Feature suggestion

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Excedrin

Excedrin
  • Project Team
  • 154 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 04:49 AM

The current UCS Editor is much better than the old way of editing them. But, it would be awesome if it was possible to open a RGD, then click on the UCS reference, then go to a window that has that reference in each Locale displayed at the same time.

I'm certain that this feature would be very helpful to anyone who's editing multiple languages at once or doing a translation.

Along the same lines, the ability to scan all RGDs for UCS references so that it's possible to cross reference in either direction (Click on UCS string, see a list of all RGDs referencing it) would be very useful.

#2 Finaldeath

Finaldeath
  • Project Team
  • 188 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 08:11 PM

Cool idea ^_^

I also put forward: having a "widgit" (which I hope a lot of appear for automating things like search + replace in stuff):

- If selected, it'll copy the current UCS file to all the right folder named locations for UCS localisation. This allows the mod to be at least compatible with those versions.

The names are of course available already - in the Engine folder and on the wiki ;) If someone didn't now this, this'd help quite a bit :)

#3 Corsix

Corsix

Code Monkey

• Hosted
  • 290 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI, DoW Mod Studio
  •  Blue Text :)

Posted 11 February 2006 - 10:18 PM

Yup, enhanced UCS tools and RGD-UCS integration will come.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users