Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 25 July 2006 - 08:15 AM

Because we don't want an evil men faction. We want a Harad faction. How many times will this question be asked?

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#42 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 25 July 2006 - 09:26 AM

Because we don't want an evil men faction. We want a Harad faction. How many times will this question be asked?

'till you do it :mellow:

no, it's a normal question, because their evil, AND men, not orcs or uruks....
and if you would make an EvilMen faction, you could just as well add Dunlendings, Rhûn, Harad, Khand, Ruffians and Slavers
So, many only think of EvilMen as Rhûn and Harad....not the other men thats corrupted :ohmy:

btw, love your mod! :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#43 Mullers_11

Mullers_11

Onlooker

• Project Team
  • 806 posts
  • Projects:Visions, The Four Ages
  •  Not active

Posted 25 July 2006 - 09:43 AM

'till you do it :mellow:

'Tis never gonna happen :unsure:

no, it's a normal question, because their evil, AND men, not orcs or uruks....
and if you would make an EvilMen faction, you could just as well add Dunlendings, Rhûn, Harad, Khand, Ruffians and Slavers
So, many only think of EvilMen as Rhûn and Harad....not the other men thats corrupted :mellow:

But we are not being as general as Evil Men, the faction is Harad with small influences

Trust me, you won't be disappointed with Harad :mellow:

btw, love your mod! :ohmy:

Thank you :p

Retired

#44 {IP}LORDOFDARKNESS

{IP}LORDOFDARKNESS

Dark Master and Fx Lord

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  Advanced Fx Coder

Posted 20 August 2006 - 08:54 PM

Ok here is my idea list:

Saruman could have a nice lvl 10 power like wop with a new Fx or something like that.
The witch-King really sucks EA Games should given him a nice power maybe you guys could do this he is the wizard of angmar he really needs a lvl 10 power.
Remove the dragons from the spellbook of isengard and you could replace them with Orc Master's idea i really like those, Lightning Storm and Wrath of Caradhras.
Maybe add some heroes to mordor like shagrat gorbag or gothmog.
Isengard could use to some new heroes like Ugluk.
You could add Damrod or a few new ranger heroes to men.

PS- Just ideas dont feel yourself pushed , i already liked your mod btw Great work shown there guys :huh:

- Please tell me what you think of it

Edited by LORDOFDARKNESS, 20 August 2006 - 09:10 PM.

Posted Image

#45 Orc Master

Orc Master
  • New Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 11:28 PM

Those sound good to me...

Although, I have no power to accept or reject them ;)

*waits for Matias to use his power to accept or reject ideas* :p

#46 {IP}LORDOFDARKNESS

{IP}LORDOFDARKNESS

Dark Master and Fx Lord

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  Advanced Fx Coder

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:27 AM

Those sound good to me...

Although, I have no power to accept or reject them ;)

*waits for Matias to use his power to accept or reject ideas* :p

Ok i hope matias will reply on this, glad you like it :wub:
Posted Image

#47 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 08:25 AM

We'll see about those ideas, although Damrod is already ingame.

Ugluk is on my list as well.

#48 Mullers_11

Mullers_11

Onlooker

• Project Team
  • 806 posts
  •  Not active

Posted 21 August 2006 - 09:04 AM

Saruman could have a nice lvl 10 power like wop with a new Fx or something like that.

Not original enough. Something more original needed here.

The witch-King really sucks EA Games should given him a nice power maybe you guys could do this he is

Nothing planned at the moment.

Remove the dragons from the spellbook of isengard and you could replace them with Orc Master's idea i really like those, Lightning Storm and Wrath of Caradhras.

Yes'm.

Maybe add some heroes to mordor like shagrat gorbag or gothmog.

Who knows...

Isengard could use to some new heroes like Ugluk.

Ugluk is on Matias' list.

You could add Damrod or a few new ranger heroes to men.

Damrod, Madril and Halbarad will be implemented.

Retired

#49 {IP}LORDOFDARKNESS

{IP}LORDOFDARKNESS

Dark Master and Fx Lord

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  Advanced Fx Coder

Posted 21 August 2006 - 09:08 AM

Good its nice you already have some ingame , then maybe you can give saruman wrath of caradhras
Posted Image

#50 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 12:05 PM

Maybe you'll give Witchking another 10 lvl power? " Wizard of Angmar" - his sword glows with fire and damages shown enemy(strong as Istari Light)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#51 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2006 - 11:52 PM

Hello all,

Congratulations for your great work! I'm eager to see Middle-earth as it should be done. i have a suggestions to make. In Tolkien books nobody use armours heavier than chainmail and those Gondorian heavy plate armours are just a PJ/weta invention. If you are trying to keep faithful to the books here is a suitable mix of both influences:

Posted Image

Conversion made by Stephen Maclean (Isildurian) taken from from The Last Alliance webpage

Keep the good work!

#52 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:24 AM

Well first of all, I don't see that picture. And, we intend to go by WETA designs because they are simply great.

#53 Mullers_11

Mullers_11

Onlooker

• Project Team
  • 806 posts
  •  Not active

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:55 AM

Here Matias: Posted Image

Retired

#54 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2006 - 02:22 PM

Well first of all, I don't see that picture. And, we intend to go by WETA designs because they are simply great.

Sorry, then I haven't understand the goal of this mod. I thought it will be Tolkien-based with movie influences, but it seems it is movie-based with some Tolkien influences.

I don't know why you can't see the picture, but here is the URL:

http://www.thelastal...802dd52cb9e.jpg

(BTW I'm not the author of this conversion, I just find it pretty close to Tolkien description even being movie-influenced).

Also, you probably will not be instereted in this essay about arms and armours in Tolkien's Middle-earth because it is based in the books and in clear contradiction with some Weta desing. After all it really doesn't matter what the original author wrote, isn't it?

http://www.lordotrin...books/armor.asp

Please don't get me wrong, I admire the work you are doing but I can't help feeling a bit disapointed because with a little more effort you could bring us real Middle-earth armies.

Good luck

#55 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 04:35 PM

Don't put words in my mouth. It does matter what the original author wrote, however we think it's better to use the WETA designs and change the game to a more Tolkien view. Basically we continue from the Weta designs, use them as guidelines while we create things that weren't in B4MEII while they should have been.

#56 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2006 - 06:22 PM

Don't put words in my mouth.

No offense intended, but I just follow the evidence. When Tolkien descriptions are in conflict with WETA designs, you give preference to the movie designs.

It does matter what the original author wrote, however we think it's better to use the WETA designs and change the game to a more Tolkien view. Basically we continue from the Weta designs, use them as guidelines while we create things that weren't in B4MEII while they should have been.

But that's exactly the line of my suggestion! Using WETA designs with as few changes as possible to stay true to Tolkien. If you have managed finally to see the image I linked, you should have got the point. Just removing the non-Tolkienesque, non-existing in ME plate armour the WETA Gondorian design fits perfectly with canon material.

There are a lot of things Tolkien didn't describe, as the giants. Personally, I don't like B4MEII ones because they look too similar to Trolls but I can understand you keep them as they don't contradict Tolkien writings.

Of course it's your work and you are the one who must decide how true to Tolkien it will be. Anyway, I will be happy enough when the Warhammer Dwarves and the Orc character riding a spider disappear into oblivion.

Keep the good work.

#57 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 06:33 PM

You'll be glad to know the Giants aren't in anymore, since there is no canonical evidence to proof their existence. I believe they were mere metaphors, others believe different.

#58 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2006 - 07:13 PM

You'll be glad to know the Giants aren't in anymore, since there is no canonical evidence to proof their existence. I believe they were mere metaphors, others believe different.

But there are some quotes for their existence! Maybe the clearer is this:

"I must see if I can find a more or less decent giant to block it [the Goblin's Gate] up again," said Gandalf, " or soon there will be no getting over the mountains at all."

The Hobbit, Chapter VI "Out of the frying-pan into the fire"

So Gandalf is talking about a creature able to block great doors and being (or not) decent.

Anyway giants seem to be strongly neutral and I think it's a good idea removing them from the game.

#59 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:41 PM

Yes, however Tolkien created the Hobbit as a children's book, he didn't have the plan in mind to incorporate it into his Silmarillion and later LotR works yet. Quotes from the Hobbit aren't canon to me.

#60 alfreak1

alfreak1
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:50 PM

What will be replacing giants as a siege unit for the gobbos then?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users