Galadriel's glow

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 moodyblues17

moodyblues17
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 06:58 PM

I'm starting to get the hang of this modding stuff, and am actually quite liking it. ;)

However theres something that I want to do but just have no idea how to do it. I basically want to remove Galadriel as the Good side's ring hero (probably replace her with Gandalf) and have her as a buildable hero for the Elves. I can pretty much figure all that out myself. The part I'm stuck on though is removing that horrible (in my opinion) glow from her that she has. How do I do it? Any help appreciated.

EDIT: If there is anything else that I need to know about making a ring hero into a normal hero, then please help me out. :p

Edited by moodyblues17, 05 March 2006 - 07:02 PM.

#2 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 07 March 2006 - 06:48 PM

i suppose it's possible, but you can also just use the normal galadriel that's already in the game (she appears in the first evil mission and is called ElvenGaladriel)
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#3 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 07 March 2006 - 06:53 PM

hmm when you add her she has that glow still.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#4 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 07 March 2006 - 07:01 PM

then remove this from her Draw code

ModelConditionState = USER_1			; ring hero version.
			Model			   = EUGaldrl_SKN
		End

also, edit the buildcost and make her respawnable at the citadel
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#5 moodyblues17

moodyblues17
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 09:00 PM

Woo! Got a reply to this! :huh:

Nice, thanks for the tips guys. I can easily change her commandpoints, buildcost and buildtime etc etc, but theres just a few things I cannot do:

1. How exactly do I make her respawnable from the citadel?

2. I have managed to add her to the elven faction easily, but she doesn't gain experience and starts at level 0 which is very annoying. How can I get her to gain experience, grow levels and start at lvl 1?

2. How do I successfully replace her with Gandalf so that he will become the Good side's ring hero?

3. Are there any other final pieces of code that should be deleted/adjusted for Galadriel so that she'll no longer be the ring hero?

Edited by moodyblues17, 07 March 2006 - 09:02 PM.

#6 Artifice

Artifice

title available

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 12:38 AM

1. Add this:
Behavior = RespawnUpdate ModuleTag_RespawnUpdate		DeathAnim				= DYING				;Model condition to play when killed-to-respawn		DeathFX				= FX_AragornDieToRespawn     	;FXList to play when killed-to-respawn		DeathAnimationTime		= 3933				;How long DeathAnim will take.		InitialSpawnFX			= FX_AragornInitialSpawn	;FXList to play when respawning.		RespawnAnim				= LEVELED				;Animation to play when respawning.		RespawnFX				= FX_ResurrectionAragorn	;FXList to play when respawning.		RespawnAnimationTime		= 2000				;Time it takes for respawn to play.		AutoRespawnAtObjectFilter	= NONE +CASTLE_KEEP		;Respawn at this location -- and at it's exit production point if possible.		ButtonImage				= HIAragorn_res				;RespawnEntries determine the ruleset for how a character can be revived. Some units may automatically respawn, others		;may require a specific revive action performed on him. You can specify different values for each level... or use Level:Any		RespawnRules =			AutoSpawn:No	Cost:800		Time:90000		Health:100%		;DEFAULT VALUES		RespawnEntry =	Level:2				Cost:1000		Time:90000						;For other levels, only override what is different.		RespawnEntry =	Level:3				Cost:1200		Time:90000		RespawnEntry =	Level:4				Cost:1400		Time:90000		RespawnEntry =	Level:5				Cost:1600		Time:120000		RespawnEntry =	Level:6				Cost:1800		Time:120000		RespawnEntry =	Level:7				Cost:2000		Time:120000		RespawnEntry =	Level:8				Cost:2200		Time:120000		RespawnEntry =	Level:9				Cost:2400		Time:120000		RespawnEntry =	Level:10			Cost:3000		Time:120000	End
Except change the button Image to Galadriel and you can change the time and cost according to what you seem fit.

2. Give her an experience level, or add her to an existing one. You probably want to make her a new one because of her abilities.
;----------- Galadriel ------------------ExperienceLevel ElvenGaladriel_RingHeroLevel1	TargetNames					= ElvenGaladriel_RingHero	RequiredExperience			= 1	ExperienceAward				= 500	ExperienceAwardOwnGuysDie	= 0	Rank						= 10	Upgrades					= Upgrade_ObjectLevel1	SelectionDecal		Texture					= decal_hero_good		Style					= SHADOW_ALPHA_DECAL		OpacityMin				= 50%		OpacityMax				= 100%		MinRadius				= 40		MaxRadius				= 200		MaxSelectedUnits		= 40	EndEnd
This is the ringhero one. Notice how although the experiencelevel is called ElvenGaladriel_RingHeroLevel1 she still comes out into the game Rank 10. This is because of the Rank. Change that to 1 and she will spawn as rank 1. However, you will need to create more experience levels for her, so just copy this one and paste it 10 times, rename the name of it and change the rank, and add the upgrades of the abilites where it says 'Upgrades', or if you don't want her to gain an ability at that level, delete the line or comment it out ( ; ). Most importantly change where it says TargetNames = ElvenGaladriel_RingHero to the name of the Galadriel you want to give the experience level to.

3. I haven't looked thoroughly, but I thought that the RingHero was a childobject of a normal Galadriel.. So if you just used that Galadriel you shouldn't have to change any code..

#7 UglukTheMagnificent

UglukTheMagnificent
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:17 PM

I'm starting to get the hang of this modding stuff, and am actually quite liking it. ;)

However theres something that I want to do but just have no idea how to do it. I basically want to remove Galadriel as the Good side's ring hero (probably replace her with Gandalf) and have her as a buildable hero for the Elves. I can pretty much figure all that out myself. The part I'm stuck on though is removing that horrible (in my opinion) glow from her that she has. How do I do it? Any help appreciated.

EDIT: If there is anything else that I need to know about making a ring hero into a normal hero, then please help me out. :p

Well I thought the glow was neat she is magic after all.

#8 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  • Projects:Revora, {IP}
  •  Varied
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:PR Admin

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:36 PM

Downfall wrote an article on how to do this. :)
Clicky
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users