MOD DONT WORK

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_alinorth_*

Guest_alinorth_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:54 AM

help pleas i dl it fine and everything was going good but once i started the skirm i couldnet see anything all my troops and building are invisiable pleas help?

#2 Boy_suicide

Boy_suicide
  • Members
  • 226 posts
  • Projects:Projects of some kind.
  •  Blue Text! YAY!

Posted 10 February 2006 - 12:03 PM

God......
C:\Documents and Settings\*INSERT COMPUTER USERNAME*\Application Data\My Battle for Middle-earth Files
Copy and paste that on to the directory, but put your computer username where it says to. Put the rome.big file over there. Copy+paste the Battle for Middle-earth shortcut onto your desktop. Change target to -mod rome.big after the " looking thing.

Edited by Boy_suicide, 10 February 2006 - 12:03 PM.

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2006 - 12:25 PM

God......
C:\Documents and Settings\*INSERT COMPUTER USERNAME*\Application Data\My Battle for Middle-earth Files
Copy and paste that on to the directory, but put your computer username where it says to. Put the rome.big file over there. Copy+paste the Battle for Middle-earth shortcut onto your desktop. Change target to -mod rome.big after the " looking thing.

thanks but i do it and it starts off with regular bfme but the rise of rome logo but just that thanks for trying all well

#4 Lord Dragonclaw

Lord Dragonclaw

I am Epic.

• Project Team
  • 611 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Epic.

Posted 10 February 2006 - 12:44 PM

Your not doing what he said. Your putting the .big in Ea Games/Bfme. Do what he said and read it more carefully.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2006 - 12:45 PM

Your not doing what he said. Your putting the .big in Ea Games/Bfme. Do what he said and read it more carefully.

no u dont understand i did but it turns it the other way it shows its rise of rome all the diff icons in game and the logo to but its still battle for middle earth

#6 thursti

thursti

Ruler of No One, Slave of Many

• Project Team
  • 359 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 02:18 PM

then download ror again and give it another try.

#7 milbot

milbot

AWD moderator

• Project Team
  • 534 posts
  • Projects:AWD projects
  •  AWD Development Team
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Public Relations Director

Posted 10 February 2006 - 03:24 PM

You wont need to copy paste anymore, we now have an auto-install function.

- Be sure you have patch 1.02 installed on your pc
- Be sure you've downloaded the latest version: RoR v0.45
- Be sure that you click on the RoR icon in the BFME folder: C:/program files/EAgames/BFME/ There you should find the RoR icon
Posted Image

#8 Gumby22don

Gumby22don
  • Project Team
  • 144 posts
  •  AWD Development Team
  • Job:Co-Designer: RoR 1 and 2

Posted 11 February 2006 - 12:17 AM

You wont need to copy paste anymore, we now have an auto-install function.

- Be sure you have patch 1.02 installed on your pc
- Be sure you've downloaded the latest version: RoR v0.45
- Be sure that you click on the RoR icon in the BFME folder: C:/program files/EAgames/BFME/ There you should find the RoR icon

People should also note that in a small number of cases, there are problems even with the installer.
-Essentially if you had a favourite faction in skirmishstats.ini that isn't one of the 2 races we used for Rome + Carthage, then the game chucks a big stink and kicks you out
-If the installer can't find your directory, because your computer username is something like "King George III's Compu%^@#$*ter" then you also have problems.

We are working on both these problems and other very minor ones to go in the next version, but Kelso and I are both quite busy, and it will be a few weeks.

Don
have a great day
Posted Image

#9 Guest_Hannes_*

Guest_Hannes_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2006 - 09:42 AM

The mod doesn´t work. I have the German Version of Battle for Middleearth and if i want to Launch Rise of Rome the following notification is displayed: At least one of the required file ist missing. Please Re-install Rise of Rome. I have installed the game a second and a third time, but the same notice was displayed. I have also patched Battle for Middleearth.

Can anyone help me? Thanks.

#10 Kelso

Kelso

BFME Admin

• Project Team
  • 1,467 posts
  • Projects:Rise of Rome, Rise of Rome 2
  •  AWD and T3A Team Chamber Leader
  • Job:Designer: Rise of Rome 1 and 2

Posted 12 February 2006 - 07:34 PM

There may be some issues with people running non-english versions of BFME. We are working on getting them sorted out. Please send us an email using the debug option within the launcher, as this will send us some info that will greatly aid us. Thanks.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 milbot

milbot

AWD moderator

• Project Team
  • 534 posts
  •  AWD Development Team

Posted 12 February 2006 - 07:55 PM

If you want a temporary fix, you could install the English version of BFME, just click English when you're going to install BFME
Posted Image

#12 Guest_gääst_*

Guest_gääst_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2006 - 01:59 PM

i installed the english version now for this mod and is till have the same problem. i also have the patch 1.02, but i cant see anything except pink... please help me!

#13 milbot

milbot

AWD moderator

• Project Team
  • 534 posts
  •  AWD Development Team

Posted 07 June 2006 - 07:50 PM

Did you play BFME before installing RoR and made a skirmish account?

Edited by milbot, 07 June 2006 - 07:51 PM.

Posted Image

#14 Kelso

Kelso

BFME Admin

• Project Team
  • 1,467 posts
  • Projects:Rise of Rome, Rise of Rome 2
  •  AWD and T3A Team Chamber Leader
  • Job:Designer: Rise of Rome 1 and 2

Posted 18 June 2006 - 03:19 AM

The mod has trouble installing if you are under an XP username that uses non-english characters or has a lot of spaces. The next version (if we can ever get the damn thing working on 1.03) will be greatly streamlined and shouldn't be as hacky.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users