#1 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 10 February 2006 - 01:47 AM

Hmm well, I’ve been very busy modding the last two weeks so not much to talk about except work...

Lets see:
The biggest thing I worked on would be the Brandenburg Gate, took me about a week to make but was time well spent I think, I also started on a new (the third one) map of Berlin to put it on.

I redid the paved roads too, there not so dirty/pixelated now. I also made a new tile set that makes large horizontal/vertical roads possible & the ability to go from a say a 3 cell wide road to a 6 cell road etc, which is very handy for urban environments like Berlin.

I also made a (new) Bf-109, Sexton, Char2C & did some work on a few other voxels. I did some more voxels for Blitzkrieg too (A22, M26, Kv-1 & Is-2). It’s fun working freehand on smaller scale stuff again, the time needed for some of the D-day voxels can really wear me out sometimes.

In anime news: (Play.com had a sale ;) )

Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobasi Vol.4
The last DVD in the series & it gets weirder every minute. The second to last episode is especially fecked up, it’s just one long piss take of Hollywood films with the characters acting out scenes from films one after another. For example the main characters teleport in like the Terminator at the beginning & leave in the car from Back to the Future at the end.

Fruits Basket Vol.1-4
Play was selling these really cheap so I got the whole series. It’s based on a top selling girl’s manga in Japan so it’s really mushy & emotional (my sort of thing then Posted Image ). I won’t bore you with a long drawn out description of what it’s about...

Ghost in the Shell: SAC 2nd Gig Vol.1
I was a bit disappointed with the end of the 1st Gig, seamed a bit like over kill to me (lots of big guns tho!). This new series looks very promising with a more antiterrorist edge to it instead of being about hackers & corrupt politicians, this is only the first volume tho so time will time.

Millennium actress
Satoshi Kon’s latest film & the best in my opinion. It’s a stunning masterpiece of animation that I’m kicking myself about not getting sooner. It’s the life story of actress Chiyoko Fujiwara shown threw the making of a documentary about her. I really like the reality or humanity to this film, it’s something that Satoshi Kon seams to be a genius at. He makes stuff that you get completely drawn into & cant help but feel the pain & joyfulness along with the characters as they stubble threw the often complex plot line. :p

I also got Amelie, Taxi & Taxi 2 my three favourite French films. Love Actually (fav British film) & Azumi (jap film based on a manga)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 maggot

maggot
  • Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 09:56 AM

i'd love to see some screenshots too! like you said: it's been a while... (maybe E-1000 or the Berlin map???)

it's great to hear you've done so much though, i think the end-result will blow our minds

dunow anything about manga, but Taxi is idd a very good film, the original that is, don't even mention the American version...

off-topic (& going on a limb once more): i ordered my copy of The First Decade yesterday, now i have to wait till next thursday..., but then i'm ready for betatesting... :)

Edited by maggot, 11 February 2006 - 10:20 AM.

#3 Az3r^

Az3r^

Resident Fan Boy/Tester

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Nothing Atm .
  •  Oldbie Slacker since August 03

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:44 AM

ah he's Alive !

good to hear you've got some D-day work done , cant wait for Screenshots :)

i know Play.com got a sale on and im skint ( disaster !!! ) so i gotta wait tilll next week to purchase some new stuff,
and hmm ill look into Millnnilim Actress, as i like the animated moves ( spirited away etc )

i have to wait a while for the UK release of First decade :( , but im still able to beta test due to having YR etc anyway
Quotes :
Paradox @ Ali - "And what the fuck would you know? Ever been? Oh no, sorry, your map says 'HERE BE DRAGONS' anywhere outside of your rock"

#4 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 10 February 2006 - 02:35 PM

The new site is taking a lot longer then I thought it would to finish, when it is finished tho it will have tons of new pics.

Edited by Mig Eater, 10 February 2006 - 02:37 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 maggot

maggot
  • Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:33 PM

during the week i check this site like a bizillion times a day (haven't got anything else to do other than to look for a job),
so i'm anxiously waiting for an update... and 24 hours pass very slowly if you're waiting... :) i wish i could mod too...

didn't want to stress you btw, it's just: thursday i get my FDP, and i'm eager to play some mods, and this is mos def the best!

Edited by maggot, 11 February 2006 - 10:21 AM.

#6 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:43 PM

eh... :)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts
  •  Ex Cameo Maker and Modder

Posted 11 February 2006 - 09:45 AM

see what i mean by 'sarcasm'??

Do you actually know the meaning of sarcasm? :)

Anyway, nice to see you are well and things are progressing steadily ;) Keep up the good work Mig :)
Posted Image

#8 maggot

maggot
  • Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 10:14 AM

saying u finished all that, everything looks real good and then not showing (yet). Anywho, it was a bad joke so... removed

just to explain some more why i said that bad joke about Mig being sarcastic, who can really blame me after seeing all of this:

The new site is taking a lot longer then I thought it would to finish, when it is finished tho it will have tons of new pics.

I wonder if they would except a giant screenshots, the next one I’m making for D-day is gona just pwn everything...

The biggest thing I worked on would be the Brandenburg Gate, took me about a week to make but was time well spent I think, I also started on a new (the third one) map of Berlin to put it on.

I redid the paved roads too, there not so dirty/pixelated now. I also made a new tile set that makes large horizontal/vertical roads possible & the ability to go from a say a 3 cell wide road to a 6 cell road etc, which is very handy for urban environments like Berlin.

I also made a (new) Bf-109, Sexton, Char2C & did some work on a few other voxels.

In this sort of mood I knew I had to get my teeth into something big, I didn’t have to look far tho, the E-100 was sitting there just begging to be finished & so I spent the rest of the day working on it. It took me a while but it’s now finished & dam does it look good

I made the Bofors 40mm... & that’s about it (well I did do something else but I don’t want to mention that yet )

I will be posting pics soon, just that I like to post them in big chunks instead of one at a time etc. the next lot will be of the US, UK, Ger & Sov towed/fixed defences & some misc units.

Well any way I made the Universal carrier... only took about two hours to make in the end.

On the modding side of things I finished the Pak40 & Steyr RSO, took a while to get the canvas cover on the back of the RSO right but it was well worth it in the end, looks really good.

Edited by maggot, 12 February 2006 - 07:41 PM.

#9 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 08:14 PM

fruit basket...the one where people change into animals right?

think my sister had one of those, I'd have to see...
apologising to the world on behalf of my country for the existence of Brussel sprouts and Jean Claude Vandame

"I'm not retreating, I'm just fighting in another direction" (anonymous US corporal, Korea)

work is sacred...so don't go near it.

#10 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 14 February 2006 - 08:21 PM

Yer that's the one...

I think maggot is pissed cos I make new stuff on a daily basis but I don’t post new pics daily :) I cant be assed to post stuff every day tbh, I'd rather use the time working on something instead.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 08:39 PM

it's like dangling a baby over a pit filled with starving dogs, mig....or something in those lines :)
apologising to the world on behalf of my country for the existence of Brussel sprouts and Jean Claude Vandame

"I'm not retreating, I'm just fighting in another direction" (anonymous US corporal, Korea)

work is sacred...so don't go near it.

#12 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 09:06 PM

Lol

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

- The mathemathical probability of God existing is 67% -

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#13 maggot

maggot
  • Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 10:36 AM

it's like dangling a baby over a pit filled with starving dogs, mig....or something in those lines :shiftee:

we have a winner! :D oh, and feeding the dogs once in a while wouldn't make them starving so much... ;)

btw. i'm not pissed though, just hadn't got a lot going on lately... but that'll change soon: tomorrow i get my FDP

Edited by maggot, 15 February 2006 - 10:45 AM.

#14 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 15 February 2006 - 11:56 AM

I haven't eaten or slept in two days :shiftee: I'll post some stuff tomorrow if I have time...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 maggot

maggot
  • Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 01:45 PM

wtf?! get some sleep and food first mig! and then maybe show us the new site with that pic of Berlin with the P-1000 on it... :shiftee: plz... :D

EDIT: nevermind: take all the time you need...

Edited by maggot, 16 February 2006 - 10:10 AM.

#16 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 16 February 2006 - 12:04 AM

The new site isn't finished, the map of Berlin isn't even 10% finished & do you mean E-100 or P-1000?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 DaEm0NuL

DaEm0NuL

Gameing my life to the end of it

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 01:05 PM

What about a tiger in action :lol: or a kursk battle :). maybe and maybe i simply cant wait anymore.

#18 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 16 February 2006 - 02:46 PM

Both tigers need to be redone & I haven’t even started the preliminary research on Kursk yet. These things take time, you have to remember I’m doing a job that is normally done by a hundred ppl over about two years on my own. :lol:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 maggot

maggot
  • Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 03:08 PM

Both tigers need to be redone & I haven’t even started the preliminary research on Kursk yet. These things take time, you have to remember I’m doing a job that is normally done by a hundred ppl over about two years on my own. :lol:

I did remember that, that's why I edited my previous post, because it seemed like I was pushing you, but that wasn't my intention. I just can't wait to see new stuff. Although you've done this on your own, it's really the best TC out there! :thumbsup:

Edited by maggot, 16 February 2006 - 03:13 PM.

#20 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 16 February 2006 - 05:02 PM

Uh...if I may... *is nervous, this forum is alien territory*

Why do you do it to yourself, MiG?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users