• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MuDsHoVeLeR

MuDsHoVeLeR

title available

• Project Team
  • 350 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 11:32 PM

Well, we just lost our lead modeller Julo, due to personal problems. So now we've ground to a halt. MG and I sat down (at our own computers, mind you) and discussed this, so now I'm asking you, the modders of C&C to lend us your help. If any modellers/skinners/animators WHATEVER would be able to lend their assistance, we would be extremely appreciative. Now, we don't want to sound desperate-- but we are. The HL2 modelling pool is especially shallow right now, and we're in dire need of help.

Keep in mind, we're not asking for a full time commitment by any means, but if any of y'all would be willing or able to donate two, even ONE model to us, we'd be very grateful. I realize that most of you specialize in low-poly models, but I've seen your work, and I've seen some of you attempt high-poly vehicles. I know there's great talent to be found here, and I hope you can spare some time to share it. Again, just one small product from each person would be enough to not only get us on our feet again, but help us show the HL2 community that we have support and are a competitive mod.

A brief yet thorough description of our mod can be found here:
http://forums.origin...?showtopic=2247

Our official site
http://www.itsmod.com

MuDsHoVeLeR
In the Shadows- Co-Leader, PR, and Gameplay Developer
xmudshovelerx@hotmail.com
AIM: xMuDsHoVeLeRx

#2 MagicGangsta

MagicGangsta

title available

• Project Team
  • 409 posts
  • Projects:In The Shadows - Project Leader

Posted 03 May 2004 - 09:33 PM

*bump*
www.itsmod.com

#3 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  • Projects:Dayvi.com
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 04 May 2004 - 08:45 AM

"modellers/skinners/animators"
Asking of Gold from a Cloud.

#4 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts
  • Projects:Heh! You're not going to ask me that question.

Posted 04 May 2004 - 12:09 PM

Maybe you could find some good skinners at places where people discuss 4d cinema stuff, as most of the cnc skinners appear to have been depleted!
Command & Conquer: Red Alert - ReGeneration

"Not the faintest clue =\"

-ComradeJ

#5 MuDsHoVeLeR

MuDsHoVeLeR

title available

• Project Team
  • 350 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 02:08 AM

Asking for Gold from a Cloud, thanks for the support there :thumb:

Look, I know that skilled cnc-oriented people have already been claimed... yet it should not be overly difficult for someone who cares/has some extra free time to donate but one or two pieces of work. I did stress that we're not looking for total commitment here...

#6 Cyclone7

Cyclone7
  • New Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 01:25 AM

Hey MuDsHoVeLeR, our mod was having a tough time finding 3D modelers and texture artists until i went and posted our project at gamasutra.

http://www.gamasutra...gig_display.php

Seriously, within like 48 hours we started getting responces, and now we have an actual 3D studio working with us. they want to add to their portfolio. We also found another programmer there too. I suggest posting a project there. It takes a few days for them to aprove it, but your mod sounds plenty interesting enough to gain some immediate interest!

#7 MuDsHoVeLeR

MuDsHoVeLeR

title available

• Project Team
  • 350 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 08:34 PM

Hey thanks for the information man! I had heard of gamasutra before, but never fully researched what it took to get a project listed. Thanks again, I'll make sure to check it out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users