgrades added to the retailators model tho if u added this. (more of an astesic(sp) pref)
Incressed range could add a small radar ontop.
Incressed firepower could add a third barrel to the center, Or change the lay out so the barrels form into a triangle like a new barrel in center and the 2 side barrels slide in under the new one making a triangle.
And the incressed armor/repair would simply make it take more hits to incress the time your defence line can hold the enermy, or if it was repair upgrade it would simply repair over time not too fast but not too slow.
Posted Image

#20 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 01:27 PM

I'm going to be re-describing several of the generals... Nuke china really ins't the "Rush" general any more... he's much more the "Research" General. He starts weaker than most. has a longer tech tree than most. By the end of the Tech tree he is super powerful, but it takes about 6 minutes longer to get there.

Nuke no longer STARTS with nuke warheads in migs or artillery, The red gaurd, nukebullets is gone, the nuke tank hunters arn't available at the begining. The Isatope Research Lab (Tech2 Center) has the nuclear amunition upgrade (same icon as nuke bullets) It costs 6K, and takes 5 minutes to research. It upgrades Migs, Infernos, Nuke cannons, and Tact Missile Defense from HE warheads to Tact Nukes. It also unlocks the IC-NukeCannon and the Nuclear Tank hunters. The NukeAmmo + nuke silo gets you a Bertha. At the nuke silo there is an upgrade for the MIRV that allows your adv dozer to build the MIRV silo.

The retaliator has been nerfed down in almost every version, and it's STILL the strongest basic defense around. From Contra .3 to .4 I think itwent down about 30%. And for .5 is planed to be less effective vs tanks. Being that it is so strong, I chose not to give nuke any modular defenses. I think instead of an adv retaliator upgrade, an adv defense research upgrade, that makes them into foundations with 4 or 5 turret options would be cool. This combined with the drones upgrade would make some hard decisions at lvl 1.

The war factory upgrade is cool, but almost the same thing is planned for Tank china, and its going to be his big specialty.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users