41 replies to this topic

#1 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 02 March 2006 - 04:50 PM

I'd like to include new voice sets for all of the new units. I'm looking for voulenteers for voice acting/recording. One thing I'd like is if the voices can be fairly authentic. It be awsome to have a REAL east asian acent for all of the China units and REAL MiddleEast/SouthEastEurope/SouthWestAsia/NorthAfrica (alot of varety will work with GLA) voices for the GLA units. And of course I neen authentic american voices too...

Even if you have to fake an acent to give it a shot, It might just work anyway. If you want to help, but you're accent can't be hidden don't loose hope, I can also use other voice sources such as older games, just extract or record the voice from in game. Old C&C voices and other RTS voices, and even movie clips will work fine.

For Audition Wav files try making voices for you favorite units from any version of Remix or Contra you've already played (or even just seen a screen shot). What you make the unit say is part of the auditioin :ohmy:

Theres well over a hundered new units, buildings, and upgrades in Remix3 :p , so I'm pretty sure I can use as many voices as you can make. I need voices for both Units (EfreetTank:"They will Burn!") and Upgrade buttons (ArtilleryAddon:"Cannon in position"). So the more people the better... I'd hate to have ONE person do 20+ voices... this isn't an "Attack of the Clones" game.

You can post your .wav files here for everyone to hear, or PM them to me if you'd rather the world not know that's your voice. If you've got a good recording I'll let you know and I'll give you a master list of units/buttons to make up voices for.

For your help I don't have much to offer other than WIP versions, your name in the Credits, and alot of apreciation. Also, if you do good voices I'm pretty sure Creator would be glad to use them in Contra.05, so you might get twice the apreciation. If you are a fellow modder then I can offer some help with code or models in exchange, and in some cases can offer units or FX directly out of Remix as trade for your help.

Edited by Pendaelose, 02 March 2006 - 04:55 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#2 Gredinus

Gredinus

Weapon of mass destruction.

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  • Projects:Remix3 Support
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 02 March 2006 - 05:10 PM

I would like to do some GLA units.

Posted Image

#3 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 05:14 PM

I would like to do some GLA units.

Awsome... The first time I heard you talk on Ventrilo I thaught right away you'd make great GLA voices. Also, if you can get some of the other guys in your group to make some recordings it would make a good variety.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#4 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts
  • Projects:A new map for Remix Mod
  •  Remix Escalation Alpha Tester ,Camo Artist and part-time Mapper

Posted 02 March 2006 - 05:33 PM

OK I allready send you a PM but I say here again I would like to record US sounds :p

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 05:37 PM

OK I allready send you a PM but I say here again I would like to record US sounds :p

cool, give it a swing.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 05:41 PM

Pend I don't know what you mean

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 05:43 PM

Pend I don't know what you mean

Slang for "Give it a try"
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Gredinus

Gredinus

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 02 March 2006 - 07:36 PM

Well you shuld write down new sound texts (for new units).
And i would like tome make the SupW warning sounds for GLA to.

Edited by Gredinus, 02 March 2006 - 07:37 PM.

Posted Image

#9 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 08:08 PM

Well you shuld write down new sound texts (for new units).
And i would like tome make the SupW warning sounds for GLA to.

I've not figured out how to change those yet... I need to get with Creator and ask about Specialpowertemplates and if we can change them. If that works out then I will be needing SupWeapon alerts for all factions.

Theres 2 Build and 2 fire sound alerts for each superweapon for each faction, alerts for allies, and allerts for enemies. Each general has 1-2 unique super weapons... asuming 2 each for easy math 2x12x4=96 sounds for GLA alone and 96x3=288 voices for all factions... OR do it the other way, 24 unique superweapons so 24(weapons)x4(alerts)x3(factions)=288 wav files. I think this is the main reason the superweapon alert sounds havn't been edited yet.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Gredinus

Gredinus

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 02 March 2006 - 08:15 PM

Acctuly 96 lines isnt that much.
the only problem is that you have to say it good.

Posted Image

#11 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 08:32 PM

Yeah if you have three or four guys to make voices it's not that much

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Slowpoke

Slowpoke
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 04:42 PM

I'd like to be a voice actor, I can fake a few accents :blush: but I'm Dutch and I sound like a 4 years old kiddo.

#13 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 06:23 PM

I'd like to be a voice actor, I can fake a few accents :blush: but I'm Dutch and I sound like a 4 years old kiddo.

try making a voice or two and send them too me... worst that can happen is I might say no thankyou.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 KOC2000

KOC2000
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 07:40 AM

If you need some "Arabic" voices.. here I am.

#15 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 07 March 2006 - 11:31 AM

What country are you from, KOC2000?

#16 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 02:21 PM

If you need some "Arabic" voices.. here I am.

for sure. I don't have a working list of new GLA units yet, but there are several GLA units in Contra and enarly all will be staying in Remix. If you can make voices for some of them it would be great.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 Foolishone

Foolishone
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 12:11 AM

this is a really great idea....it will give it a real feal to it....this is going o be th ebest friggen mod ever...and i feel bad for the people who still have 56k cuz if your adding all these new wavs...thats gonna be huge.

#18 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 01:13 AM

this is a really great idea....it will give it a real feal to it....this is going o be th ebest friggen mod ever...and i feel bad for the people who still have 56k cuz if your adding all these new wavs...thats gonna be huge.

If everybody jumps on board and send them in it can be great... but so far I've only gotten as many offers as you see here.

Also, Guys who have volunteered... If you are going to send wav files I need them. They will take time to coded into the game so I have to have them BEFORE I finish the rest of the game.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Invalid

Invalid
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 01:22 AM

wait...creator, are you working with pendaelose on this, or not?
after 05 and remix3 are completed, there should be a vote to see which is better

#20 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 08 March 2006 - 06:06 AM

I can do Southeast Asian and American and Russian accent.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users