Supply Truck AI

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ImmoMan_*

Guest_ImmoMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2004 - 12:37 PM

I noticed that, when the supply truck AI collects supplies, it heads back to base when the the supply source it's collecting from is depleted. Nothing wrong with that, but it does that even if there's another source of supplies nearby. So rather than just filling up completely, it drives all the way back to base first, unloads its partial cargo, and then complains there's no more supplies around (because they are too far away for the scan). However it should fill up what it can from one source, and if it's not full yet, first look around to see if there are other sources nearby that it can use to fill up completely. So does anyone know how to do this?

#2 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  • Projects:Dayvi.com
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 05 May 2004 - 01:02 PM

It that could be done it could also be re-used to make a tiberium harvester. Where it goes from one tiny patch to another.

#3 Guest_ImmoMan_*

Guest_ImmoMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2004 - 01:16 PM

That's what I'm trying to do. This is for the Ore Truck.

#4 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts
  • Projects:Heh! You're not going to ask me that question.

Posted 05 May 2004 - 04:05 PM

Hmm so ONLY want the ore truck to go back to the refinery once its ore capacity is depleted? That sounds more like an ini problem..You may just be able to make it so that the ore truck uses the stop command when it has depleted the resources, and then tell it to move to the nearest ore patch but this is uncertain to say the least, because it is actually near to impossible to get the human's ore truck to use this.

You'll need an INI solution I think..
Command & Conquer: Red Alert - ReGeneration

"Not the faintest clue =\"

-ComradeJ

#5 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts
  • Projects:Heh! You're not going to ask me that question.

Posted 06 May 2004 - 01:19 PM

Or you could simply tell the ore trucks to guard the area every few seconds - they will go off to the nearest supplies. Yet again it may not work for the human player.
Command & Conquer: Red Alert - ReGeneration

"Not the faintest clue =\"

-ComradeJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users