Photo

RS Tournament?

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you be interested in an RS tournament?

I'm thinking of setting up a Robot Storm tourney. Would this be of interest?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 18 March 2006 - 05:37 PM

lol.

All that remained of Xeno was the snowy LAT and some walls. ;)

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#102 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 18 March 2006 - 05:57 PM

I think the AIs starved him of cash...Elerium's derrick killing tactic paid off for him. I think both were trying to starve the other out, and it was Xeno who blinked first. Both players played it well though. ;)

#103 daedra

daedra
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 10:07 PM

Ghah crud :(
i've missed chance of entry.
well from what i've read so far this tourny is a great prospect, although i must admit air spam and engi rushes are a bit cheap, no offence intended Ali (sorry if it was) well i've been away from the forums for a while, but im back, back i say!! and if for any number of reasons u need a substitute im available at weekends all day and all night litterally.
Posted Image

#104 Samael

Samael

Living life to the fullest

• Project Team
  • 1,477 posts
  • Projects:Living my Life the right way
  •  Baller

Posted 19 March 2006 - 12:20 AM

Hmm, Ash there is some that still want to enter. Is there anything you can do or you could use them as back up players if anyone still wants to drop out or setup a side tournament. Your call ;) .

#105 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 10:45 AM

Well for now, they're substitutes.

Don't think that this will be the only tournament... :) The next one'll prolly be even bigger :blush:

#106 daedra

daedra
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 06:42 PM

sweet! the not so annual RS tournament
Posted Image

#107 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 01:11 PM

He may yet pull out like I told ya. In which case, Daedra will be in (Speeder can't since his RS doesn't work...).

#108 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts
  •  Ex Cameo Maker and Modder

Posted 20 March 2006 - 03:39 PM

Well since it maybe a while until i face Ali in pergatory i challege the mighty Ash to a game, when he next get a chance ;)
Posted Image

#109 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 03:48 PM

I hereby accept your challenge.

#110 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 04:58 PM

Well as you can imagine, i lost... and inside of 10 mins too ;)
Posted Image

#111 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 08:18 PM

Was it that fast? ;)

Edited by Paradox, 20 March 2006 - 08:21 PM.

#112 Gamr973

Gamr973

Self Proclaimed Forum Zombie Ninja

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 03:07 AM

I just had a battle owned gamr with my steathly enginer rush into his base, he still kept building mcvs from god knows where and then the game died when Ashs 28.8 k modem blew up taking down half the internet.

I win by default.

:blink: Asshole you chronoed engineers into my base 6 times and only 4 worked i would have won anyway if ash hadnt disconnected, i had an conyard walled in and defended + i was about to wipe out your spare mcvs that u thought were hidden. u had virtualy no base AND i had 3 mcvs left and tons of cash + i had both my allies and u only had 1. so who was getting Pwned? :grin: lol, u are nothing but an exploiting n00b.
Anybody interested in his pathetic stats just look at the thumbnail. Note he came in just above comjerkov (paradox) and HE sold 5 seconds into the match to spectate. and notice how i am above him rank wise. So Ali dont act like u got any skill all you do is spam units and exploit your idea of a tactic is to send in some chrono engineers and rush their warfacterys and barracks IGNORING the fact that 2 of my 3 conyards were without walls you rush $60,000 in jets and are surprised when my 10 robot tanks, 4 siege crawlers, and mor than a dozen laser turrets destroy them befor they get in my base. You destroyed almost half the tech buildings on your side and tryed to be sneaky building an mcv and leaving it there for a minute and a half next to your wf and finally puting the only mcv u have nt to 2 oil derricks. THE ONLY REASON you lasted so long was becouse of your 2 AIs hellstorm cannon crawling and laser turret spamming it was teh only thing that kept you alive if it was a 1 vs 1 i would have Pwned the hell out of you! your pathetic if you actually thought you could have won that match the only ai u had was about to be wiped out. half his base was gone and almost all of your was! i still had 2 conyards 3mcvs 4 wfs 2 barracks 1 battlelab 1 machine depot 8 oil derricks 1 air port 7 pp and great base defences. you had 2 conyards 1 wf 1 barracks 1 battle lab 3 pp 2 oil derricks 0 airports and barely any base defences other than the greens hscannnons. so hey FUCK YOU, you have no strategie and i dunno maybe 1/3 of a brain?

btw Ash i wont be able to compete in the tourney if u havent noticed ive been sidetracked and now oblivion is coming out (Tomorrow!!!) :) ^_^ and RS is still one of the best mods ive ever played for ANY game.

(btw gone due to tes:oblivion)

Attached Thumbnails

• I_WIN.JPG

Edited by Gamr973, 21 March 2006 - 03:42 AM.

"Im not retreating, Just fighting in the other direction."
Posted Image

#113 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 21 March 2006 - 07:35 AM

So.. who will replace Gamr?

#114 Az3r^

Az3r^

Resident Fan Boy/Tester

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Nothing Atm .
  •  Oldbie Slacker since August 03

Posted 21 March 2006 - 07:39 AM

Ash as i said im avialable from the 26th now ;P . so i can play my game after that date, as im in london these next 3 days
Quotes :
Paradox @ Ali - "And what the fuck would you know? Ever been? Oh no, sorry, your map says 'HERE BE DRAGONS' anywhere outside of your rock"

#115 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 12:42 PM

Looks like you're in to replace Gamr, Daedra. Add my MSN. :blink:

I will also need somebody to replace Iain unless he responds to me ASAP. Any takers?

Also, Ali...stop bitching about it. I admit my internet played up there, but that was a FRIENDLY match. A tournament warm-up. And yes, I put the rule in to prevent 3 rushes which you did. And he built loads because he could. I would've ensured to have at least 2 around, even WITHOUT the threat of engirushing...

Edited by Paradox, 21 March 2006 - 12:43 PM.

#116 daedra

daedra
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:05 PM

ok ill give it a go:)
but i must warn you all before i start this, i have had one or two probs with connection errors in the past, my pc is like archaic, but yeah ill give it a shot:)
yeah my account name by the way is
the_regime
and yeah ill add u paradox.
Posted Image

#117 Samael

Samael

Living life to the fullest

• Project Team
  • 1,477 posts
  • Projects:Living my Life the right way
  •  Baller

Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:17 PM

Hey Ash how many do you have standing by?

Because I might pull out of the tournament so I don't keep this tournament behind and I don't think my hours will change very soon so if you have someone that really wants to enter yet you can raplace me :) . But I can still be used as someone to train against. :lol:

#118 Gamr973

Gamr973

Self Proclaimed Forum Zombie Ninja

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 01:32 AM

hey ash looks like the tourney is flatlining..... goodluck it looks like im staying here for a while...... if you care look lower sorta offtopic but hey

AAAAGGHH Bethesda crapped out on me!!! i waited for this game for 3 yearsi buaght the game for 50 dollers US!!!!!and had a graphics card it said was supportedit wouldnt play even when i updated my drivers. i tried to take it back to walmart(assholes) and they wouldnt refund me cuase they thought i might have copied the game(again assholes). than i tried the company and they blamed walmart. so it looks like im gonna be out of $50.00 US.... lieing evil bethesda... westwood would never do such a thing if they existed stil..... =( poor Westwood got murdered by EA.....

Edited by Gamr973, 25 March 2006 - 04:12 PM.

"Im not retreating, Just fighting in the other direction."
Posted Image

#119 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 08:42 AM

The tourney isn't flatlining. I just haven't had everyone on for a game yet. When ppl actually get their asses online and I can be bothered to host games, the next match will happen :lol:

#120 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 09:47 AM

Well i have a Urology appointment at Hospital today. But this evening im ready to have my match against ali, thats if he's gunna be online?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users