#1 MagicGangsta

MagicGangsta

title available

• Project Team
  • 409 posts
  • Projects:In The Shadows - Project Leader

Posted 26 April 2004 - 03:54 PM

2 best would have to be:

HalfLife2 (not out yet but will have SDK)

FarCry (out but doesnt have SDK)
www.itsmod.com

#2 Cyclone7

Cyclone7
  • New Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 05:37 PM

HL2 will definately be one of the best if not the best engine to mod when it comes out. Does Far Cry have plans for an SDK. I heard that engine is great for modding, and I know some guys who were working on a Savage mod but switched engines to the Far Cry engine.

#3 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  • Projects:Dayvi.com
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 26 April 2004 - 06:10 PM

I remeber reading that FarCry will have it's developer (modder) section open in 2 weeks. I guess this will have a SDK too.

FarCry has remvoed the 56k option, so people like me on 44k modems can't play online. Half-Life 2 has bosted about good networking, so sould be as lag free as HL1 (the only FPS game my modem will play online).
If you making a single player mod, HL2 has some great facial and voice tech.

HL2 is the way to go for game engines, but it's not going to be released for a long time. Might be best to make a mod for FarCry or UT, then port over when the time comes.

#4 MagicGangsta

MagicGangsta

title available

• Project Team
  • 409 posts
  • Projects:In The Shadows - Project Leader

Posted 26 April 2004 - 07:35 PM

HL2 will be out sooner than you think.

I plan on attending E3 next month. Valve is scheduled to make a "big announcement" then.

Im betting on a Aug/Sep release date.

If FarCry releases an SDK and HL2 isnt out by the end of the year, we might move to that route. FC's Sandbox editor is insanely easy to mod.

Still, I'd prefer HL2. Overall nothing can beat the materials system they have implemented... and even FarCry cant come close to that.
www.itsmod.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users