16 replies to this topic

#1 Invalid

Invalid
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 03:08 AM

why tank general is so awsome:
-lot's of overlord based tanks
-tank sniper cannon that can take out pretty much anything in one hit (besides air crafts)
-gauss cannons that are way better than gattling cannons
-awsome tanks (warmaster is just sooo much better than battle master)
-war factory drop is cool.
-destorys infantry general so easily (it's not even funny how effective a few troop crawlers with sniper cannons and gattling tanks are against infintry. take out base defences with troop crawlers, move in, protect crawlers with gattling tanks, use crawlers to take out buildings, or infintry out of range)
-overlord with tank cannon (it's like you add a third, stronger, longer range cannon on an OVERLORD)
-supply trucks that look cooler, and can defend them selves
-big artillery thing
-helixes are better
-ainti-tank sniper cannon MORE than makes up for the loss of artillery. (can actually hit moving units)
-with good micromanagement, you can overrun a base with a few overlords. (I've done it a few times. 5 overlords, kill full base)
-the manticore is good, but not as effective as a gattling tank vs. infintry
-the special unit is like a gattling cannon on an overlord, only is shoots out shells instead of bullets. insane!

can anyone thing of a better china general?

#2 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 26 February 2006 - 07:33 AM

can anyone thing of a better china general?

In contra 04 I think Nuke is more powerful, but flame and infantry are more fun... "better" is a tough thing to choose. Of the 4 china's tank was my least favorite, though I don't disagree with any of your points.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#3 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 26 February 2006 - 07:38 AM

I prefer Nuke gen. due to his high firepower (especially artilleries).
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#4 Wookien

Wookien
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 03:16 PM

I prefer Airforce above all. Firepower, quick raids, and at last all destroying air assault where you take out an entire army or base defence without loosing a single plane.

#5 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 04:49 PM

I prefer Airforce above all. Firepower, quick raids, and at last all destroying air assault where you take out an entire army or base defence without loosing a single plane.

Yes, if you look at all factions, yeah AirF is my favorite too...

B-52s are hell on a player's base in PvP
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#6 Gredinus

Gredinus

Weapon of mass destruction.

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  • Projects:Remix3 Support
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 26 February 2006 - 05:00 PM

but they still get owned by helix with gattling addon.

Posted Image

#7 Guy980

Guy980

title available

• Banned
  • 314 posts
  • Projects:Remix alpha testing, V/GO beta testing.
  •  Good

Posted 26 February 2006 - 06:20 PM

B-52's are crazy!!! OH NO!!! HERE COME 5 CRUISE MISSILES!!!!
P.s: What does the B-3 do? I never got it.

#8 Logical2u

Logical2u
  • Members
  • 58 posts
  • Projects:Chucking random mod ideas around.

Posted 26 February 2006 - 07:02 PM

B3 drops 6 HE bombs in a (semi)row.

I personally think that the Flame Gen and the new AI gen are the stronger generals.

The AI gen has amazing powers at level 3 and above but early on he's weak. I find he's not so good as attacking without two full droppods as the attacking force with his missile defenders fully upgraded.
Flame gen has very strong ground forces at his lvl 3 artillery is a very very good power versus all things. That and his overlords rock. Three tank cannons!

Personally I think Tank is a relatively weak general: Too many defensive options, none of which are that special. Vehicles are too slow most of the time, and the tanks have buggy attack locomotors since they all have Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary attacks.

#9 Gredinus

Gredinus

Weapon of mass destruction.

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  • Projects:Remix3 Support
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 26 February 2006 - 09:26 PM

AI gen?

Posted Image

#10 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts
  • Projects:A new map for Remix Mod
  •  Remix Escalation Alpha Tester ,Camo Artist and part-time Mapper

Posted 27 February 2006 - 07:11 AM

I think Logical2u means the Cybergeneral
And I my Favorite Generals are Nuke, Airforce, Laser a bit, Flame is also cool

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 alpha86

alpha86

Vampire Queen

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:43 AM

You can easily take out the tank general. All you have to do is just have a whole ton of china barracks and train a mixtrue of rocket and gattling infantry until you have enought xp to build the tech centre... after that just train batches of snipers and bye bye to the tank general.

If you build troop crawlers, they just get blown apart by the sniper cannon or the normal tank cannons. Also china infanty migs rinse china tanks base defences... If i have to face a tank gen, I always use china infantry or usa airforce, and always come out on top. Occassionally I use usa laser against the china tanks, but with laser if base defence doesnt go up fast enough you're history.

Edited by alpha86, 27 February 2006 - 09:43 AM.

*~si aeraesar bastosi shai por eil vyri eindral syl sosti eil thasti ail si basti os aeraesar jhyli*~

Posted Image~*Sufletul ei nu poate să fie salvat. Ea este blestemată.*~Posted Image

Posted Image

~*ai jhyli o shor eir si volaer os tia shyjael caes, volaer mai mar, si tyr thor syl si ae os ei baedi*~

#12 Red Alpha

Red Alpha
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 02:56 PM

for me stealth owns! i alwais make about 3 bases no1 can kill me fully and oo4 tunnel networks r the best and the super unit killes everything with 2 or 3 shots (so 3 tanks = instakill) and i alwais rush my enemys with motars and scorps

but nothing can stand agains flame firestorm it melts everything in a big firestorm (this is my favo choise in 2.75 remix)

Edited by Red Alpha, 27 February 2006 - 02:57 PM.

#13 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 04:19 PM

but nothing can stand agains flame firestorm it melts everything in a big firestorm (this is my favo choise in 2.75 remix)

awsome... that makes my day :lol:

I think more than anything it depends on your play style. Every faction has a unique style and if you play that syle naturaly then it will always feel he strongest.

AirF and Stealth are the 2 that really show that best. Many players hate the two factions and say they are good for nothing, but theres also a cult following who LOVES those generals.

Personaly I dislike laser and tank generals... but I'm the aAirF, Stealth, Flam/Infa kind of player
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Wookien

Wookien
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 07:17 PM

haha pendalose - my two favourite factions are in fact stealth and airf. :lol:

#15 Taran

Taran

Ukrainian Cossack

• Project Team
  • 133 posts
  • Projects:Contra
  •  Contra spem spero! - Без надії сподіваюсь!

Posted 28 February 2006 - 05:40 PM

AM LOVE CONTRA!!! THEN I'M LOVE ALL OLD AND NEW GENERALS!!!

I'm love Asault for t-35!
I LOVE AirF for new AirField!
I love ToxGen for Defiler!!!

I'M LOVE Contra for ALL THIS!!!!
Posted Image

#16 Emperor

Emperor
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 10:51 AM

yeah tank gen. is ultimate so why other factions are so weak? like demo gen or infantry gen. i'll take a few
overlords and comp is doomed. And there are a lot of bugs like laser gen's particle cannon is so weak against buildings almost ineffective etc. I think this mod is bloody good but there are bugs to fix. And creators should fix them and add some new units to game in future.

#17 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 03:25 PM

yeah tank gen. is ultimate so why other factions are so weak? like demo gen or infantry gen. i'll take a few
overlords and comp is doomed. And there are a lot of bugs like laser gen's particle cannon is so weak against buildings almost ineffective etc. I think this mod is bloody good but there are bugs to fix. And creators should fix them and add some new units to game in future.

Those other generals arn't weak at all... the computer simply has no ability to use strategy. A human player using the same factions can be very intimidating.

There are always bugs, but Creator has made an increadibly well polished product. Few modders are as clean in thier coding and as quick to find errors. Even EA has bugs out the wazoo in the original ZH.

I'm a fan of more units... but more isn't always better. New units have to have a place and purpose.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users