#1 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

• Members
  • 1,586 posts
  • Projects:00 Nobody Maps
  •  Mapper and Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

Posted 04 March 2006 - 10:20 PM

Ok, I'm starting this topic for the series of maps styled in a manner similar to RPGs.

The series is called "Desert Legends", and is produced by the mapmakers in 00 Nobody Maps, pretty much the only mapmakers, unofficial or not, in PR.

In this series, I have created a very advanced script system that acts like you entered a shop, and you actually pay money to buy stuff, such as humvees and Missile Defenders.

The main character, Jason, is the son of a simple fisherman (who'll be the final boss in the 3rd one, he's actually a bandit king who murdered Jason's real parents and took him, as a baby, to raise as his successor), and decides to buy a car to get around. After getting his car, he is able to start a mission, and once he finishes it, his best freind, Steven, joins the party, unlocking his home town of Tiber City.

The first few missions are simple. You have to destroy a bandit camp in order to win, and you get some moner out of it. You also unlock something or get a new character. For example, after Steven joins the party, the city of Tiber City becomes available to you, you get money, and radar becomes active. The second one just gives you money, but immediatly starts the 3rd one. Not telling what the other missions are specifically about though... :p

I have already created 2 cities, and am currently working on the 2nd mission. The major points of geography have been met, and the 2 shops (so far, there'll be 1 more city), are working. I have already set the plot up to the third mission (will be 5 in total, 4th may unlock a minigame), and have a good idea of who the 4th character will be (already have the third character's name set up, and will probably have a unit for him today).

The third city, Sahara Town, has been created and scripted. The Minigame has been created and scripted. The 2nd and 3rd missions have been completed. The third character has a unit for him now. The Light ambushes have been created. I need to make the local bandit king's base and script the 4th and final mission. After it I may add in a 4th character that will be available on Desert Legends RPG 2 - Gateway to Peace. The third one will be called Desert Legends RPG - The Grand Finale, in which Jason fights his own father (Luke, I am your father :lol: ). The shops are gonna be stuck at 2, unless you can find the hidden one that's not esily found. An abondoned truck, perhaps? or maybe a hidden market? You'll have to find out yourself!

Feel free to ask me any questions yuo may have about the map's progress.

-00 Nobody
In charge of Desert Legends RPG's developement

Edited by 00 Nobody, 05 March 2006 - 12:27 AM.

00 Nobody Maps and Missions
Desert Legends RPG C&C's ONLY
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx
Operation: The Dragon's Den
Construct additional pylons. No, seriously. The power's out. Those power lines are overloaded. WE NEED MOAR PYLONS!

#2 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 01:05 AM

THE DEMO IS READY FOR RELEASE

I tested the thing all the way thru. It works very well all the way thru.

Have fun!

Feel free to post any bugs/typos you may encounter.

Feel free to post any suggestions/comments for the map or any later map in the series.

EDIT: Removing the demo, you'll see why...

-00 Nobody

Edited by 00 Nobody, 14 June 2006 - 12:21 AM.

Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx
Construct additional pylons. No, seriously. The power's out. Those power lines are overloaded. WE NEED MOAR PYLONS!

#3 xjjohnno

xjjohnno
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 06:15 AM

Will investigate this one,thanks for the efforts Nobody.

#4 xjjohnno

xjjohnno
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:18 AM

Played and took a few notes as playing,method of purchasing things might be open to revision,perhaps something less obscure then the green dot system,that took a bit of figuring.
Mission one I found easy enough,but unless I'd read your post I wouldn't have known I'd accomplished it so either a targeting to the area where the mission applies or a confirmation script beyond Steve joining you might be in order.I can't say I was really aware of what other missions existed as no NPCs briefed me,mind you I probably didn't help things along by taking out a lot of the enemy as indicated on my radar.
With the mini game,I don't really know if the vehicle I chose was the fastest around the track as it was the only one doing the lap.
Anyway that's the objective come critical appraisals I made of it.
I must say there's a lot of fun potential in it.

#5 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 05:05 PM

The NPCs in this game are the only people who don't walk around. they stand still. the green dot system is one of the few ideas actually available to C&C Generals ZH that allows a system of buying stuff to actually work. As for he taking out of camps, I will make a more advanced blocking system to make all bandit camps that are reached in later missions inaccessable. the confirmation script for completing a mission will be like this: "YOU HAVE RECEIVED: ..., ..., ...". It tells you what you got for doing it, such as money or radar or even a new town. I would've made the minigame more advanced, but that is the best I can do with teams. Or would you rather I switch to just the vehicle you go next to will go instead? Oh yes, a confirmation script for Steven joining the party is when he changes color from orange to blue. the minigame says that it will race the cars at a later time, after you leave, and record their times. you don't actually see their times, but I already know which vehicles are the fastest and slowest (mind you all 3 are pretty fast), so I designed the rewards like that. NPCs, as stated earlier, do NOT walk around like other civilians. they just stand there. All the shopkeepers are easily found because they have 2 UN Soldiers next to them to guard the shop. Oh yes, although the first mission is easy, the second one is harder (much stronger units and more of em), and the 3rd one, I'm not even gonna start going on about. All I'll tell you is that there's a bunch of long-range rocket launchers and quads, so infantry are almost the best pick for that. I will also make more "Ambushes", as I call them. Basically th fights in other RPGs, where you disappear to an unknown plane and go on a turn-based battle system. However, in Desert Legends, you don't dissappear, you actually stay there (vastly outnumbered) and fight. Enemy attacks may hit eac other as well. For example: the flamethrowers. if they are shooting you and you're right next to some men or a tank, they will hurt the men/tank as well as you, or you can make them do a sweeping action to hit enemies behind you. either way, it still hurts em.

I'm going to be working on a way to limit the stuff you can buy more effectively as well. Didn't the instructions for shopping pop up in the "Shop"?

Oh yes xjjohnno, in your sig it says typos will incur royalty fees. you do realize that you didn't space after your commas, so you should pay me the royalty fees (this is a topic started by me for a series of maps I'm working on, and I'm the one who pointed this out), however much they are.

I will probably start radar event scripting so you will know where to go for each bandit camp/town.

-00 Nobody

Edited by 00 Nobody, 05 March 2006 - 05:06 PM.

Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx

#6 Karlos Vandango

Karlos Vandango

I Post Every Second Of My Life

• Project Team
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Beta Tester Project Raptor
  •  The Posting Maniac

Posted 06 March 2006 - 11:22 AM

Ha THis is brillent nooby just fucking fantastic
Posted Image

#7 spartan 117

spartan 117

zealot

• Project Team
  • 377 posts
  • Projects:doing maps and missions together with jsmooth13 and 00nobody
  •  mapper

Posted 06 March 2006 - 03:15 PM

awesome work nobody but here's one tipp:

in the string file, put a "\n" infront of every line (first one as well) so all the text appears as the same and not like one line bolt next one normal...

things like map names and stuff can be kept that way but dialogue (important in wiatng) looks stupid if there's one line bolt and the next one normal.

i know u can just ignore it but i don't, i'm a person who loves quality... :blush:
Posted Image

#8 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 11:08 PM

Well, I can't for the prices. If I do that it will put stuff below the UI.
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx

#9 spartan 117

spartan 117

zealot

• Project Team
  • 377 posts
  •  mapper

Posted 07 March 2006 - 04:47 PM

why does it work for me then?

nah not again, don't tell me my wb is fucked again
Posted Image

#10 spartan 117

spartan 117

zealot

• Project Team
  • 377 posts
  •  mapper

Posted 07 March 2006 - 04:57 PM

what's that warn thingy below my personal stuff ??

i'm feelin pursued pr am i paranoid
Posted Image

#11 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 11:01 PM

I have it too. must be a new feature for every member.

EDIT:

I almost forgot.

Does anyone know where to get a program that changes .mids and other music files into .mp3s?

Edited by 00 Nobody, 07 March 2006 - 11:03 PM.

Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx

#12 spartan 117

spartan 117

zealot

• Project Team
  • 377 posts
  •  mapper

Posted 08 March 2006 - 04:34 PM

chaning other music files into mp3 ??

well somehow i have em all in mp3 :dry:
Posted Image

#13 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 11:02 PM

Well, I have some cool music that I'd like to use as boss music in Desert Legends, but it's in .mid and not .mp3. If I could do it, I would have some very good (as in dramatic) music for the final battle in each level.
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx

#14 xjjohnno

xjjohnno
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 March 2006 - 03:50 AM

If you have Nero installed look at their Wave Editor,I know it does .wav to mp3s.
Had a quick replay of the RPG,found that me changing the screen orientation is what made the NPC in Tiber City kind of hidden due to me matching the gamescreen to the map cardinal points done via the 5 key in the number pad.
Re the royalty fees,me being the patent holder on typos I end up being the benificiary of all fees pending.

#15 Fire Ze Missiles!

Fire Ze Missiles!

Lord High NukeMaster

• Members
  • 1,200 posts
  • Projects:The Ziggurat generally, Apocalypse in particular.
  •  Refuses to be beaten by Vortigern.

Posted 11 March 2006 - 08:09 PM

@00 - i'm not sure if this will work but i think it does - open my computer or whatever you have the music stored in in a window and then drag the file on to your desktop. It comes out in a quicktime file. Hopefully that's what you need.
Please inform me if i just said something really stupid.
Of course I don't look busy; I did it right the first time.
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
FZM and Vort don't do tag wrestling...but if they did, they'd probably be the worst tag-wrestlers in the world.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Oh for fuck's sake!

#16 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 12:03 AM

Planning on perhaps making a follow-up series that starts you off fighting as a desert empire and then switching to the Desert Corps. The Desert Corps. is a fighting force made up of all three forces with the GLA as a base. They cannot build technicals, but instead have dune buggies, and the T-60 is their basic tank. This has to do with DLRPG because it happens about 15 years before Desert Legends, in the exact same desert. Going to work out more of the special things, but I'm sure that I'll get it figured out (mostly) in a few weeks. I'd upload their symbol, but I don't have enough global attachments space. lol.
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx

#17 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 01:53 PM

Planning on perhaps making a follow-up series that starts you off fighting as a desert empire and then switching to the Desert Corps. The Desert Corps. is a fighting force made up of all three forces with the GLA as a base. They cannot build technicals, but instead have dune buggies, and the T-60 is their basic tank. This has to do with DLRPG because it happens about 15 years before Desert Legends, in the exact same desert. Going to work out more of the special things, but I'm sure that I'll get it figured out (mostly) in a few weeks.

I now have their symbol, check out my avatar to see it.

I also have their unit listing.

Desert Corps.

Unit Listings
© 2006 00 Nobody Maps

Infantry:
Rebel
Tank Hunter
Hacker
Ranger
Assasin
Worker

Aircraft:
Chinook
Stealth Fighter
MiG

Vehicles:
T-60
Dune Buggy
Rocket Buggy
Humvee
USA Dozer
Battlemaster
Heavy Tank
Avenger
Ambulance

Buildings:

USA Dozer:
China Airfield
China Nuclear Missile Silo
USA Strategy Center
USA Patriot Missile System

Worker:
USA Barracks
GLA Arms Dealer
GLA Power Plant
GLA Supply Stash
GLA Tunnel Network
Militia Command Center
Militia Artillery Cannon
Militia Resistance HQ
GLA Demo Trap

Hope you like it! (still not quite finished).

Edited by 00 Nobody, 31 March 2006 - 02:10 PM.

Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx

#18 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 01:22 PM

Reviving for the sake of new members.
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx

#19 ChineseICman

ChineseICman
  • Project Team
  • 153 posts
  • Projects:Alien Crisis mapper/unit finder (thats me) The Korean War 2 Mod (only in planning)
  •  The Chinese connection to a world of aliens....ALIEN CRISIS

Posted 13 June 2006 - 05:49 PM

Hey, I got a question about this map. just played it and I didn't get to go to no other town's. It is great but after I killed all the gla I found nothing happened. Might just be me, I'll retry.

#20 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 10:15 PM

Here's how to get to the other towns.

1. Find the NPC in the starting city. He's an old guy standing alone (instead of walking around). Listen to the whole quest given to you and complete.
2. After rescuing Steven, listen to the things said then, which tells you which place to go for the second city, Tiber City.
3. Find the NPC there (he's somewhat hidden behind a building, but still on the main road), and begin his two-pronged quest.
4. Go up the mountain and fight off the mountain bandits to begin part two of the quest.
5. After rescuing the next character (not telling who), head north to the third city (it tells you this too), where it essentially ends.

I have not progressed that far, but it's almost over at that point. I still have to make the Bandit Lord's base and prepare the quest for it. I will also make names for the quests. I almost feel like working on it right now, and I shall. I'll make fixes for the quests, characters, battles... and the shopping fix.
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users