Thoughts/ideas

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Hotcakes_*

Guest_Hotcakes_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2006 - 06:24 AM

OK first up is this mod dead? I see there have been no developments in over 6 months... but I see FS-21 has been around, so at least he is not dead =]

I have some thoughts I'd like to express that occurred to me while playing. Your opinions would be great =]

0) I like this icon : ;) =]

1) First of all, is this an assimilation of TS into YR or is it a mod that incorperates aspects of TS into YR? I would like to know if your plans were to recreate TS in the YR engine as accurately as possible, or to incorperate TS units etc into YR and keep things as balanced as possible? I ask because there are some inconsistencies and don't really see anywhere if they're intentional or not...

2) Iron Curtain for Soviets. This has been answered in another thread.

3) Genetic Mutator minor super for Yuri is also missing. I assume a similar circumstance as 2.

4) Gates, as mentioned in another thread. Any progress on this? =] Gates-r-kool. And I think only GDI and NOD should have them, normal RA2 sides have base defenses that more than make up for gates...

5) I like how you managed to mimick the GDI power plant behaviour - ie adding power silos on to it to make it more powerful. Is this not at all possible for the base defenses/upgrade center as well? Seeing double spy sat on a building is silly. =] If possible, minigun/RPG/SAM heads should be placed on a generic Turret and spy sat/ion cannon parts should be buildable on top of an empty upgrade center...

6) Speaking of the GDI Upgrade Center... Seeker? Drop Pods? =]

7) Since when is the Visceroid controllable by GDI?!? =] Wouldn't they be better off left as NPCs?

8) Is it at all possible to get TS based buildings reinforced by infantry? I always thought since playing TS that all those buildings were just going to waste =]

9) Is it not possible to add a new Theatre type instead of overwriting DESERT? I just thought I'd ask because I thought since YR added new theatre types that it would be a moddable thing (or is it hardcoded), or perhaps you just didn't realise there was an easy way to change the theatre type in maps (load map in a text editor - search for 'Theatre=' and change from DESERT, to for example TSTEMPER - seems to work for changing from NEWURBAN to URBAN for simple maps)... I have a few DESERT based maps and didn't realise how in hell they got so corrupted looking :D

10) Is 1.0 still going to happen one day or has it become a pipe dream? =]

That's all off the top of my head... hope you can shed some light on them for me! =]

#2 Guest_Hotcakes_*

Guest_Hotcakes_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2006 - 11:24 AM

Woah, sorry if most of this has been answered or address before - I just noticed the 'main'/root section of the forums... =]

#3 FS-21

FS-21

Kane lives in death!

• Hosted
  • 531 posts
  • Projects:C&C:Reloaded
  •  Oldbie C&C gamer/modder :P

Posted 25 February 2006 - 03:10 AM

OK first up is this mod dead? I see there have been no developments in over 6 months... but I see FS-21 has been around, so at least he is not dead =]

I have some thoughts I'd like to express that occurred to me while playing. Your opinions would be great =]

The main C&C:Reloaded objective is always the playability & the feel to play a balanced Battle between Tiberian Sun armies ( Global Defense Initiative & the Brotherhood of Nod) & Red Alert 2:Yuri's Revenge armies (allies, Soviet Union & Yuri army ) and to get TS feeling the C&C:R gamers can remember the old TS battles playing in Official Tiberian Sun/Firestorm maps... with true TS terrain (or if is a "map maker" can create or convert own TS maps) :-)

About the last line, all comment, suggestion, bug report is always welcome :) (another thing is if "in this moment" I have time to dedicate to this project or in another etc :) )

1) Answered in the first quote, I move the major part of the graphics/units/buildings/other code to YR engine & balancing the TS values using as base the RA2:YR values etc.

2) Reactivated in the C&C:R add-on (or "should be" reactivated using PD's Patch)

3) Answered in answer 2)

4) (If I'm not wrong) always I said that in 1.0 should not appear the gates because I have other priorities...

5) Can you slipt this point in various parts?

6) HunterSeekers & Drop Pods due to YR Game Engine limitations...

7) Since never but until I find a better solution in the beta...

8) I think that are you talking about civilian TS buildings, I have decided to do this kind of modifications but not in the 1.0.

9) No sorry, theatres are hardcoded, not that I used a easy way... LUNAR theatre was rejected due to the big Game Engine limitations. Corrupted looking of Desert maps can be "easy" fixed using a tutorial from the TS maps subforum, in the case of official maps, all official maps are fixed.

10) 1.0 Will happen but when I have the necessary time to finish each unfinished task in my TODO list, promised.

PD: I don't like :) icon... :blink:

C&C:Reloaded -> 5 different armies: GDI, Nod, Allies, Soviets & Yuri... & converted TS Terrain!!

Discord ] ModDB ] YouTube Channel ] Telegram Channel ] [ Official Forums@Revora ]

#4 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 28 February 2006 - 02:58 PM

5) I like how you managed to mimick the GDI power plant behaviour - ie adding power silos on to it to make it more powerful. Is this not at all possible for the base defenses/upgrade center as well? Seeing double spy sat on a building is silly. =] If possible, minigun/RPG/SAM heads should be placed on a generic Turret and spy sat/ion cannon parts should be buildable on top of an empty upgrade center...

That's all off the top of my head... hope you can shed some light on them for me! =]

He is asking why u didn't make upgrade center and component tower upgradeable like in ts

1) AI won't use
2) Spysat logic cannot be attached to upgrades
3) AI won't build upgrades properly
Posted Image

#5 LeninT34

LeninT34
  • New Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 02:48 AM

Can you balance out Yuri's navy.
http://cannisrules.c...yvehicles.shtml

#6 FS-21

FS-21

Kane lives in death!

• Hosted
  • 531 posts
  • Projects:C&C:Reloaded
  •  Oldbie C&C gamer/modder :P

Posted 07 April 2006 - 11:54 AM

Yuri "only" requires a Gattling Boat to attack air missiles is naval wars but isn't the priority now :-)

C&C:Reloaded -> 5 different armies: GDI, Nod, Allies, Soviets & Yuri... & converted TS Terrain!!

Discord ] ModDB ] YouTube Channel ] Telegram Channel ] [ Official Forums@Revora ]

#7 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,998 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 07 April 2006 - 03:57 PM

About the Seeker and Drop Pods, hope you gonna readd them in Rock Patch expansion. :ohmy:

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#8 Twilus

Twilus

Your Mother's Father's Uncle's Moustache!

• Members
  • 471 posts
  •  Music forum poster

Posted 25 April 2006 - 04:23 AM

I like the drop pods idea, but is it possible to make the visceroids act like they did on ts? (Move around and attack anyone on sight)
And i don't know why a visceroid was in gdi's twch in the first place

Ps: Ha, this is the 5th time i replyed in an "old topic"
but the forum rules do sya you can revive old topics, i don't even consider this old.
some people do.

Edited by alteceast, 25 April 2006 - 04:23 AM.

I refuse to have a signature.

Oh wait...

#9 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 04 June 2006 - 11:34 PM

Visceroid explanation is on the website, its Nod's and GDI's "guard dog" equivalent.

The random move behaviour can be achieved with RP, look at cows :blush: but the merging effect is not functional.

Oh AI can build upgrades but its buggy with defences especially.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users