• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 18 February 2006 - 12:19 AM

just something i'm doing on my spare time, i'm making PROPER heavy armour, you see if you take close look at the osgiliath scenes, there are alot of rangers but there are aswell, just regular swordsman in ranger oufits, that it what i am doing for my light armour. then when its upgraded itr changes to the regular soldier

Posted Image

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#2 Boy_suicide

Boy_suicide
  • Members
  • 226 posts
  • Projects:Projects of some kind.
  •  Blue Text! YAY!

Posted 18 February 2006 - 12:52 AM

Nice, the gold thing was completely irritating ^^

#3 Artifice

Artifice

title available

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 12:59 AM

You should just make an osgiliath map and have a map ini.

#4 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 18 February 2006 - 01:26 AM

but i want this everywhere, and i CANT make maps therwise i would

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#5 Bebbe

Bebbe

Savvy ?

• Project Team
  • 670 posts
  •  The original guy

Posted 18 February 2006 - 11:05 AM

Nice idea ,, I hate EA's Gondor Soilder skin but ,, oh well

#6 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:10 PM

thats nerteas, sorry forgot credit.

#7 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 18 February 2006 - 07:19 PM

heres my skin of a gonod rpikeman light armour, heavy armour is nerteas, (the render sucks i was rushing)
Posted Image

#8 Bebbe

Bebbe

Savvy ?

• Project Team
  • 670 posts
  •  The original guy

Posted 18 February 2006 - 07:25 PM

I don't really like the arms but ,, I don't know how u can improve it ,, Otherwise it's great

#9 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 18 February 2006 - 07:27 PM

its really crappy chainmail, but like you said i dont know how to improve it, besides it looks great game distance

#10 Kelso

Kelso

BFME Admin

• Project Team
  • 1,467 posts
  • Projects:Rise of Rome, Rise of Rome 2
  •  AWD and T3A Team Chamber Leader
  • Job:Designer: Rise of Rome 1 and 2

Posted 18 February 2006 - 11:47 PM

Gondor swordsmen might look weird without a shield of some kind. Many of the animations rely on having the shield there, I'm thinking specifically of the taunt animation where they bang their swords on their shields. He'd either be knocking it against air or his fist.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 19 February 2006 - 05:05 PM

well, i'm not sure i'd have anything to replace it with, rangers dont have a shiled, i suppose i could whip up a wodde shield but that would be innacurate, i could also just remove that animation from the unit

#12 LadyRhiea

LadyRhiea

CPPB

• Project Team
  • 784 posts
  • Projects:RJ-ROTWK

Posted 19 February 2006 - 11:07 PM

I want to make a comment about your light and heavy armor...which nobody would knotice in game but is very important to the tradition of being promoted to heavy armor....

Foromir has killed -this many- orcs, adding today's number he was ready to get his new l33t equipment, he fitted for the new armor, sword's fine, and the shield's the same. Though he nkoticed something was missing, his facial hair also needed to be grown longer so he REALLY looks like a veteran.

That's what I knoticed, it' slike when they get heavy armor they also get more mustache as part of the packageand more other facial features XD

Posted Image

I'm not smoking anything, I'm just Japanese.

You guys better hope I don't get hired by EA one day, sorry, I meant interned for very low wages

#13 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

No sex please, we're Dwarves

• Hosted
  • 1,655 posts
  • Projects:The Peninsular War
  •  I aten't dead.

Posted 20 February 2006 - 12:23 AM

Real men wear beards!

Dain: Arr Nertea: yarrrr Dain: haharrrr Nertea: graaawwwr Dain: oaaaaaaaarr Nertea: .... honk?

#14 Master Windu

Master Windu

The Master.

• Advisors
  • 2,150 posts
  • Projects:Galaxy at War, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 20 February 2006 - 01:13 AM

Dain ^_^ ....
I had a simliar idea to LR's, it was odd but it might have worked well. It was that when you bought heavy armor, it changed the texture from 64 by 64 to better skins at higher qualities. So you got rewarded when you bought heavy armor by having much better graphics. As I said, weird idea.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 LadyRhiea

LadyRhiea

CPPB

• Project Team
  • 784 posts
  • Projects:RJ-ROTWK

Posted 20 February 2006 - 08:21 AM

I did the same skin for the light and heavy armor exactly as Kwen did a while ago, but alot of my skins these days I don't even dare to post them online -.- I don't feel my skins are good enough anymore everybody's like. OMG! Check out my HAND MADE -unit name here- and then i'm like hey hey hey! look at my Gondorian soldier! *silence....cricket...cricket....*

Posted Image

I'm not smoking anything, I'm just Japanese.

You guys better hope I don't get hired by EA one day, sorry, I meant interned for very low wages

#16 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:05 AM

I don't think there's a need to feel insecure. What I've seen of you so far, looks good. You might want to show your skins to some people from T3A or other bfme modders or skinners you know well (by using IM or PM or something), without having to post the skins in public. That way you can hear whether they are good or not (and perhaps tips or whatever) before actually posting them. Sometimes if I'm not sure of something I've made, I show it to a friend or someone who knows a lot about it and await their reaction. If they think it's good enough to post, I might do so.

#17 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 20 February 2006 - 03:12 PM

well the face texture was originally faramirs because i had nothing better, but i sifted through the textures, and i found the gondor porter, i'm really pissed, they made a super really high quality skin for a un used unit?!?!?! anyways, the portes has a nice head fully facial haired, and it looks great, and now its not 40 0r 50 faramir clones ^_^

#18 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

No sex please, we're Dwarves

• Hosted
  • 1,655 posts
  • Projects:The Peninsular War
  •  I aten't dead.

Posted 20 February 2006 - 09:48 PM

and then i'm like hey hey hey! look at my Gondorian soldier! *silence....cricket...cricket....*

Join the club :)

Dain: Arr Nertea: yarrrr Dain: haharrrr Nertea: graaawwwr Dain: oaaaaaaaarr Nertea: .... honk?

#19 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 21 February 2006 - 03:03 PM

anyhow, this gondor mod is AMOST ready for its public testing, a few more erros to kink out and were set to go

#20 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 21 February 2006 - 03:17 PM

and now some ingame screenshots, to prove that my mod IS going somewhere:

Posted Image

Light armour hordes:
Posted Image
Heavy armour hordes:
Posted Image

Edited by SDK Kwen, 21 February 2006 - 03:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users