41 replies to this topic

#21 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 08 March 2006 - 04:25 PM

creator, are you working with pendaelose on this, or not?

We don't really work togeather at all... but we do talk about our ideas and share content freely... We work independantly, but we do allow our work to benifit both mods.

Edited by Pendaelose, 08 March 2006 - 04:27 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#22 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:37 PM

I can do Southeast Asian and American and Russian accent.

Pure Arabic Chinese or english languages will be much better, imo.

I could record unit voices myself, but accent...

Edited by Creator, 08 March 2006 - 09:39 PM.

#23 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 10:37 PM

Alot of folks have that problem... The original EA voices were mostly american's trying to sound chinese and arabic... they're clearly faked, but because the accents are all english based, its tollerable to an english speaking audience. Still, authentic accents would be best.

But when somebody with a thick accent trys to fake another accent it becomes very bad. I can use 1 or 2 voices for USA that have some accent if its not too thick, but a rusian or german imitation of chineese I can pass on.

The USA vocies are a bit more forgiving because in the USA you genuenly have every accent you can think of both at home an in the military. It would be a joke if every voice for USA sounded like he was from Texas or California. To do the USA any curtesy I need a much wider variety.

I'm sure to anyone different accents of thier own language are very clear, but accents don't translate well... to me all german sounds the same... If I hadn't been told I would have never guesed that east and west germany or austria all sounds differnt... can't tell from an english speaking perspective... likewise, I wouldn't expect anyone from germany or russia to be able to ID a Carolina vs Texan accent.

Edited by Pendaelose, 09 March 2006 - 03:17 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#24 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 09 March 2006 - 03:06 PM

Umm....right.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#25 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 09:37 PM

Guys,

I have gotten a few good offers to do voices, and some of you have gotten in touch with my on MSN, but I have yet to receive even a single voice set...
Posted Image
Posted Image

#26 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts
  • Projects:A new map for Remix Mod
  •  Remix Escalation Alpha Tester ,Camo Artist and part-time Mapper

Posted 21 March 2006 - 06:02 AM

Pend, I've send you what I will say, the only problem is what format you need, I can make way sounds but what Bit-Rate and mono or Stereo?

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:10 PM

Pend, I've send you what I will say, the only problem is what format you need, I can make way sounds but what Bit-Rate and mono or Stereo?

Wav format, Mono, any medium bit rate...
Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 06:21 PM

Ok, I looked it up, voice files are
22050hz,16bit, mono

And here is my first set, if you are interested

Edited by Capt.Drake, 22 March 2006 - 06:08 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:18 PM

Since Remix is advancing :cool: , after Pend got finally rid of his familly for some time :D it seams that nobody (exept me :lol: ) had sent any voices in or tried to make some! :(
But doesn't it bother everbody to hear the Iron Dragon saying the same the Stealth fighter does? :huh:
This is one of the rare times we can help the big Modders (our heroes :lol: ) normally we are waiting for their next release and we are asking them out and drive them crazy!! :D
And Since this is the last and final version of remix shouldn't it be the best one? :huh:
I think so and I think we can help with the voices to make this the big final version of remix :)

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 Gredinus

Gredinus

Weapon of mass destruction.

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  • Projects:Remix3 Support
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:40 PM

well im waitng that he begins work on gla.

Posted Image

#31 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:33 PM

Since Remix is advancing :cool: , after Pend got finally rid of his familly for some time :D it seams that nobody (exept me :lol: ) had sent any voices in or tried to make some! :(
But doesn't it bother everbody to hear the Iron Dragon saying the same the Stealth fighter does? :huh:
This is one of the rare times we can help the big Modders (our heroes :lol: ) normally we are waiting for their next release and we are asking them out and drive them crazy!! :D
And Since this is the last and final version of remix shouldn't it be the best one? :huh:
I think so and I think we can help with the voices to make this the big final version of remix :)

Drake's right. Once I finish Remix3 thats it for me in ZeroHour. Theres a whole world of games out there ripe for modding.

If the comunity doesn't help get some sounds in then it just isn't going to happen. I'm a one man team and thre is only so much I can include on my own.

you don't even have to record the voices your selves. You can scour the internet, you can rip them from your old games. anything that sounds good will work.

I get tons of total strangers juming up and volunteering to test the next alpha, but I can't get people to help with it. I don't want to make idle threats, but I bet if I said I'd only let people who sent me voice sets download the next alpha I'd have enough voices to make a unique voice for every unit.

well im waitng that he begins work on gla.

don't wait for that... theres already tons of GLA units that creator has added and 99% of them will be staying. it will take time to get it all planned out and included, so the sooner I have the sounds the easier it will be in the long run.

You don't need to hold out for GLA... its not like I'm going to skip them. Infact, they are last because I have the most work planned for them. I promise I will work on GLA.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 Gredinus

Gredinus

Weapon of mass destruction.

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  • Projects:Remix3 Support
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 15 April 2006 - 11:43 PM

Well i could do the stealth super tank voice but i need to come up how he will sound and what he will say.

Posted Image

#33 KOC2000

KOC2000
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 04:26 AM

Sorry guys, I never saw u reply to my post "Arabic Voices" here..
@Creator, I'm from Egypt.
@Pendaelose, of course I can do any GLA units u need..
Just make a list with voices you need and I'l record them for you, I've other friends can help also.

#34 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 11:07 AM

KOC2000, it is great that you agree to help. But at first try to record some samples. For example, record some voices saying "yes sir", "target aquired", "moving out", and some others (in Farsi, of course). Then send your samples to me by PM.

#35 KOC2000

KOC2000
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 05:51 PM

Ok.. I'll do them.

#36 Molested

Molested
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 10:45 PM

First post!

I'v liked this mod for a while so i decided to help out as good as i can.
I made some random voice acting tests, if you like it i'm happy to help.

THE ZIP-FILE

Edited by Molested, 07 May 2006 - 10:46 PM.

#37 Molested

Molested
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 01:04 AM

I was expecting some kind of feed back. Etleast someone saying i sound ridiculus.

#38 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 03:06 AM

I was expecting some kind of feed back. Etleast someone saying i sound ridiculus.

sry, I downloaded them, I've just been busy with family the last couple says and havn't listened to them yet. I plan on taking my laptop to work tommorow, I'll listen then.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#39 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 09:18 AM

I've heard your voice acting tests, Molested. Sorry, but they are not good enough.

Edited by Creator, 09 May 2006 - 09:19 AM.

#40 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 04:46 PM

Not rediculus sounding, but they are to obviously recorded on a MIC at home... I think nearly everyone is going to have that problem.

What you can do that would be extreamly helpful would be if yo ucan find sound clips from old games or movies that can work... as long as they make complete voice sets that don't sound like they came directly from a MIC.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users